Old 05-11-2019, 04:15 PM
never look away

Hope it's good
Old 05-12-2019, 09:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 05-17-2019, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
finally have it in my hands

will share my thoughts later
Can't wait!

Star Wars: Age of Republic writer talks about exploring the prequel-era characters

Quote:
From StarWars.com:

“Dooku’s lightsaber flashes then sparks as it strikes Yoda’s green blade. There’s another dazzling light display, however, as the blade in Dooku’s hand radiates a blinding…blue? Padawans eagerly crowd around heroic Masters Dooku and Yoda, eager to catch a glimpse of their dueling demonstration at the Jedi Temple.

This is a scene from Count Dooku’s rarely seen past that you’ll only find in the Star Wars: Age of Republic series written by Jody Houser, who is a master at revealing the histories of some of your favorite Star Wars characters in the pages of Marvel Comics.

This May, two collected editions of the prequel era comic series Age of Republichit comic book stores everywhere. Divided into one-shots starring heroes Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Padmé Amidala, and Qui-Gon Jinn, and villains Darth Maul, Count Dooku, Jango Fett, and General Grievous, writer Jody Houser gave each of these characters their own well-earned time in the spotlight in brand-new stories.

With her mind set firmly in the Republic era of Star Wars — the writer re-watched the prequels, most of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and read massive amounts of Marvel comics starring the characters in preparation — Houser began to tell the stories of those now iconic characters from their own certain points of view. From Qui-Gon Jinn questioning his path as a Jedi, to Anakin Skywalker struggling with the brutalities of war, to General Grievous facing his past in the depths of a Jedi temple, each issue left readers wanting to spend even more time with the characters as new insights about their own innermost thoughts and challenges were revealed.

“I think writing an Obi-Wan who was unsure of himself was probably the most surprising,” Houser reveals. “He’s the first Jedi Master we ever met, and it’s hard not to think of him as that wise old man leading us into a bigger world.”

Padmé Amidala is another Star Wars character in particular that she has strong feelings about. “I see her having watched the Republic she worked and fought her whole life for fall so easily, knowing that this was the galaxy she was bringing children into, as the actual heartbreak,” she reflects. “Anakin and everything he did was a symptom of the larger problem.”

Of course, the villains of Star Wars are just as compelling as the heroes. Count Dooku remains an enigmatic character — perhaps we’ll get to know him better in the audiobook Dooku: Jedi Lost from writer Cavan Scott — and his Age of Republic story is probably the most up close and personal fans of the prequels have been with the former Jedi thus far.

“I think the most fascinating thing about Dooku is how far into his fall he still held the Jedi’s trust,” Houser tells us. “Whether that implies a duality to him or a fatal flaw of the Jedi (or both) was what I really wanted to examine in his story.”

Thanks to her contributions to the galaxy far, far away with the Age of Republiccomics, she says, watching the prequel films again has been an entirely new experience. “I’ve watched Episode I and Episode II with friends since I wrote the issues, and I have to be careful not to say ‘I wrote them/that scene/explained that’ every five minutes.” [...]

All Age of Republic single issues are out now, and the collected editions Age of Republic – Heroes and Age of Republic – Villains will both be available this May."
Old 05-18-2019, 07:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for that, Steph!

Does anyone really want to know more about Dooku? I thought he was a very lame character.
a new hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't care for him, but I do want to listen to the story with him and Ventress that is only an audiobook. From the clip I heard it seems like it more from Ventress's POV. She was narrating.
Old 05-22-2019, 07:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Ventress can make anything interesting I guess
a new hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

She is fascinating.
Old 05-29-2019, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 06-11-2019, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Alphabet Squadron
by Alexander Freed

Read an Exclusive Excerpt from Alphabet Squadron

Quote:
The first novel in a new trilogy starring veteran New Republic pilots!

On the verge of victory in a brutal war, five New Republic pilots transform from hunted to hunters in this epic Star Wars adventure. Set after Return of the Jedi, Alphabet Squadron follows a unique team, each flying a different class of starfighter as they struggle to end their war once and for all.

The Emperor is dead. His final weapon has been destroyed. The Imperial Army is in disarray. In the aftermath, Yrica Quell is just one of thousands of defectors from her former cause living in a deserters’ shantytown—until she is selected to join Alphabet Squadron.

Cobbled together from an eclectic assortment of pilots and starfighters, the five members of Alphabet are tasked by New Republic general Hera Syndulla herself. Like Yrica, each is a talented pilot struggling to find their place in a changing galaxy. Their mission: to track down and destroy the mysterious Shadow Wing, a lethal force of TIE fighters exacting bloody, reckless vengeance in the twilight of their reign.

The newly formed unit embodies the heart and soul of the Rebellion: ragtag, resourceful, scrappy, and emboldened by their most audacious victory in decades. But going from underdog rebels to celebrated heroes isn’t as easy as it seems, and their inner demons threaten them as much as their enemies among the stars. The wayward warriors of Alphabet Squadron will have to learn to fly together if they want to protect the new era of peace they’ve fought so hard to achieve.

Part of a Marvel and Del Rey crossover event, Alphabet Squadron is the counterpart to Marvel’s TIE Fighter miniseries, which follows the exploits of Shadow Wing as they scheme to thwart the New Republic.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for that
Old 06-16-2019, 01:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Resistance Reborn by Rebecca Roanhorse

Quote:
In this “Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker” novel, Poe Dameron, General Leia Organa, Rey, and Finn must struggle to rebuild the Resistance after their defeat at the hands of the First Order in Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
Old 06-16-2019, 03:33 PM
never look away

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrItAll (View Post)
She is fascinating.
she truly is absolutely agree