Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2016, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Harry Potter got kids into reading, including myself. I'll always be grateful for that. And yes, the message is love conquers all. With that said, it doesn't mean it's the best thing in the universe. I prefer Star Wars and Marvel by far. But I love HP. I have a dark mark tattoo for the love of God

Hating Luke seems like such an impossible thing for me to fathom He's such a great and likeable character, always has been, and Mark Hamill is so approachable and funny.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Whereas hating Harry, Hermione and Ron is easy to understand. As Enda Kenny would say, "Whingers."
Old 02-24-2016, 07:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbis diablo (View Post)

Hating Luke seems like such an impossible thing for me to fathom He's such a great and likeable character, always has been, and Mark Hamill is so approachable and funny.
I know like I get it they wanted Rey Solo but it seems Han/Leia didn't have a daughter just one son, also why is it a crime for Luke having a daughter? and instead of blaming Luke at what happened to Han/Leia blame Disney. Instead their coming up with Luke mind wipe Han/Leia which is why they don't remember Rey, or the gun Han gave Rey was Leia's, and the lightsaber is Leia's just as it is Luke's problem with that is Maz said the lightsaber belong to Luke and his father before him and now it calls to Rey! she didn't say Leia.
Old 02-25-2016, 02:59 AM
Extreme Fan

I like tumblr but it is a blackhole of crazy more times than not. It's best not to delve too deep, lest you lose your way and never get out.
Old 02-25-2016, 03:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I blame Disney/JJ for all the bad decisions, too
Old 02-25-2016, 05:46 AM
Addicted Fan

People getting legit angry/hostile over other people's expectations for a piece of fiction they have zero agency over is ridiculous to me.
Old 02-25-2016, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I get angry a lot, but I never aim that anger towards people who feel differently. If I have something, I hate that thing, not its fans.
Old 02-25-2016, 05:25 PM
Addicted Fan

Oh, sure it's normal to get angry because a tangible thing annoys you.

But getting angry over someone else's hopes to what will happen in the next movie, is just a waste of everyone's time...
Old 02-25-2016, 05:35 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I blame Disney/JJ for all the bad decisions, too
Yep some are saying Rey is just a Kathleen Kennedy self insert which is funny because wasn't Luke a George Lucas self insert? I know that's what the Rey Skywalker team said when they saw it. I like how they called the Rey Skywalker evidence receipts.
Old 02-25-2016, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptyMERMAiD (View Post)
getting angry over someone else's hopes to what will happen in the next movie, is just a waste of everyone's time...
Old 02-25-2016, 07:15 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks to the Rey Skywalker team I saw this
Quote:
It was really JJ’s process of going through figuring out what the best thing could be visually said in the storytelling of that moment of Rey’s and there was many different ways they went about structuring that scene. Ultimately what ended up in the movie was more focused in on Rey which was much more important, and it took us a while to get there. What ends up happening is it’s really just Rey’s vision and it’s about her as a child, past present and future almost and when we started getting distracted by all the cool Star Wars clip show of best of that you can start throwing into it…JJ was smart enough to reign it in and realise that it really should be Rey’s moment and it’s about her story and her vision and why would certain things come into it that are not relevant to her path and her story. ” — Julian Smirke, Associate Editor on The Force Awakens, discussing Rey’s vision on the Steele Wars podcast.
Old 02-26-2016, 03:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Rey's vision is definitely the answer to most of this generation's mysteries I'm especially curious about the part with Obi-Wan and the Knights of Ren.
Old 02-26-2016, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm sick of Rey's bleedin' vision.
Old 02-26-2016, 04:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Rey's vision is definitely the answer to most of this generation's mysteries I'm especially curious about the part with Obi-Wan and the Knights of Ren.
Well I think MSW? reported that the KOR isn't attacking the Jedi Temple but a clan while looking for Luke/Anakin's lightsaber. I know in the novel Rey sees Luke/Vader dueling on Cloud City, also reading about how Rey's vision was set up then its interesting that Rey sees Luke a lot, and as for Obi-Won/Yoda well if Rey is Luke's daughter then it explains why there talking to her it be like Snape/Dumbledore talking to Albus Potter.
Old 02-26-2016, 04:52 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
I'm sick of Rey's bleedin' vision.
I watched the movie twice and I still can't make heads or tails about it. I personally don't think it's as significant as people are making it out to be. I think it served (almost) it's purpose in leading Rey to Luke's light saber, too bad she didn't take it at that moment. I think it unlocked some memories but nothing so earth shattering, I think it was just a plot device to shift Rey from being a nobody from the back water planet of Jakku to a girl with a destiny and an awesome one at that.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top