Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2019, 04:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
X-Men
Harrison Ford

Porgs, etc.

tuck frump
sum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 09:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
They certainly aren't up to the standard of the OT. Except the place where Luke hangs out. That's filmed in a cool place in County Kerry called Skellig Michael. But I wish the hadn't filled it with silly creatures.
I would visit that island!

I did like the salt planet at the end of TLJ, Crait. With the crystal wolves. But that's it.
Old 07-16-2019, 06:39 AM
Shawn’s Señorita

Oh yeah that place looks pretty cool.
Old 07-20-2019, 05:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
X-Men
Harrison Ford

Cheap ripoff of Hoth.

tuck frump
Old 07-20-2019, 07:11 AM
Shawn’s Señorita

Much more colorful.
Old 07-23-2019, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
X-Men
Harrison Ford

Not an improvement.

tuck frump
Old 07-24-2019, 05:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Wars
Chris Pine

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Porgs, etc.
Right Agreed with them but liked the wolves
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So this is perfect place to post this. This Tumblr post really puts into words all the feelings I have about my dislike of Kylo Ren.

Quote:
anonymous asked:

What do u think about Kylo Ren?
Quote:
corellian-smuggler answered:

My thoughts on Kylo Ren are harsh so if you like his character I’d advise you not to continue reading.

I think the very existence of Kylo Ren is disgusting, and by that I mean I am appalled at the writers for choosing to make Han and Leia’s son evil. Not only does it completely ruin Han and Leia’s lives—AND Luke’s—but it also destroys the Skywalker legacy and narratively nullifies Luke’s triumph in redeeming Darth Vader. That is to say that having a son who chose the very evil that they dedicated their lives trying to eradicate—having a son who hero-worships the villain that tortured his father and joining the remnants of the regime that blew up his mother’s planets—is perverse and represents the most grotesque suffering imaginable for Han and Leia. I think this kind of destiny for them—writing their love story as resultant of such a monster who murders his father and tries to destroy his mother—not only COMPLETELY WRECKS the entirety of their story in the original trilogy, it also is, in my opinion, thematically incompatible with Star Wars.

On the topic of narratively cancelling out Vader’s redemption—Luke’s greatest victory in the OT was saving his father’s soul through the power of his faith, and as a result he tips the balance between Light and Dark and restores the Skywalker legacy to the Light. Kylo Ren’s very existence not only undoes that symbolic salvation of their family, it also is a huge “**** you” to Luke’s entire journey, AND it has the added bonus of indicating that Luke had never really succeeded at all, because the seeds of evil were in their bloodline no matter what he did.

I also resent the way that the sequel trilogy completely and purposely ignored the characterization and character arcs of Han, Luke, and Leia in order to serve Kylo Ren’s story. Like, the writers made Han, Luke, and Leia day and do things that were completely OOC in order to make Kylo Ren’s story be what they wanted. For example, I maintain that it is absolute out-of-character blasphemy to insinuate that Luke Skywalker’s first “instinct” would be to murder his nephew in his sleep, but they wrote that into the story even though it was contrary to three film’s worth of characterization because they wanted Kylo Ren to seem more sympathetic to the audience.

Furthermore, Kylo Ren represents the utter destruction of the OT heroes. He is the cause for the dissolution of Han and Leia’s marriage. He MURDERS Han in cold blood. He destroys the Jedi Order that Luke built and then is the reason that Luke dies. The happy ending of Han, Luke, and Leia is undone because of Kylo Ren, and there is no hope left for any of them, because Han and Luke are dead. This means that now the only hope to be had in the films is on the part of Rey, Finn, and Poe, and while I don’t begrudge those characters the ending I’m sure they’ll get, it completely changes and degrades the original trilogy to remove all hope for the original heroes. By inflicting such inescapable misery upon them and by systematically retconning their every triumph, the message of the OT goes from “good will win and faith is rewarded” to “peace and happiness is impossible even for the heroes and their efforts were in vain.” Kylo Ren, as the cause of their suffering, is the embodiment and pinnacle of this message.

Finally, I think it was heinous and dangerous to make a movie that bent over backwards to remove blame from Kylo Ren and make him—a school shooter Nazi murderer—sympathetic or to “explain” or “rationalize” his crimes, and I also wholeheartedly object to the reduction of the (female) protagonist to a prop in the fascist murderer’s story.

In summary I think Kylo Ren represents the death of Star Wars, the blatant lack of respect of the writers for the original characters and for the fans of the OT, and everything that’s wrong with society. Oh, and I don’t buy that Han, Luke, and Leia could collectively raise such an entitled, cruel, selfish, petulant, cowardly, EVIL human being.
Old 07-26-2019, 05:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
X-Men
Harrison Ford

Yeah, I like Adam Driver's acting and I felt Kylo and Rey's interaction was one of the few good points of TLJ, but basically I agree with that post. The writers of the new films really did crap all over the OT and the original trio. That's why I'm not watching any more new Star Wars films after I see Episode 9. I'm going to finish this trilogy and then Disney can go shove their so-called Star Wars where the sun don't shine. I've already boycotted the travesty that was Solo. I'll be happy to boycott a lot more.

tuck frump
Old 07-26-2019, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have nothing against Adam Driver. I would like to state that. I just feel that the character of Kylo is so wrong.

I know I don't want to see Rian's new trilogy. He can shove it!

I'll watch The Clone Wars and I'll check out The Mandolarian.
Old 07-27-2019, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
X-Men
Harrison Ford

I really don't want to watch any more films of any sort by Rian Johnson ever.

tuck frump
Old 07-27-2019, 08:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Wars
Chris Pine

Have to read that later
Old 07-29-2019, 03:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
X-Men
Harrison Ford

:makes Snoke and Admiral Holdo experience each others' company for hours:

tuck frump
Old 07-29-2019, 05:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Wars
Chris Pine

oh wow
Old 07-30-2019, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
X-Men
Harrison Ford

:kicks Kylo in the balls saying "That's for Han!", sends Rey to get lessons on how to pronounce Rs, makes BB8 clean the toilets, clears Luke of the lies TLJ told about him:

tuck frump
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top