Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2018, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yea she had an episode of Smallville bad episode but Tia told me to watch it cause of Carrie plus was when James Madster (Spike not Cyclops) was on the show back in Season 4?? Or 5

Anyways was able to get Princess of a Diarest can’t wait to probably download the audiobook and have Carrie read to me
Old 01-22-2018, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Can't wait for your review!
Old 01-23-2018, 01:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Spike is called James Marsters
Old 01-23-2018, 05:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

And Cyclops was James Marsden.
Old 01-23-2018, 05:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yea the spelling always gets me it’s too close
Old 01-23-2018, 05:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

You could start a petition for them to change it.
Old 01-23-2018, 05:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Haha no its alright
Old 01-23-2018, 07:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond insane (View Post)
Yea she had an episode of Smallville bad episode but Tia told me to watch it cause of Carrie plus was when James Madster (Spike not Cyclops) was on the show back in Season 4?? Or 5

Anyways was able to get Princess of a Diarest can’t wait to probably download the audiobook and have Carrie read to me
During the audio, her actual diary entries of that time were read by someone else. Wonder why… Hope you enjoy it. I’m thankful she let us in to that world a bit.

I was talking to a few of my coworkers today, and they mentioned how satisfying yet heartbreaking those Leia scenes were in TLJ. They were a great send off.
Old 01-24-2018, 01:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Very great sendoff indeed
Old 01-24-2018, 02:38 AM
Supreme Fan

I agree, it was great , which is why I find it so disrespectful to Carrie's work and legacy that some ´fans´ of the OT, thus Carrie's too, want to de-canonize TLJ

Icon Credit
Old 01-24-2018, 02:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yea it’s so
Old 01-24-2018, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxie (View Post)
I agree, it was great , which is why I find it so disrespectful to Carrie's work and legacy that some ´fans´ of the OT, thus Carrie's too, want to de-canonize TLJ
That's an offensive statement. It amounts to attacking your fellow fans, which is not allowed on FF.

And for me, it's hardly a question of DE-canonizing TLJ. I never saw it as having any chance to be canon in the first place. Because I respect Carrie I'll see the film -and only for that reason. But Star Wars has long gone out of the area of canon and once you've left canon behind you can't really go back. These films aren't made by Lucas and even he has proven no longer capable of making canon Star Wars. TFA and Rogue One showed where this new Star Wars is going and it's very much a Disney thing. Harrison Ford made Indiana Jones 4 with both the original Indy creators, Spielberg and Lucas, and it still isn't a proper Indy film. The era had passed. The era has passed for real Star Wars too. This is just imitation stuff, no matter how many of the original actors they use. Carrie's presence is appreciated, but even she cannot change the foundational facts of the film. Because I respect Carrie I'm going to go through the pain of seeing this film, but I'm not going to pretend it's something it isn't.

I modded this board for years and kept it alive for years before that. I think I'm entitled to have my opinion without it being insulted. Likewise, people who have been Star Wars fans for decades have earned the right to reject new stuff if they like without being insulted for it. The statement that we're disrespecting Carrie is downright mean and hurtful.

Last edited by sum1; 01-24-2018 at 11:05 PM
Old 01-24-2018, 09:26 PM
Master Fan

Sarah and Tar have been pretty cool about handling opinions that differ from theirs, but I have noticed loaded terms like "haters" have begun to creep into posts by at least one of the other posters... Hopefully, we can manage to respectfully disagree.
Old 01-24-2018, 09:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Alas, there's all too much of a tendency nowadays for people to refuse to tolerate hearing any opinions different from their own. That leads to opinions polarizing and before you know it somebody like Trump gets elected.

Last edited by sum1; 01-24-2018 at 10:56 PM
Old 01-25-2018, 01:24 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
That's an offensive statement. It amounts to attacking your fellow fans, which is not allowed on FF.

And for me, it's hardly a question of DE-canonizing TLJ. I never saw it as having any chance to be canon in the first place. Because I respect Carrie I'll see the film -and only for that reason. But Star Wars has long gone out of the area of canon and once you've left canon behind you can't really go back. These films aren't made by Lucas and even he has proven no longer capable of making canon Star Wars. TFA and Rogue One showed where this new Star Wars is going and it's very much a Disney thing. Harrison Ford made Indiana Jones 4 with both the original Indy creators, Spielberg and Lucas, and it still isn't a proper Indy film. The era had passed. The era has passed for real Star Wars too. This is just imitation stuff, no matter how many of the original actors they use. Carrie's presence is appreciated, but even she cannot change the foundational facts of the film. Because I respect Carrie I'm going to go through the pain of seeing this film, but I'm not going to pretend it's something it isn't.

I modded this board for years and kept it alive for years before that. I think I'm entitled to have my opinion without it being insulted. Likewise, people who have been Star Wars fans for decades have earned the right to reject new stuff if they like without being insulted for it. The statement that we're disrespecting Carrie is downright mean and hurtful.
I'm sorry if I offended you. Trust me, that's last thing I wanna do to people. I liked the movie and I consider it canon and I respect, if you didn't like it. But I was reacting to a petition do de-canonize the movies. Because officialy they are considered canon. I just find it a little sad that some people are trying to de-canonize Carrie's last big work officialy.

Icon Credit
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top