Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2016, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) #2 - "I feel it again... the call from light."

Kylo Ren was the name assumed by a Force-sensitive human male who was a member of the Knights of Ren, and an ally of the First Order, approximately thirty years after the Battle of Endor.

fans
verbis diablo
shut_uo_ste
lisagslack14
sourburst
Out of the Woods
kabous
jung trooper
rpmaluki
Musickat18
save each other
toxicgurl169
LxieGrey
ring of fire
previous threads:
http://www.fanforum.com/f99/kylo-ren...rted-63161996/

Last edited by sum1; 01-04-2016 at 10:09 AM
Old 01-02-2016, 08:52 AM
Dedicated Fan

So Rey, Reylo and Kylo get Thread #2. Dear Disney, do you still have any doubt what characters and relationship are driving TFA's insane boxoffice? This is what draws repeat business. Nostalgia opened the movie but Rey/Kylo/Reylo are major draws for repeat business. Fact. Not just here but everywhere.
Old 01-02-2016, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yep. Their popularity is undeniable. They need to listen to the fans, reviews, etc.
Old 01-02-2016, 09:04 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbis diablo (View Post)
Yep. Their popularity is undeniable. They need to listen to the fans, reviews, etc.
true story from my shipper past. I worked at the cinema in 2006-2007 when POTC movies came out. I can attest that Jack Sparrow and Elizabeth aka Sparrabeth banter and kiss and Pirate Norrington's tortured soul ruggedness were major boxoffice draws. Once women find something to obsess about, they become boxoffice force to be reconed with. They see the movie 20 times, bring lots of girlfriends with them, etc. So on daily basis, I could observe and get data for 3 months (that's how long the movie played in our cinema and that's really a long run by todays's standards of fast turnovers).

Anyway, AWE swept Sparrabeth under the rug as if they never were, and clean shaved Norrington and decked him back into wig and brocade and then killed him unceremonially. Boxoffice took a nose-dive in our huge theater and everywhere else.

So, yeah. Coincidently, POTC was made by Disney and so is TFA. Sparrabeth was shipper phenomenon. Female fans were in love with Pirate Norrington. Disney knew and did nothing about it.
Old 01-02-2016, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That's a fear I have, too. It was like that with Skate, too. They were more popular so they got an amazing love story written, but in the end it was pushed aside for the endgame the writers had planned from the beginning. I'd hate that to happen to Reylo.
Old 01-02-2016, 09:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
That's a fear I have, too. It was like that with Skate, too. They were more popular so they got an amazing love story written, but in the end it was pushed aside for the endgame the writers had planned from the beginning. I'd hate that to happen to Reylo.
OMG, Skate. I'll never stop mourning that one. Crap, when I got struck by Ship arrow during interrogation I thought "this is Skate 2.0". At least Skate happened though not as OTP. But I can't imagine a non-Reylo couple to be OTP. That's just impossible. Reylo is a classic OTP. they feel each other. They feel like in their own world. They have to overcome huge obstacles including that he is redeemable evil but currently definitely under evil influence. She can save him. Like, seriously. I haven't seen such OTP potential in a long time.

Wost thing about SKate and Sparrabeth is that fans were right and showrunner/film-makers were wrong. Nobody wa shappy in the end, not even the fans of the rival ships.
Old 01-02-2016, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah it was a mess all around, for everyone.

Anyway I just realized we're in the Kylo thread and not Reylo We should probably be less shippy.

omg look at this:

Adam Driver's Non-Profit Performs For The Troops (Excerpt from 'Arts in the Armed Forces')
Old 01-02-2016, 09:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

please add me
Old 01-02-2016, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Adding
Old 01-02-2016, 09:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Yeah it was a mess all around, for everyone.

Anyway I just realized we're in the Kylo thread and not Reylo We should probably be less shippy.

omg look at this:

Adam Driver's Non-Profit Performs For The Troops (Excerpt from 'Arts in the Armed Forces')
He was a Marine, right? HOT.

OK, Reylo is huge part why Kylo is appealing and vice versa so no wonder we got a little big ship-carried away.
Old 01-02-2016, 11:10 AM
Elite Fan

So what do you guys think will happen if Luke/Kylo meets again?
Old 01-02-2016, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlicious (View Post)

OK, Reylo is huge part why Kylo is appealing and vice versa so no wonder we got a little big ship-carried away.
As a mod, I agree with Tar. This isn't a shipper thread.
Old 01-02-2016, 11:45 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
So what do you guys think will happen if Luke/Kylo meets again?
Oy! I think that's Kylo's next challenge. Snoke will definitely want him to kill Luke. Either way, it's going to be hreatbreaking, I think. It's a family thing. Plus Luke will find out that Kylo killed Han. Which means beyond Luke's help (but not Rey's). Damn, Kylo really has it stacked against him.

I'm just scared that they won't let him redeem himself, even though they seem to run his redemptive arc parallel with his villainous one. They show us both light and dark moments. I love him so much, I want him to turn out OK.

BTW, what do you guys think his battle scar will look like? How sexy or gross they'll make it?
Old 01-02-2016, 11:56 AM
Extreme Fan

If he's horribly disfigured, he could wear that mask permanently, getting him closer to being like his idol/grandpa.

Last edited by rpmaluki; 01-02-2016 at 12:31 PM
Old 01-02-2016, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think Kylo might end up killing Luke.