Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2015, 03:41 PM
Elite Fan

Rey (Daisy Ridley) #2: "The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in."

Rey was born to unknown parents and at the age of 5, was left on the planet Jakku, a junkyard planet littered with leftovers from the Battle of Jakku between the New Republic and the Galactic Empire, on her own and learned to survive by scavenging the leftovers which she would sell for sustenence.

fans
verbis diablo
shut_uo_ste
lisagslack14
Out of the Woods
T'Lynn
dragonfire
Bookworm25
Maud&Danny
Chastainღ
sum1
Ron_Beckett
jung trooper
King of Cool
asfaloth12
AlexEvans
baelfire24
sourburst
Musickat18
Daxtreme
Movies
Jerry D
save each other
Karma Police
*OldHollywoodStarlet*
Charmed Slayer Angel
emptyMERMAiD
Static Waves
ElizaSparrow
ring of fire

Previous thread:
http://www.fanforum.com/f99/rey-dais...5/index21.html

Last edited by sum1; 01-01-2016 at 10:50 AM
Old 12-29-2015, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

thanks for the new thread Rae
Old 12-29-2015, 03:47 PM
Elite Fan

To continue the discussion from the previous thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Kylo needing further training doesn't mean he didn't already have training. He was no newbie like Rey. He had been trained by Luke. He was a trained Force user.

In the Prequels, trained Jedi did plenty of fancy twirls, rather than using straightforward methods. Twirls, of course, show finesse rather than brute powr.

Fighting skills with a staff are not the same as fighting skills with a lightsaber. There's a world of difference.
Yes, it was clearly something he hadn't mastered until ROTJ (or shortly before), as I explained in my last post. It was presented in ROTJ to show he'd developed new power since ESB.
What is not open to debate is the fact that Luke had Force training by that time and Rey had not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fooltocry (View Post)
The Force is what kept him standing but he was still injured. In AOTC during the fight with Dooku Obi-Wan got struck in the arm and leg and he was incapacitated.

Not in basic blocking.

And it was shown during the first part of the fight where Kylo forced Rey back and was close to beating her. It wasn't until he said "I'll teach you the ways of the Force" that something clicked in her. Maybe she was remembering something or maybe not but that's when she let the Force flow through her and beat him.

Also, what should the title be?
Old 12-29-2015, 03:57 PM
Passionate Fan

how about...

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in."

it's Maz's quote to her
Old 12-29-2015, 07:48 PM
Elite Fan

I like it! Updated.
Old 12-29-2015, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for bringing that over Musickat, and for starting.

Quote:
The Force is what kept him standing but he was still injured. In AOTC during the fight with Dooku Obi-Wan got struck in the arm and leg and he was incapacitated.
Kylo wasn't that badly injured at all. I didn't see it hinder him much.

Quote:
Not in basic blocking.
Twirling like that takes finesse in any situation and it's certainly not about brute force. His twirling is not a symptom of lack of training. It's a product of a modern taste for flashy moves. He may not have been a fully trained force user, but he clearly had significant training. Not being fully trained doesn't mean not beng trained. And he had miles more training than her and the Skywalker Force heritage as well.

Quote:
And it was shown during the first part of the fight where Kylo forced Rey back and was close to beating her. It wasn't until he said "I'll teach you the ways of the Force" that something clicked in her. Maybe she was remembering something or maybe not but that's when she let the Force flow through her and beat him.
Actually, she did quite well against him at first. It was only after the start that he began to win.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:58 PM
Elite Fan

Well looking at the picture from the TFA artbook there is indeed 3 people in the picture little Rey, Unkar Plutt, and the person who dropped her off. I could be wrong but it looks like the person is wearing a robe with their hood up, also its funny that in the novel Rey recalls the voice of the person who left her there, and the one person who didn't say a word when she met them was Luke himself.
Old 12-30-2015, 02:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I need to watch that Kylo/Rey fight scene again. I remember her getting her ass kicked until he spoke to her about the force but I could be remembering wrong.
Old 12-30-2015, 03:35 AM
Elite Fan

Look at what Williams did
Quote:
The chords in Rey’s theme are purposefully related to Williams’ well-known Force theme. (He interweaves the two during the end credits.)
Force theme? or as some calls it Luke's theme/Skywalker theme.
Old 12-30-2015, 09:43 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbis diablo (View Post)
I need to watch that Kylo/Rey fight scene again. I remember her getting her ass kicked until he spoke to her about the force but I could be remembering wrong.
I think she was doing more defence than offence for sure. Also, I don't think Kylo Ren's objective was to injure her. He wanted to disarm and take her back to Snoke, so he may not have been giving it his all, as it were.
Old 12-30-2015, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's true!

Just bringing the subject back a bit, my conception of what is canon is also just the OT, no matter what "the powers that be" say. I haven't read the books or the comics but I would consider them kinda fanfiction And the prequels are way too out of character for me to consider canon. So it might go against the "official" definition of the people who own SW now, but to me only the OT is canon. TFA is like a great alternative universe movie for me, but to me the real SW ended in that ewok party in ROTJ

With that said, I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens to Rey in the next movie. She's already so powerful, I wonder how much she's gonna be able to accomplish with actual training Will Luke be her Yoda?
Old 12-30-2015, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree with you about canon, Tar.

As for Luke being her Yoda, is she going to have to carry him on her back? Will he turn green?
Old 12-30-2015, 05:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

After my second viewing I am now more than ever convinced Rey is Luke's daughter.

It's gonna suck having to wait till 2017 to find out!
Emma♥Neal
Old 12-30-2015, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

It will suck. I'm not betting she's anybody's daughter.

As regards my recent complaints about Rey, I still like her and I still root for her. I just think she could be done better. There's something very likable about Daisy Ridley.
Old 12-30-2015, 11:25 PM
Elite Fan

Could I possibly be added? Rey's my favorite of the new characters from TFA
It's taken me all this time to find out what I need
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top