Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2018, 12:28 PM
Master Fan

Wow! That pic!
Old 01-16-2018, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

About the books/comics, yeah they're not considered canon anymore, just the ones that come out after the Disney purchase.
Old 01-17-2018, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Aww okay. So would anyone recommend a reading of those or not really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
The Han and Leia separation was pretty much boiled down to "every time you looked at me, I know I reminded you of our Vader-esque son" from Han and Leia responding "we both went back to the things we were any good at, in order to hide from our heartbreak" (I am paraphrasing but that was the gist of it)
Everything was just . I can understand why it happened but I still don't like it.
Old 01-17-2018, 05:16 PM
Supreme Fan

I understand it too, but it still hurts a lot Also i started watching Star Wars late and I watched all the movies all at once for the first time, so when I watched TFA, I was still overwhelmed with Han and Leia from the movies I just saw few day back, that it felt like I was punched in the gut real hard

Icon Credit
Old 01-18-2018, 01:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I go back and forth between understanding that Han and Leia's separation made sense for the narrative in the circumstances of devastation over Ben's turn to the Dark Side, but at the same time, I feel robbed over knowing that the two of them probably hadn't seen each other for AGES until TFA and then they are so tragically deprived of a romantic reunion due to what happens to Han.

That said, I found it deeply moving that Han went above and beyond to bring Ben back from the Dark Side, due to the loving words of Leia that their son is not gone. It's painful to watch, though. I really didn't predict Han being killed off at that point, because I never thought the writers would have the guts to kill off a major original character.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-18-2018, 01:42 AM
Supreme Fan

At least they still loved each other. That was evident.

I didn't think that they would kill Han either, or anyone of the original three, but here we are with Han AND Luke dead and since Carrie is gone, there's no one left

Icon Credit
Old 01-18-2018, 01:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Yes, the Han and Leia scenes in TFA were full of tenderness and romance

Some fans always try to claim "well, they probably killed Han because Harrison wanted him dead after ESB" but I disagree with that. I thought Harrison made a very good point when he said that Han deserved to have a heroic sacrifice story arc to contend with. What could be more powerful than dying at the hands of his son, having gone there at the pleading words of his true love to bring their son back to the Light? It's all very powerful and tragic and beautiful. I'm actually somewhat grateful that Han and Leia's relationship was treated with such importance in the new trilogy.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-18-2018, 02:02 AM
Supreme Fan

It is really powerful, considering that this was probably the thing, that set Ben slowly to the redemption path. He was asking Han for help, because he was still torn inside and he thought that killing Han would help him to finally get rif of the past and go full dark. But it had the exact opposite effect. Han saved him like Ben asked him too.

Icon Credit
Old 01-18-2018, 02:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I will never understand people who saw Kylo being evil in that scene It is all in Adam's performance when he says "...It's too late" that Ben Solo was coming out of him during his father's pleas to come home.

Look at Adam's tearful expression when Harrison says "we miss you." There's nothing fake or cunning about it. He is genuinely considering it. It's truly heartbreaking, and it's clear to see why Leia urged Han to bring him home.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-18-2018, 02:29 AM
Supreme Fan

Mother knows her child. If Leia say that there's still good in him, then there is. Among other evidences

Yeah, sometimes I wonder if we even watch the same movie. There's nothing evil or fake in any of his scenes with Han or Rey.

Icon Credit
Old 01-18-2018, 02:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

It's the usual thing of people seeing what they want to see. Kylo had nothing to gain by crying during that scene with Han. If he had no feelings towards his father, then he wouldn't have got emotional. He would have just strode towards him and ended his life. The whole thing was suspenseful and laced with doubt on Kylo's side. He was doing what Snoke told him to do for years. It's all part of the manipulation he's suffered since leaving home.

Leia knew that. That's why I'm slightly frustrated at her that she would urge Han to go alone to bring him back. It was always going to be dangerous. Maybe if Kylo had been confronted with Han and Luke AT THE SAME TIME, it would have been a majorly different (and more positive) outcome.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-18-2018, 02:48 AM
Supreme Fan

You're right the outcome might have been different. But Luke was kinda unvalaible at the moment, so it was just up to Han. But it was definitely reckless. Like I said, she's the mother, so her judgment might have been a little bit clouded. I don't know, but someone else could have told them that it's not such a good idea.

Icon Credit
Old 01-18-2018, 03:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

It just all seemed so erratic and fast. Han and Leia clearly hadn't seen each other in ages, their son had been away from home for years, and NOW she's saying "bring our son home, if you see him."

She made it sound as if Ben was away at Summer Camp and didn't want to come back because he was having such a good time.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-18-2018, 04:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^

I thought it should've been Leia trying to bring him back, not Han. He clearly has more daddy issues than mommy issues. But I understand why she couldn't since she was leading the Resistance. But yeah, not the best idea.
Old 01-18-2018, 06:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

It all felt quite rushed But I guess that's the only way they could move the plot forward before the sequel. Shove everything into a space of 2 hours, have Han recklessly seek out his son, knowing how dangerous he is...

Leia came across as very naive. "Luke's a Jedi; you're his father." This quote is true, but she knows that Snoke has basically brainwashed Ben into hating his family. So, how could she picture this going well?
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Closed Thread   Post New Thread