Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2015, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Which have you seen?
Old 06-24-2015, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

I've only seen the first two fully, then part of Return.
Old 06-24-2015, 05:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

I advise finishing Reurn of the Jedi. Nobody needs to see the prequel films.
Old 06-24-2015, 05:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

It was a long time ago. I've never been a fan of prequels.

So…I want to see The Force Awakens. Do you think I need to watch/rewatch the other movies before I see it?
Old 06-24-2015, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Definitely. At least the original trilogy.
Old 06-24-2015, 07:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Back then, E.T. was more my speed. I was still phoning home when RoTJ came out.

I'll try to watch them before December.
Old 06-25-2015, 01:35 AM
Elite Fan

Well besides Star Wars the other movies I loved watching as a kid which is funny because I was born in 94, but for some reason I just loved watching these movies which was Back to the Future and Indiana Jones, I didn't know what it was but I just really loved Han Solo. I had Luke, Leia, Chewie, R2/C-3PO, Vader, some I still got even till this day, but I was like still not giving up on finding Han which was hard finally I found him I was excided mission complete, guess which Star Wars action figure went MIA out of them that went MIA it was Han Solo even to this day I don't how he went MIA. I'm planning on getting another one day, I just love Han/Falcon and Luke of course I got Luke action figures, Lego Luke, a watch with Luke on it, a puzzle with Luke on it besides Han Luke is my favorite.
Old 06-25-2015, 05:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love that you collected some action figures. Do you still have them?

I'm a collector, but not of SW stuff. I'm a total geek when it comes to collectibles.
Old 06-25-2015, 07:09 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
I love that you collected some action figures. Do you still have them?

I'm a collector, but not of SW stuff. I'm a total geek when it comes to collectibles.
Some like I still got this R2 I had ever since I was like 4/5 its one of my oldest Star Wars figures I had, I got it sitting on my shelf right beside C-3PO of course he's missing a arm I had a habit of taping him to Chewie with his head on backwards and I don't how many times I tried to freeze Han in the freezer, I also still got Chewie he's on the shelf too. I don't how many Luke's I went threw but I got one sitting on the shelf right beside Leia I found her at a thrift store, still got Yoda but losing Han was tough. Star Wars isn't the only thing I got on my shelf I got stuff from Disney, DC, Marvel, Power Rangers, Transformers, TMNT, one of the things I still got ever since I was little is my pull string talking Woody, it went threw a fire and survived if I have any kids I like to give it to them I found out its was one of the ones made in 95 and it still talks of course I had to replace the batteries. I grew up with Toy Story I love Woody.
Old 06-25-2015, 07:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
I was born in 94
That's causing me a shock dislocation. I remember '94 like it was just yesterday. That was the year the X-Books had the Phalanx crossover, followed by the start of Generation-X, and the mini-series about Cable's childhood came out (the Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix).

Last edited by sum1; 06-25-2015 at 07:41 AM
Old 06-25-2015, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

My son is your age, dragonfire
Old 06-26-2015, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

*feels old*
Old 06-27-2015, 01:32 AM
Elite Fan

Just wanted to share this on SW.com they had a top ten Jedi countdown Luke got number one
Quote:
Luke Skywalker is not perfect. He has his father’s anger. He makes mistakes. He’s loyal to a fault. It’s his ability to overcome all this, learn from the past, and strike a balance between duty and individuality that makes him the greatest Jedi. When we see the Jedi in the prequels, one of their core tenets is to let go of attachments. But did they push it too far? Dave Filoni told StarWars.com, “Is Anakin’s way of being so compassionate wrong? Because on a certain level, you have to accept that the Jedi lose the Clone War. So there is something that they’re doing that’s wrong. There’s something they’re doing that doesn’t work and that the dark side is exploiting.” And it is Luke Skywalker who figures it out. He is strong with the Force and a hero of the Rebellion, showcasing his power in amazing ways — see his decimation of Jabba’s crew over the Sarlacc pit. But he is the only Jedi who brings true compassion back to the Order, and that’s how he defeats the Emperor where even Yoda failed. Yoda and Obi-Wan both tell Luke that he has to kill his father, which is something he does not want to do. In Return of the Jedi, Luke’s hate takes over, and he finds himself ready to deliver a final strike to Darth Vader, with the Emperor goading him on. Then, he pauses. (It’s a key moment, often overlooked, that recalls a significant lesson he learned from Yoda: “How will I know the good side from the bad?” he asked Yoda in The Empire Strikes Back. “You will know when you are calm. At peace,” his Master said.) With that, Luke throws his weapon away. That act confounds the Emperor — he needs people to fight, to use their aggressive feelings — and choosing love over hate is, ultimately, the only way to beat him. Luke’s compassion awakens the good in his father, and that good is what restores freedom to the galaxy. Not a blaster, not a proton torpedo, and not a lightsaber. In the end, Luke obeys his mentors by going to confront Vader and the Emperor, but he does it his way. Luke is a true original.
Old 06-27-2015, 06:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

What a great paragraph Very well deserved #1 position
Old 06-27-2015, 08:01 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbis diablo (View Post)
What a great paragraph Very well deserved #1 position
Yep also I was having a debate on SHH I was saying since everyone thinks its Sharon it ruins it for me, because I would like to be surprise at who Steve ends up with someone said well to you if it isn't Steggy its nothing, I'm like did I say Steggy? long story short I said I got someone else in mind for Steve. They said before it was Steggy now you want CapWitch? I'm like you mean Scarlet America then yes! I ended it with if the Russo's has us believing Staron is endgame only to trick us this is what I would do
Spoiler:
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top