Old 06-06-2005, 10:22 PM
Total Fan

Han and Leia

And on the cold wet dirt I cry.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:52 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrItAll
Also i realized, in AotC Padme admits her love for Anakin right before the go into the arena, thinking they are going to die and she'll never get the chance.
In Empire, Leia admits she loves Han right before he goes into carbonite.
They both admitted it right before they didn't think they would ever get the chance.
Like mother, like daughter.
I can't believe I never thought of that....that's an excellent observation! Nice little parallel that I never noticed before.

When I went back and watched AOTC after seeing ROTS, I noticed that I liked the Anakin and Padme scenes more than I originally did. So I suppose ROTS improved my view of them in AOTC. I still wish Anakin wasn't so young in TPM, but I have a lot of problems with TPM, so there's no surprise there.

~Kat
Old 06-07-2005, 08:34 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hmmm that's a toughie, but I'll have to go with my faves Anakin and Padme. I just fell in love with those two from the first time I saw Episode II. I love the whole forbidden angst in their relationship, not to mention it's so tragic.

But I do love Han and Leia as well. They are funny and passionate and I really love the banter between them. You don't get any cooler than Han Solo!

But my vote goes to Ani & Padme
Old 06-07-2005, 02:38 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
.Also i realized, in AotC Padme admits her love for Anakin right before the go into the arena, thinking they are going to die and she'll never get the chance.
In Empire, Leia admits she loves Han right before he goes into carbonite.
They both admitted it right before they didn't think they would ever get the chance.
Like mother, like daughter.
ITA! I noticed the similarities in the Han/Leia, Anakin/Padme pairings and I LOVE both couples. I ship them both. Harrison and Carrie, Hayden and Natalie have wonderful amazing onscreen chemistry. I really loved both pairings and hate to chose but if I had to it would be Han&Leia.
Oliver&Felicity,Andy&April,Neal&Emma,Doug&Carol,Josh&Donna,Hatter&Alice(Syfy),Will&April-Definitely,Maybe.Han&Leia,Logan&Veronica, Zane&Jo,Shawn&Juliet,Vaughn&Syd,Luke&Lorelai,Leo/Piper/Chris,Tate/Bo,Baze/Lux,Walter/Peter,Gus/Shawn/Henry.Jinks/Claudia/Artie/Pete/Myka
Old 06-07-2005, 02:50 PM
Master Fan

I love the story between Anakin and Padme, but I think Han and Leia were way better executed.
i got stuck on the side you know i never chose
but it's all about taking the easy way out for you i suppose
Old 06-07-2005, 02:58 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Han and Leia! I loved the way we seen their relationship develop. They had such awesome chemistry, and I loved the banter between them.

BehrItAll - I hadn't thought of that parallel. Nice catch.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

padme and anakin!!!!they kick jedi and princess ass!hehe....
Old 06-07-2005, 10:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

I love the banter between Han & Leia. As characters, I vote for them. But if we're talking about the actors, definitely Hayden & Nat!
Old 06-08-2005, 07:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou13
I love the banter between Han & Leia. As characters, I vote for them. But if we're talking about the actors, definitely Hayden & Nat!
That's true...Han and Leia are better written characters and had a more developed relationship. BUT visually as a couple Hayden and Natalie blow them away and they have more chemistry. But the characters were written poorly.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:11 AM
Ultimate Fan

Definitely Han and Leia, I like the Anakin/Padme story better but for me it fell a little flat on screen, probably all that terrible dialogue
Old 06-09-2005, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Han and Leia. Not only are they fun to watch, but there's so much heat between them. I love the back and forth banter. There was an instant spark from the moment they met. How can anyone not love the fiesty princess and the scoundrel?

Last edited by LilMouse; 06-09-2005 at 11:47 AM
Old 06-09-2005, 12:25 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse
There was an instant spark from the moment they met.
I was thinking the exact same thing -- they had such terrific chemistry from the instant they're onscreen together.

(And by the way, I love your icon, LilMouse.)

One thing I liked about Han and Leia is the influence they had on each other, as Han, the only-for-himself smuggler, grew to accept responsibility for others and serve in her idealistic cause. And Leia, well -- as Han said, "You could be a little nicer." And she did learn that; she never stopped being feisty, but she got a lighter touch about it, became less judgmental.

I haven't given much thought about the influence, for good or ill, that Anakin and Padme had on each other. I'm interested to hear from the big fans of that pairing how you see it.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

Han and Leia. How can anyone not love the banter? Of course, Leia wouldn't be there w/o Anakin and Padme. The story for both couples is done well but A/P's relationship has a much more serious and tragic nature that's not as fun to watch. Did anyone also notice that Luke realizes his love for Mara when they're both about to be killed by sentinels? And he proposes when he thinks they're both going to die. Another family connection.
Old 06-10-2005, 08:11 AM
New Fan

Han & Leia
Refuse to have to explain. Anyone who watched the OT can see why they're THE StarWars couple.
ANDREWWait, really? Who's our last hope?
WARRENNo, I was just going with it. It was a thing. He's our last hope.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

celera, I never knew that about Luke and Mara.

Suga*Babe I love your avatar. It is soo funny
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top