Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2016, 02:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmaluki (View Post)
Nice.

After reading that post about how the characters developed, Kylo seems to have sprung largely from Han's death. Before then, he was simply a "faceless" Jedi killer. Kylo's fate may rest not in his own hands but how they want to treat Leia, going into the last stretch of the trilogy.
Believe me it or not ROTJ is my favorite SW movie I really like how the main focus was on Luke/Vader. As for Kylo/Leia I think it be anything but a happy ending for them. Edit have can there be a Solo baby If Rey is Luke's daughter then they cant.

Last edited by dragonfire; 01-02-2016 at 02:11 PM
Old 01-02-2016, 02:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Believe me it or not ROTJ is my favorite SW movie I really like how the main focus was on Luke/Vader. As for Kylo/Leia I think it be anything but a happy ending for them.
Main focus was great but they did nothing before hand to make Vader's redemption smooth. They did so much more with Kylo already (remorse over Han Slaying, trying to prevent Hosnian system destruction, he doesn't want to kill Rey).

I don't think Leia will feature much in the sequels. She was basically needed to send Han on a mission with no return. from now on, they'll focus on Luke because he's SW biggest deal anyway.
Old 01-02-2016, 02:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlicious (View Post)

I don't think Leia will feature much in the sequels. She was basically needed to send Han on a mission with no return. from now on, they'll focus on Luke because he's SW biggest deal anyway.
Hey now Leia's important just as Luke Hamill even said if Ford/Fisher didn't return he wouldn't return either.
Old 01-02-2016, 02:30 PM
Extreme Fan

Leia is most definitely important. She's still dealing with the politics of SW, an important element along with all the Jedi vs Sith battles going on. Kylo's redemption, if there is one, may be tied to his mother, his relationship with her. It was his anger at his parents that drove him into Snoke's hands but for most viewers, Han's death has soured them against Kylo. They wouldn't mind him fading away and to undo all of that bad blood, Leia may play a role in whatever happens to him but that seems more like a side plot. Snoke is the one that Rey needs to focus on, her and Luke (if they don't kill him).
Old 01-02-2016, 02:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

I love Leia. When her son went school shooter, Luke took off, Han took off, but she stayed to hold it together. That's strength. So I don't want her to lose her son or at least not without getting a grandchild to ease the pain. It's bad enough that "there's too much Vader in him" means in roundabout way that it's her fault. Because she passed the genes and the Force and everything onto him. I'd hate the idea that his bad genes will prevail instead of her good genes.

LOL, I'm wondering if David Fincher is eating the crow pie now:

Quote:
Gawker published a bunch of Sony’s leaked emails late Tuesday.

Among them is a brief, hilarious exchange between “Gone Girl” Director David Fincher and Sony Pictures Entertainment Co-Chairman Amy Pascal over a subscription email from TheWrap, a Hollywood trade publication.

Pascal forwarded an email with headlines about “Girls” actor Adam Driver, who is cast in “Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens,” and another about Fincher reportedly being out of the Steve Jobs movie that was originally supposed to film under Sony Pictures. The body of the email contained a simple “WTF.”

Fincher’s response is golden:

“Adam Driver is a terrible idea, I’m with you …”

Pascal wasn’t amused, replying in all caps, “I MEANT THE ONE ABOUT US BUTTING HEADS AND YOU NOT DIRECTING JOBS.”
http://www.businessinsider.com/david...-email-2014-12

I lapped up Sony Leak last year and - shame on me - agreed with Fincher. Until I saw the movie.
Old 01-02-2016, 02:48 PM
Extreme Fan

Personally, I would never think it's her "fault" that there's too much "Vader in him." Luke and Leia are both force sensitive, getting that from Vader, as their father and they didn't turn homicidal like Kylo. Ben was just susceptible to negative influence . Snoke took advantage of him, filling his head with ideas, delusions of grandeur. Kylo has less Vader in him than his mother, if genetics must be used as a measuring stick. If she blames herself for not doing enough while raising him, sure, many parents question themselves all the time when their children get out of line. If somehow Vader's bad genes got transferred to his grandchildren, then I expect the same of Rey, since I suspect she's Luke's daughter.
Old 01-02-2016, 03:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Well changing mind in the last minute is stupid. Redemption arc has to run before the last minute. Sorry but NOT a fan of Vader redemption at all. he was evil in 2 movies, no textures/layers/light side moments like Kylo, and then out of blue we get this:

Luke:"There's good in him I can feel it."

Leia:"Huh?"

Luke:"I can feel a conflict in you father"

Vader:"Huh?"

Luke:"Father, I know you don't want to kill me!"

Vader:"Banzai!" (hacks and slashes with clear intention to kill)

Emperor: "Lohd Vaydah, you ah fired!"

Vader tosses Emperor in the pit. The end.

NO. Just No. Ben deserves better.
I love Vader's redemption and I don't expect anything in the new fims to be as good.
The reason that we didn't get any sign of good in him before he turned was that the original conception of the Dark Side was as something that took you over thoroughly. It was only through Luke's efforts late in ROTJ, and Luke nearly dying, that Vader was shaken free from the Dark Side and was able to be his own man again.

Last edited by sum1; 01-02-2016 at 03:06 PM
Old 01-02-2016, 04:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
If somehow Vader's bad genes got transferred to his grandchildren, then I expect the same of Rey, since I suspect she's Luke's daughter.
Snoke wants Rey also it seems Snoke hates/fears Luke and if this is true then Pablo Hidalgo confirmed that the Knights of Ren aren’t attacking the Jedi Academy in Rey's vision but it seems they may be attacking a temple.
Old 01-02-2016, 04:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Personally, I would never think it's her "fault" that there's too much "Vader in him." Luke and Leia are both force sensitive, getting that from Vader, as their father and they didn't turn homicidal like Kylo. Ben was just susceptible to negative influence . Snoke took advantage of him, filling his head with ideas, delusions of grandeur. Kylo has less Vader in him than his mother, if genetics must be used as a measuring stick. If she blames herself for not doing enough while raising him, sure, many parents question themselves all the time when their children get out of line. If somehow Vader's bad genes got transferred to his grandchildren, then I expect the same of Rey, since I suspect she's Luke's daughter.
I don't think it's her fault but the remark is a rebuke, unconscious one though it may be but still a rebuke. That's my problem, with the comment, not with Leia.
Old 01-02-2016, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think it's necessarily a rebuke. That's just one way of interpreting it. It's not about Leia. It's about her father. If a grandson of Vader's goes dark, it's the obvious train of thought to think it's somethng to do with the Vader in him. That doesn't mean blaming the parent who's the child of Vader. And Leia doesn't seem to have ever identified with Vader as her father that much. In the OT we never saw her do that (unlike Luke) and in TFA she's still called Organa, rather than Skywalker. When Han blames the Vader in Kylo, she shows no inclination to defend Anakin. Just like she showed no sign of being offended by Han's so-called rebuke, because she knew it wasn't about her. Had she felt it was a rebuke she wouldn't have let it go. Leia doesn't take crap.

Last edited by sum1; 01-02-2016 at 05:12 PM
Old 01-02-2016, 05:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
I don't think it's necessarily a rebuke. That's just one way of interpreting it. It's not about Leia. It's about her father. If a grandson of Vader's goes dark, it's the obvious train of thought to think it's somethng to do with the Vader in him. That doesn't mean blaming the parent who's the child of Vader. And Leia doesn't seem to have ever identified with Vader as her father that much. In the OT we never saw her do that (unlike Luke) and in TFA she's still called Organa, rather than Skywalker. When Han blames the Vader in Kylo, she shows no inclination to defend Anakin. Just like she showed no sign of being offended by Han's so-called rebuke, because she knew it wasn't about her. Had she felt it was a rebuke she wouldn't have let it go. Leia doesn't take crap.
OK, that makes sense.

Huh, lots of confusion. Apparently, Kylo did kill another KoR in Rey's vision. Actor whose character gets killed is credited as KoR. So despite wearing different helmet, he's a KoR as we suspected. So I'm confused. Why would Kylo kill him unless he was saving Rey? And according to Hidalgo, massacre took place years after Rey's drop on Jakku. So he wasn't saving Rey but killed his buddy when buddy was attacking someone. Hidalfo tweet really messes up with everything. Chronology lined up so well until he torpedo'd it.
Old 01-02-2016, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
OK, that makes sense.
Old 01-02-2016, 05:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Snoke wants Rey also it seems Snoke hates/fears Luke and if this is true then Pablo Hidalgo confirmed that the Knights of Ren aren’t attacking the Jedi Academy in Rey's vision but it seems they may be attacking a temple.
Do we have an actual quote? Because right now it's all hear say, someone has heard one version or the other. I've read in other posts that he confirmed that Rey was dumped on Jakku years before the massacre. That massacre happened more recently than previously thought. Now it looks like there's another information that it wasn't massacre in the vision but temple? What temple? Please provide the link or actual quote.
Old 01-02-2016, 06:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Do we have an actual quote? Because right now it's all hear say, someone has heard one version or the other. I've read in other posts that he confirmed that Rey was dumped on Jakku years before the massacre. That massacre happened more recently than previously thought. Now it looks like there's another information that it wasn't massacre in the vision but temple? What temple? Please provide the link or actual quote.
I read it on Tumblr I just thought I would share it as for the massacre yes it is in Rey's vision but it seems they may not be attacking Luke's school but they may want Rey under Snoke's orders I know I keep hearing about a photo of Kylo killing one of the KOR to save Rey.
Old 01-02-2016, 06:29 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I read it on Tumblr I just thought I would share it as for the massacre yes it is in Rey's vision but it seems they may not be attacking Luke's school but they may want Rey under Snoke's orders I know I keep hearing about a photo of Kylo killing one of the KOR to save Rey.
Found it:

https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/sta...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
Closed Thread   Post New Thread