Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2016, 03:05 PM
Addicted Fan

Things only get serious when people bet their avatars
Old 01-17-2016, 03:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
ever since day 1 I believed she was Luke's daughter even though the odds were against me I still believed and now? I always will believe she is Luke's daughter.
She's not Luke's. I can guarantee you that. May 26th 2017 is going to be one glorious day for me.

Let's have something unexpected and creative for pete's sake! Rey being Luke's is the complete contrary.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 01-17-2016, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It would definitely be predictable, considering the amount of clues, but then again why put so many clues? That's what makes me confused. 'Cause it could go either way, they could just be being obvious or they could be trying to trick us.
Old 01-17-2016, 04:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
She's not Luke's. I can guarantee you that. May 26th 2017 is going to be one glorious day for me.

Let's have something unexpected and creative for pete's sake! Rey being Luke's is the complete contrary.
Oh I'm sure she is most likely VIII will be a Luke story, also he needs a big I mean a very big reason to return, and with the way JJ were talking most likely Rian will reveal Rey's parentage in VIII revealing Rey as Luke's daughter would be killing 2 birds with 1 stone. I mean in 1977 we met Luke Skywalker 40 years later in 2017 Luke Skywalker has a daughter/Rey its like a full circle I really do believe Luke's endgame is with Rey.
Old 01-17-2016, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think we can expect anything unexpected and creative with Disney's Star Wars. And let's remember, that's what it is, not Rian Johnson's Star Wars.
Old 01-17-2016, 05:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbis diablo (View Post)

At this exact second I'm betting on Obi-Wan's granddaughter, but my mind changes EVERYDAY.
Exactly me.

And dragonfire, I think the likely reason for him to go finding the Jedi Temples is to find a way to fix things with his nephew. He has a reason to come back. He already has a family member involved
Old 01-17-2016, 05:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

To me, Rey's parentage is the most uninteresting mystery for the sequels. She's a great character who isn't defined by whose child she is, so if we never found out who her parents were, that wouldn't be a loss at all.
Old 01-17-2016, 05:15 PM
Elite Fan

I disagree. We need to know who her parents are, even if it's just to find out they're no one we know. Otherwise that's going to continue to dominate the discussion until ep 9 comes out.
Old 01-17-2016, 05:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
I don't think we can expect anything unexpected and creative with Disney's Star Wars. And let's remember, that's what it is, not Rian Johnson's Star Wars.
I agree Disney just wants that money and something tells me Rey Skywalker will sell like hot cakes the Skywalker name just sells
Old 01-18-2016, 02:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm very interested in who her parents are and I hope they don't drag it on for too long.
Old 01-18-2016, 04:14 AM
Addicted Fan

Same here. It is the biggest single mystery I care about in The Force Awakens.

I'm so glad we got the answer to who Kylo Ren is almost immediately in the film, I thought they would hold that reveal back to the next movie before I saw it.
Old 01-18-2016, 04:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbis diablo (View Post)
I'm very interested in who her parents are and I hope they don't drag it on for too long.
Me too I have a very good feeling who the pop is but the mother? that's where the real fun/game begins.
Old 01-18-2016, 05:02 AM
Extreme Fan

Can inter-species even breed?

I have seen a comic strip of Jar Jar telling Rey he's her father and she gives a classic Luke reaction to the news. It's totally fabulous
Old 01-18-2016, 06:17 AM
Elite Fan

I hope they reveal who her parents are in Episode VIII. Dragging the mystery for too long is just annoying.
Old 01-18-2016, 08:27 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ring of fire (View Post)
I hope they reveal who her parents are in Episode VIII. Dragging the mystery for too long is just annoying.
Well JJ did say there was so much already going on they felt like holding back on Rey's past, also with JJ saying he knows Rey's parentage but he didn't want to reveal anything that would have made Rian mad, then I guess we will find out Rey's parentage in VIII. Here's the thing though they said once you put Luke into the story he steals the attention away from the others, also wouldn't Luke steal the attention away from Rey's parentage reveal? and really I think that's one of reasons why Rey is Luke's daughter because his story would just overshadowed her parentage reveal and her parentage reveal would just be a afterthought unless her parentage reveal is part of his story.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top