Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2016, 06:42 AM
Elite Fan

Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) #3: "I never thought of the character as an evil person"

Kylo Ren was the name assumed by a Force-sensitive human male who was a member of the Knights of Ren, and an ally of the First Order, approximately thirty years after the Battle of Endor.

fans
verbis diablo
shut_uo_ste
lisagslack14
sourburst
Out of the Woods
kabous
jung trooper
rpmaluki
Musickat18
save each other
toxicgurl169
LxieGrey
ring of fire
I'm so behind...
GardenSirens

previous threads:
Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) #2 - "I feel it again... the call from light."
Old 01-13-2016, 06:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
X-Men

THanks for starting.

John McCain, 1936-2018, RIP, opponent of Trump, saved Obamacare
Old 01-13-2016, 07:03 AM
Addicted Fan

New thread! Thanks!

Old 01-13-2016, 07:44 AM
Dedicated Fan

do you think that KR occasionally takes female Stromtroopers into his bedroom? I mean, he definitely has sex life ("you know I can take what I want") and male and female ST are raised together so they probably play together too. And some of those women probably fantasize about him anyway.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:14 AM
Elite Fan

You know, I never thought about it, to be honest. I suppose so. Unless he's ascribing to a more Jedi lifestyle than Sith.

Regarding social anxiety, it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with body image issues. It manifests in many different ways, but tends to be more about how a person views their likability than their body image. I'm not saying it never includes that, but, for example, people can have body image issues and not suffer from social anxiety. So Adam's role on Girls, and the fact that he's naked so much, might have nothing to do with anything, except that he can maybe compartmentalize his thoughts to be just about the character and not himself.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

Jedi lifestyle is probably the reason he went nuts and killed them all.

It's tough to compartmentalize when your crazy sex addict character shares your name.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:55 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlicious (View Post)
Jedi lifestyle is probably the reason he went nuts and killed them all.
It's really tough to say, since we don't know why he went bananas. But you may have a point.

Quote:
It's tough to compartmentalize when your crazy sex addict character shares your name.
True, that would make things difficult, but I still think that it's possible. I mean, I'm not an actor but I have a sort of "work persona" that I put on at work to get past my social anxiety. I have a fear of speaking with new people, and my job revolves around speaking with new people all day every day. So it's totally possible to still compartmentalize. We don't really know what sort of social anxiety he has, or how he deals or doesn't deal with it.

I do feel that he's opened up a bit more since last summer's interviews. I wonder if the popularity of the character, and the general praise of the movie, has made it a little easier on him/
Old 01-13-2016, 09:43 AM
Dedicated Fan

he got married so that gave him confidence or whatever. But he also said that before his wife got him in (fashion) shape, he was always in shorts so I guess TV Adam = real Adam.
Old 01-13-2016, 10:13 AM
Elite Fan

Adam said he wore some of his clothes on Girls but I think he is very different from his tv character. Adam seems to be very shy and mature. Adam Sackler on Girls is a trainwreck

Last edited by ring of fire; 01-13-2016 at 10:19 AM
Old 01-13-2016, 10:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

Like I said, shy + mature and starring on Girls doesn't compute. Especially the shy part.
Old 01-13-2016, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^didn't you read my explanation on how anxiety works ? It's not supposed to compute. It's like shock therapy. You really should do some research on that to understand him better, and I don't mean that in a condescending way at all, I mean it so you can get and it'll make you admire him ever more.
Old 01-13-2016, 01:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

He served in the Marines for 2 years, that's admiration right there. Plus his own Fight Club, boom. that's pretty badass biography.
Old 01-13-2016, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah he's so admirable and kick-ass
Old 01-13-2016, 02:52 PM
Elite Fan

Honestly he won my heart completely when I found out he was a former marine.
Old 01-13-2016, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlicious (View Post)
He served in the Marines for 2 years, that's admiration right there. Plus his own Fight Club, boom. that's pretty badass biography.
HIs own Fight Club? This is something I haven't heard before. Can you explain?

John McCain, 1936-2018, RIP, opponent of Trump, saved Obamacare
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top