Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Summer TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2018, 12:04 PM
Elite Fan

He did LITERALLY play The Joker.

I think he said "if I had known about them back then, I would've been devastated"
{Spuffy} {LoVe} { Reylo } {Chair} {Candy}
Old 01-08-2018, 02:10 PM
love them more

And The Trickster but that's for his thread
With great love and respect, Damon
Old 01-08-2018, 09:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabous (View Post)
Can I be added to the supporter list?

I recently re-watched ESB and TFA and Han/Leia have now overtaken Jack/Rose as my all-time favourite movie couple.
Welcome
Old 01-09-2018, 01:16 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by a new hope (View Post)
Welcome
Thank you very much.

I ordered "The Princess Diarist". It should arrive next week sometime. I am actually afraid to read it. I will let you guys know my thoughts upon completion.
Old 01-09-2018, 01:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Wars

I'm like halfway through it but couldn't finish yet, it's so nostalgic that I kinda wanna let it last forever
Old 01-09-2018, 02:18 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Aww. I would love to read it to know more about what happened with Carrie and Harrison. :')

I saw it on the store here the other day but it was the translation version and it felt kinda weird reading it, if I get read it it will have to be in English.
I haven't been there in a while. ____

{ catia; ©
Old 01-09-2018, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Wars

I just find it really warming that they were canon on and off screen
Old 01-10-2018, 01:50 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Yes. And they did have amazing chemistry.
I haven't been there in a while. ____

{ catia; ©
Old 01-11-2018, 12:26 AM
Loyal Fan

So, the book came yesterday. A week early. I skimmed through the interesting parts *affair.

Yeah, it is just really, really sad. I will give a full report when I have finished the book completely.

But to me it seems that she was in love with him until the day she died. It is just heart-breaking.

A read a few of her poems / diary entries and why did she hate herself so much?

I hate myself. I can't look in the mirror. I know I am ugly, fat, and gross, stupid and that I am going to die alone.

It is just difficult to know someone as awesome as Carrie felt the same way I feel every single day of my life. She was a hundred times smarter than me and a million times more beautiful.

Is it a female thing for us to hate ourselves?
Old 01-11-2018, 12:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
X-Men

It's not just a female thing. Lots of men feel that way too, they're just less likely to admit it. It's a depression thing. Carrie had major problems with depression. She was bi-polar.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Wars

Yeah she had a lot of issues that took a while to get over. By the end of her life and career, she was speaking very openly about it and served as a great influence to people who suffer from mental disease
Old 01-14-2018, 01:19 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabous (View Post)
So, the book came yesterday. A week early. I skimmed through the interesting parts *affair.

Yeah, it is just really, really sad. I will give a full report when I have finished the book completely.

But to me it seems that she was in love with him until the day she died. It is just heart-breaking.

A read a few of her poems / diary entries and why did she hate herself so much?

I hate myself. I can't look in the mirror. I know I am ugly, fat, and gross, stupid and that I am going to die alone.

It is just difficult to know someone as awesome as Carrie felt the same way I feel every single day of my life. She was a hundred times smarter than me and a million times more beautiful.

Is it a female thing for us to hate ourselves?

I think Carrie released these diaries, partially, as a way to reveal how ~normal~ actors are in reality. They think audiences have a set view that they are defined by the characters they play on screen (particularly with a role so phenomenal as Princess Leia) and it was a chance for Carrie to show people, "we're not the perfect beings you see in the movies. We go through the same problems and emotions as you all do; we're just better at hiding it."

And she did say about Harrison, "I love him; I'll always feel something for him" - so yes, I get the distinct impression that he left a lasting impression on her heart As sad as it seems when you're reading it, I think it's equally sweet that they stayed close until her final days. Promotion for TFA and their scenes together showed a lot of comfort between them and it was nice to see them playfully scold each other in character 40 years on.
Old 01-14-2018, 04:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Wars

Yeah her love for him was so clear and beautiful and inspiring. This is a love that will live on forever Both hers and Han/Leia's.
Old 01-14-2018, 05:08 AM
Elite Fan

^ I think it's beautiful that both Han/Leia and Harrison/Carrie have such enduring relationships. It all adds to the incredible legacy of the Star Wars universe.
Old 01-14-2018, 05:18 AM
Total Fan

Omg, how is it possible that I'm not on the shippers list already?! Add me, please I've been so dived into Reylo lately, that I completely neglected my OTP from the original trilogy

I was always a thing that was going to happen to you, the lightning that would strike on a day that came with no thunder, and all the shelter in all the world couldn't have saved you. All my life I've been making my way to you. - Tyler Knott Gregson
Closed Thread   Post New Thread