Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2019, 04:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

True words
Old 09-12-2019, 06:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrItAll (View Post)
You guys have to read with me to make it a book club
Maybe we can eventually
Old 09-19-2019, 11:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I haven't been able to focus enough to read lately. I read a book this week but it was only 130 pages long.
Old 09-21-2019, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

I went to a book sale my public library is having this weekend earlier today and found some treasures

Old 09-21-2019, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh nice
Old 09-28-2019, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Look at those treasures
Old 09-29-2019, 02:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 09-29-2019, 03:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

OOOO Those are some nice treasures! Good job! Happy reading.
Old 09-29-2019, 03:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 10-13-2019, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

At NYCC on Thursday I went to the panel Lucasfilm Publishing- Stories from a Galaxy Far, Far Away.

Quote:
New York Times bestselling author Matthew Reinhart and his frequent collaborator Kevin M. Wilson are joined by fellow authors Chelsea Monroe-Cassell and Marc Sumerc to discuss the creation of some of the most anticipated Star Wars books of 2019. Hear how Star Wars: The Ultimate Popup Galaxy, Secrets Of The Jedi and Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Cookbook were imagined and created.

They spoke a little bit about Triple Force Friday and the new books that are out. Justina Ireland spoke about the graphic novel she wrote Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Spark of the Resistance. The artwork they showed by Phil Noto is beautiful, but I have no interest in this era set between Episodes 8 and 9. Justina Ireland did talk about the story being set on a new planet called Minfar and how they wouldn't let her use Ewoks so she created murder rabbits.

I am super excited about the The Thrawn Ascendency Trilogy by Timothy Zahn. It's a prequel series, so we get to see the Chiss Ascendency starting May 2020!

They actually gave out book one Alphabet Squadron by Alexander Freed at the end of the panel. That was super cool. I have been wanting to read it.

Dark Legends is much George Mann's other book about Star Wars Myths and Legends, only darker. The first story turns the Grand Inquisitor into Nosferatu who steals special children.

What also peaked my interest is a new comic series, Darth Vader #1 by Greg Pak. It's coming out February 2020. The way Pak explained it was that at the end of The Empire Strikes Back Vader is shook because Luke rejected him. He is so shaken up that he forgets to kill Admiral Piett. After killing all the officers the whole movie he just lets Piett live. Then in RotJ Vader is more chill and doesn't kill anyone. His journey is defined by loss and grief: his mother, Padmé and now Luke. So this comic series takes place between TESB and RotJ. Vader wants to find the people who hid the truth about Padmé's death and who hid Luke from him. He digs back into his past, visiting the Lars home on Tatooine, and trying to push back the part of Anakin that is still there.

All of that sounds right up my alley! So I think I'll be reading this series.

Zoraida Córdova said she is writing a Ventress story for this anthology.

Zoraida also spoke about her new book that is out, A Crash of Fate. When she was writing it she had not gone to Galaxy's Edge yet and so she was sent emails with secret pass codes to unlock the PDFs with the photos of what they were building so that she could describe the setting of Batu. Delilah Dawson, who also wrote a story set on Batu, called herself and Zoraida "Batu historians." Zoraida then went to Galaxy's Edge Orlando in the summer when it was 92 degrees, but it is so amazing there. The attention to detail makes it feel like you are not in Disney World but on another planet.

I have no idea how to explain Project Luminous because not even they revealed what it is. Just that it is super secret. But Claudia Gray's name is there and I like her writing.

Other highlights:

- Katie Cook spoke about drawing cutesy-fied Star Wars creatures and the challenge of making the mean ones cute.
- This was funny. I forgot to write down his name, but the one who does the Star Wars pop-up books talked about how he makes his elaborate pop-up books into a play set and how the AT-ATs walk. That he cuts and folds then takes it apart and rebuilds it. That the books are not just simple pop-ups books but pop-up extravaganzas and he feels he could have made it bigger.
Old 10-13-2019, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh that you attended NYCC doesn’t surprise me
Old 10-13-2019, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Of course.

I'll have more news to share soon. Just got to write it up.
Old 10-22-2019, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Star Wars’ first chinese novel announced

Quote:
From The Hollywood Reporter:

"Disney and Lucasfilm are going back to basics to try to build an audience for the Star Wars franchise in China.

The House of Mouse — and Skywalker — has inked a first-of-its-kind distribution deal with Tencent's China Literature, the Middle Kingdom's largest e-books and online reading platform, to license and distribute 40 translated Star Wars novels for Chinese readers.

The partnership, which was unveiled in Shanghai on Wednesday, also will entail the two companies working together to develop and publish the world’s first authorized Star Wars online novel written by a Chinese author, according to a press release shared by Disney over the official Star Wars Weibo account.

The Chinese Star Wars saga will be written by one of China Literature's hottest in-house writers, an author who goes by the Chinese pen name "His Majesty the King." The young author became a sensation online in China thanks to two wildly popular Xianxia martial arts novels published by Tencent's Qidian reading platform.

Disney and Lucasfilm said the Chinese story is still in development, but that it will introduce a new Chinese hero and will "combine native Chinese elements and the narrative style of Chinese literature to tell the story of Star Wars."

It comes as little surprise that Disney is taking a new approach to cultivate a bigger Chinese audience for the Star Wars saga. Although one of the studio's most valuable pieces of IP on a worldwide basis, the Star Wars franchise has been a curious under-performer in the world's most populous nation. [...]

Accordingly to local reports, Disney initiated the talks that led to the China Literature deal. The studio's apparent strategy is to do more ground work to draw China's legions of online readers into the Star Wars fan base.

China Literature claims a remarkable 217.1 million monthly active users across its platforms, which include powerhouse services Qidian.com and QQ Reading. During a promotional period running until Oct. 22, all 40 of the licensed Star Wars novels are being made available to Chinese users to read for free. The trove of licensed titles includes a diverse mix of Star Wars books, including novelizations of the original trilogy, as well as many of the popular expanded universe books now known as "Star Wars Legends," such as Timothy Zahn's "Thrawn" trilogy.
Old 10-24-2019, 04:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh cool a Chinese published
Old 10-24-2019, 09:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

I probably won't be able to read a chinese SW book though
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top