Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2016, 01:21 AM
Dedicated Fan

He's even better view of his "She's the one face" when Rey picks up the lightsaber. So much awe and love awakens?

http://40.media.tumblr.com/cba474d43...sk2o1_1280.jpg

other things that I've noticed:

KR's facial expression aka "what have I done?"

is the same Leia has when she felt that Han was dead. It's just that the movie lingers on her reaction longer. But the first facial expression, trembling lips, eyes widening are the same. Very moving that mother and son resemble each other so much at that moment.

KR doesn't block Chewie's blast because he was absent-minded staring down the pit and appeared to not hear Chewie's cry and commotion. When he receives the blast you cna see on his face "what's going on?" like he's getting back to reality. So even though the movie is very subtle about that Han slaying shook him to the core it's there.

When explosions start and KR looks up, his facial expression when he sees Rey at the top is:

Does he mouths "No"? he looks kind of sad?

But when he sees Finn, and they made sure Finn is zoomed a moment before KR's expression changes, it's pure rage.

And then, we get this:

he appears sweaty and disheveled to Rey and Finn, says the line, Rey is disgusted, says "You are a monster!"

His reaction:

Yeah, monster remark stung him badly. I don't quite think that he was beating on his wound just to numb the pain. There are always several psychological things going on with KR all the time.

Anyway, he never charged first. Rey fired first. Finn charged him first., Rey charged him first. For whatever reason, KR was stalling, didn't attack when he could, when Finn had his back on him while tending to Rey, for example.

Last edited by katlicious; 02-01-2016 at 06:39 AM
Old 02-01-2016, 03:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Tftnt
Old 02-01-2016, 06:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

Random Musings — in-the-land-of-gods-and-monsters: Don’t be afraid,...

Quote:
I only noticed this while making the gif set and had to go back and watch again but in the third gif, where Kylo is telling Rey that ‘You imagine an ocean…’ He looks away, a slight smile forming on his lips and he looks at her with…admiration(?) almost. Or perhaps wry amusement.
I don’t know, I’m probably reading to much into it but I thought it was worth mentioning.
He seems to be looking at her with awe. There is a touch of wry amusement there, too.
he's so ridiculously smitten with her.

More Rey and Kylo music theme goodness. Reylo community really went full force to de-code this one:

http://kylo-rey-all-day-erry-day.tum...hy-theyre-more

Last edited by katlicious; 02-01-2016 at 08:30 AM
Old 02-01-2016, 10:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

I've been wondering what Kylo meant by "Han Solo can't save you". Was there a time when Han could? I mean in a physical confrontation Ben will always defeat Han, so why does he say that? Is it a reference to Kylo's misguided notion that with Han out the way, he (Kylo) will have nothing holding him back? I don't understand why he ran out into the snow, wounded and with minutes to get off the planet, to unnecessarily confront those two. Was it a death wish, a desire to turn Rey? (frankly - he would be better off if she died as far as Snoke is concerned, why bother cultivating a rival), did he just want his damn light saber. Or did he want to feel invincibly dark with Han out the way. We all agree that Kylo did not want to kill Rey , or Finn for that matter. But seriously, if this was not a movie, best thing Kylo could have done was destroy the Falcon - cut off their escape route.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:49 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominoanonimo (View Post)
I've been wondering what Kylo meant by "Han Solo can't save you". Was there a time when Han could? I mean in a physical confrontation Ben will always defeat Han, so why does he say that? Is it a reference to Kylo's misguided notion that with Han out the way, he (Kylo) will have nothing holding him back? I don't understand why he ran out into the snow, wounded and with minutes to get off the planet, to unnecessarily confront those two. Was it a death wish, a desire to turn Rey? (frankly - he would be better off if she died as far as Snoke is concerned, why bother cultivating a rival), did he just want his damn light saber. Or did he want to feel invincibly dark with Han out the way. We all agree that Kylo did not want to kill Rey , or Finn for that matter. But seriously, if this was not a movie, best thing Kylo could have done was destroy the Falcon - cut off their escape route.
Personally, I think he was rambling because he was aware that killing Han totally broke him, so it was like trying to convince himself that he was strong when he was so weak. hence beating that wound to get more pain out of it cause pain leads to anger anger to dark Side, etc. He wanted to appear triumphant but that fell flat on its face. I mean, when he yells TRAITOR just moments later, it has nothing to do with Finn's treason, it has everything to do with Kylo's.

Also, there has to be death wish on his part cause bowcaster does serious damage and yet he didn't get medical help but ran off to pick a fight that could bleed him to death. And "I can show you the ways of the Force" = not gonna turn you to the Dark Side.

I think that acting conveyed lots of it sufficiently but I do wish they left some stuff less ambiguous.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlicious (View Post)
Personally, I think he was rambling because he was aware that killing Han totally broke him, so it was like trying to convince himself that he was strong when he was so weak. hence beating that wound to get more pain out of it cause pain leads to anger anger to dark Side, etc. He wanted to appear triumphant but that fell flat on its face. I mean, when he yells TRAITOR just moments later, it has nothing to do with Finn's treason, it has everything to do with Kylo's.

Also, there has to be death wish on his part cause bowcaster does serious damage and yet he didn't get medical help but ran off to pick a fight that could bleed him to death. And "I can show you the ways of the Force" = not gonna turn you to the Dark Side.

I think that acting conveyed lots of it sufficiently but I do wish they left some stuff less ambiguous.
So Kylo was basically a hot mess. One would think that he would have some measure of self preservation though? BTW - that is another sign that he is not a psychopath - they apparently place self preservation very high on their list of priorities.
Does anyone else think it is not a coincidence that his two names are so similar KYLO/SOLO and REN/BEN. I tried playing with the letters -anagrams and word searches and what not. Only coherent thing that came out of that is that the word "lonely" is contained in his names.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:19 AM
Dedicated Fan

KYLO = sKYwalker soLO

Ren is the name of Knights of Ren so he didn't choose it. It just happens to be similar to Ben.

kYlo REn also contains letters that make REY.

Good catch on psychopaths and self-preservation. KR has ZERO sense of self-preservation. And not just this fight. dropping the droid for the girl is lack of it. Self-preservation = covering one's ass at all times. KR doesn't do any of it.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
KYLO = sKYwalker soLO

Ren is the name of Knights of Ren so he didn't choose it. It just happens to be similar to Ben.

kYlo REn also contains letters that make REY.

Good catch on psychopaths and self-preservation. KR has ZERO sense of self-preservation. And not just this fight. dropping the droid for the girl is lack of it. Self-preservation = covering one's ass at all times. KR doesn't do any of it.
LOL. You have just made me realize that I, and everyone I work with, are psychos. As covering ass is a way of life in my place of work.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:57 AM
Dedicated Fan

Since KR was originally called the Jedi Killer and I think some TFA companion book calls him that, I'm wondering why we never heard the nickname in the movies. Too kid-unfriendly? or does he feel about it like Jaimie Lannister feels about King Slayer nickname (though they don't know that he actually saved numerous lives when he slew the Mad King)? mayeb Luke calls him that in VIII?
Old 02-01-2016, 12:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Since KR was originally called the Jedi Killer and I think some TFA companion book calls him that, I'm wondering why we never heard the nickname in the movies. Too kid-unfriendly? or does he feel about it like Jaimie Lannister feels about King Slayer nickname (though they don't know that he actually saved numerous lives when he slew the Mad King)? mayeb Luke calls him that in VIII?
Well - do we know for sure that he killed those Jedi? Did Han not say "destroyed"? Some people have theorized that the Padawans became the KOR. Jedi Killer is a cool nickame though. Sorry folks - but I am not sentimental about the Jedi. Not since becoming an adult and trying to reconcile their weird philosophy.
Old 02-01-2016, 12:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm not sentimental either cause I see their philosophy as blatant child abuse. Separating young children from their parents = abuse. Forbidding attachment = abuse. Repressing emotions = abuse. Yeah.

BTW, SW did a Princess and a Scoundrel romance and a Slave and a Queen romance but never a Prince and a ????? It has always been women who were royalties and men were of lower social status. And now we have a Prince ( his mom's a royalty so is he) and a Scavenger. C'mon, Disney. Reylo writes itself.
Old 02-01-2016, 01:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I'm not sentimental either cause I see their philosophy as blatant child abuse. Separating young children from their parents = abuse. Forbidding attachment = abuse. Repressing emotions = abuse. Yeah.

BTW, SW did a Princess and a Scoundrel romance and a Slave and a Queen romance but never a Prince and a ????? It has always been women who were royalties and men were of lower social status. And now we have a Prince ( his mom's a royalty so is he) and a Scavenger. C'mon, Disney. Reylo writes itself.
Prince Ben of Alderaan. Is Bail Antilles/ Organa still alive do we know? I don't see why the thousands of Alderaanians that were no doubt scattered around the galaxy when Alderaan was blown up could not be given an uninhabited planet as a homeland to rebuild their people. And when Leia dies, Ben becomes king.
I said before, I want peace talks!! And I want Leia to tell Ben that he must give up his place in the succession of Alderaan because the people would never accept him. And then he must say, hell no!! I want my stuff - Alderaan, the Falcon and Grandpa's light saber.
I do see Ben as royalty - there is something princely about him.
Old 02-01-2016, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Harrison has a son named Ben which I find funny

To touch on the Han comment he made to Rey, I think he was rambling, too. I mean, I think part of it meant that he was trying to convince himself that killing Han now made him stronger, but he was so out of it, having such impulsive reactions, I don't think he was thinking his words through much.
Old 02-01-2016, 02:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

he was totally Prince-ly when he took off the mask which I think was exactly what they aimed for. Rey runs into the woods, meets the Prince. They really played fairy tale tropes with those two to the max. Magic sword/lightsaber, dark Prince, woods, fairy godmother, awakening (like Snowhite and Sleeping Beauty). We just need the kiss.

this is a great write-up about glamorizing KR. yeha, totally Prince-ly:

Casting and filming choices and reylo - Kylo Rey All Day Erry Day
Old 02-02-2016, 02:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out after I get home from work