Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2014, 10:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Padmé Amidala | Natalie Portman #14: "There's always a choice! To live in fear is no life at all."

Banner by BehrItAll

fans:
sum1
BehrItAll
FreedomsBullets
Chris
S.A.S.H.A
Jerry D
Drunk On You
cap'n cook
Movies
unspokenღwords
LilMouse
Seras
BrendaKenobi
lilywang69
sourburst

Banners by Joe Skywalker

Banner by Scythe

Banner by funfuzgirlstalkermagnet

Banner by FreedomsBullets

Website(s) dedicated to Padmé Amidala
Star Wars: Fit For a Queen

If you are interested sign this petition in support of Naboo Ghost, a Star Wars novel in which Luke and Leia would learn more about their mother:
Naboo Ghost Petition

The winner of Natalie's Movie Survivor game.
V for Vendetta

The winner of Padmé's Costume Survivor
The Villa Retreat Gown

The winner of the Movie Quote Survivor
“So this is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause.” –Senator Amidala, Revenge of the Sith

The winner of Padmé Hairstyle and Headdress Survivor
The wedding veil

The winner of Natalie Portman's Red Carpet Style Survivor
83rd Annual Academy Awards at the Kodak Theater, LA (2011)

Previous Threads:
Padmé/Natalie Portman Appreciation thread 1#: All Hail The Queen
Padmé/Natalie Portman Appreciation thread 2#: Leia Remembers You!
Padmé Amidala/ Natalie Portman Appreciation #3: She's awesome even without the Force
Padmé Amidala/ Natalie Portman Appreciation #4: The mother of the Rebellion's heroes
Padmé Amidala/Natalie Portman Appreciation #5: She sacrificed her childhood to help others
Padmé Amidala/Natalie Portman Appreciation Thread #6: Her life is like a Greek tragedy
Padmé Amidala/Natalie Portman Appreciation #7: She's our angel
Padmé Amidala/Natalie Portman Appreciation #8: She may be forgotten in the EU but never by us
Padmé Amidala/Natalie Portman Appreciation Thread #9: Come vote on Padmé's Costume Survivor game
Padmé Amidala/Natalie Portman Appreciation Thread #10: Vote on Nat's character quote survivor!
Padmé Amidala/Natalie Portman Appreciation Thread #11: It's a great year to be Natalie Portman
Padmé Amidala/Natalie Portman Appreciation Thread #12 - hairstyle/headdress survivor

http://www.fanforum.com/f99/padm%C3%...ause-63048800/

Last edited by sum1; 12-16-2015 at 10:23 AM
Old 10-12-2014, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

From the last thread~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
...and the idea that a woman would will herself to die and leave her children behind because her husband had turned to the Dark Side of the force is the most misogynistic notions that I’ve ever seen enacted on a movie screen. It’s beyond demeaning to women and it falls into a realm that’s so incredibly wrong that words fail me.
I agree with this so much
Old 10-12-2014, 10:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
That was so perfectly put sum, and I agree with every word you said. Brilliant post, as always. Padmé started out as a strong and resourceful woman, but Lucas made her weak and pathetic in Revenge of the Sith, and the idea that a woman would will herself to die and leave her children behind because her husband had turned to the Dark Side of the force is the most misogynistic notions that I’ve ever seen enacted on a movie screen. It’s beyond demeaning to women and it falls into a realm that’s so incredibly wrong that words fail me. I also agree that Anakin and Padmé’s “romance” was artificial and stiff, and I attribute that to both the bad writing and the complete lack of chemistry between Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman, who normally is an excellent actress, but I feel that Hayden’s sub-par acting and the lack of good writing and directing brought her down to his level.
Very true.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

TFTNT
Old 10-12-2014, 01:10 PM
Absolute Fan

It is a shame that the character of Padme was not written more realistically, especially in how she knew Anakin had already proven he was a killer with no control in Ep. II. By Ep. III she was still in denial about "her Ani." Sge could have stopped some of what went down had she not been quite so blinded by love. For this reason, I much prefer her character in the first episode. At least there she was a credit to the female fans IMHO.
Old 10-12-2014, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree. I was like "really, girl?" when Obi-Wan told her and she was all "I don't believe you" Pay attention, Padme!
Old 10-13-2014, 07:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

George made her so dumb in ROTS.
Old 10-13-2014, 05:33 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap'n cook (View Post)
I agree. I was like "really, girl?" when Obi-Wan told her and she was all "I don't believe you" Pay attention, Padme!
I know right? But really, I did love the Padme character in concept, she was beautiful and tough at least some of the time. Believable as the future mother of Luke & Leia.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes she's great in concept I agree
Old 10-14-2014, 11:22 AM
Absolute Fan

And Natalie was so great to sign up for three films based on the script for Ep. I. She was so young starting out, wasn't she?
Old 10-14-2014, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

My math sucks but I think she was like 17 when she was first cast as Padme.
Old 10-14-2014, 02:19 PM
Absolute Fan

That could be, I thought she was younger maybe I'm just confusing the actress with the character in Ep. I.
Old 10-15-2014, 04:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Maybe 16. She definitely started her acting career young on The Professional. I love that movie.
Old 10-15-2014, 06:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's a great film. She was really good in it.