Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2018, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's just so much work to turn on the DVD player, find the DVD, open the case and load the player. Then press buttons. being on TV is like a few clicks and no getting up.
Old 12-25-2018, 12:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It is so much work
Old 12-26-2018, 01:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Agreed
shawn&camila
vote phoebe tonkin
a new hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yea the no getting up is perfect
Old 01-09-2019, 04:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

We're lazy
shawn&camila
vote phoebe tonkin
Old 01-20-2019, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Sadly is the case with us currently
Old 01-20-2019, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Fantha Tracks: Travelling to The Phantom Menace shooting locations in Tunisia

From Fantha Tracks:

Quote:
"To start off this celebration year I (someone who loves The Phantom Menace which started my love for Star Wars) visited the shooting locations in Tunisia. [...]

Below follows a travel journal from myself, and while the focus is on the shooting locations of Episode I and the state they appear in after twenty years, I won’t forget other locations from Attack of the Clones and A New Hope.

Visiting Anakin Skywalker

The day after landing in Djerba I went on my first road trip through the country. Now normally people decide to start with Ajim and the A New Hope locations there, but as said my nostalgia lies with The Phantom Menace, so my first stop was Medenine. [...]

Skywalker Alley is the nickname given by fans for the exterior of the front of the home of Anakin and Shmi. This was filmed in front of existing ghorfas (grain storage rooms, combined together in a ksar) in an unnamed street. [...]

Even after twenty years, the location is still instantly recognizable from the movie. A few differences can be noted however: The lovely prop-doors have been removed, and most of them by local people. Steve Sansweet managed to rescue one of those doors (which was being used in a chicken coop) and has put it in his collection in Rancho Obi-Wan. And, curiously, there is no sand in front of the doors, but rather big paved stones that would be murder to travel with your bike over. The main downside came from one ghorfa being either in the process of getting demolished or crumbling down in decay on its own. [...]

To visit the backside of Anakin’s home you have to travel roughly 36 kilometers, which takes about 45 minutes, to the town of Ksar Hedada. [...]

Now while the owners claim it is a hotel, I personally could not imagine sleeping there and could not find a way to book a room. Anyway, for a couple of dinar (3 dinar is around 1 euro or dollar, with 1 British Pound being almost 4 dinar) you gain access to the hotel and a cup of (bit bitter) tea. Right after entering the premise, take a left and keep walking till the end.
Click the link for more photos and explanations.

Revenge of the Sith’s Rotten Tomatoes audience score has apparently been skewed by bots

Quote:
From Screen Rant:

"There's something wrong with the Rotten Tomatoes score for Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. The third movie in George Lucas' divisive prequel trilogy, Revenge of the Sith is widely regarded as the best of the three for how it maturely brought the then-six movie saga to a close. However, if you went to popular review aggregate Rotten Tomatoes to see how audiences have rated the film, you'll be getting skewed results.

At present, Revenge of the Sith sits on a 79% Tomatometer score and a 65% user rating, marking it out as the most liked of the prequel trilogy by critics and audiences alike. However, while that critic percentage has been pretty static over the past 14 years, there's something seriously off with its audience score; that 65% is calculated from votes by 33,682,429 users. In comparison, since their respective releases, Star Wars: The Force Awakens has 229,322 audience votes and Star Wars: The Last Jedi only 204,091. Box Office Mojo estimates that Episode III sold 59,324,600 tickets domestically, meaning over 50% of the moviegoing public voted on this movie, compared to 0.3% of The Last Jedi's.

Delving into the past of Rotten Tomatoes using the Wayback Machine, a website that stores snapshots of internets past, provides one solution. In 2010, Revenge of the Sith's audience score was a healthy 85%, a number it had been circling since release five years in 2005. Then, in October 2010, that number shot down 21 points to just 64%. At first, nothing seemed off, with the site citing this number was calculated by 198,824 votes. However, by May 2011, it read 32,050,182 votes for the film, an increase of almost 32 million. This number leaps up to near its current total by 1.5 million in October 2012, when the score settled out at 65% - which it remains at until this day.

While the percentage dropped before the mass influx of votes appeared on the site, it must be noted that the number votes Rotten Tomatoes cited didn't change at all until the 32 million increase. There's a similar lag present across past pages on the Wayback Machine, suggesting that the score and number of votes counted aren't updated with the same frequency by the source site.

It would thus appear that the Revenge of the Sith score only dropped from 85% to 64% after a 160,000% increase in votes. It's unclear what's happened here, but the obvious suggestion would be that bots spammed the page to bring the score down. [...]"
Damn bots!
Old 01-21-2019, 06:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for that
shawn&camila
vote phoebe tonkin
Old 01-21-2019, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the news and updates
Old 01-22-2019, 04:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

shawn&camila
vote phoebe tonkin
Old 01-23-2019, 04:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Always appreciation updates
Old 01-23-2019, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Definitely
shawn&camila
vote phoebe tonkin
Old 01-28-2019, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

So its always nice Steph is around means updates
Old 01-30-2019, 05:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah cause we kinda suck at it
shawn&camila
vote phoebe tonkin
Old 02-04-2019, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Emilia Clarke

At first I was sceptical but now I am looking very forward to the last movie.

EC | ADC
Icon by Agraiel
Movies is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top