Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2016, 04:41 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbis diablo (View Post)
That drawing is amazing

I disagree with 99% of this but I think her point is that it's sad that we'll never get to see them as father and son being happy together which is sad.
But we can see his son and grandchildren happy! C'mon, there's no other way to tribute Han but continue his lineage through Ben. That's just the only way, really. He lives through his descendants. Also, Ben takes life but also creates life, so it balances it out somewhat.

Though we are likelier to get something like this:

That totally broke my heart.

Question: was slashing KR's face really necessary? At that point, she extinguished his lightsaber, so he was unarmed, and he could barely stand on his feet due to blood loss. So I'd say that face-cutting was big time Dark Side showing, defo revenge for Han and Finn and tons of anger. She even circled around him like he circled around Finn and around her when they first met, heavy breathing, gnashed teeth. Not a defense necessity. Which bodes well for Reylo cause they are becoming more alike and it could also tie in with Force bond, that she acted like that because she's picking it up from him. Yeah, when you compare KR fight with Finn and Rey fight with KR after getting Force shot, they acted the same, showed sadistic pleasure in inflicting pain. That leads me to believe that Rey is totally learning from him through the Bond. KR said "completely untrained but strong with the Force." That right there means Rey did not train as a Jedi. No mind wipe. KR would know.

Last edited by katlicious; 01-18-2016 at 05:15 AM
Old 01-18-2016, 06:30 AM
Master Fan

^^that art is beautiful but totally depressing I do not want to see that happen.

KingofCrown if she's only a love interest for Finn, don't expect her to have a big role anyway. So, it's working either way.

"์•„ ์•„๊นŒ๋Š” ๋ชป ๋ฐ›์•„์„œ ๋ฏธ์•ˆํ•ด
์นœ๊ตฌ๋ฅผ ๋งŒ๋‚˜๋Š๋ผ
shy shy shy

Last edited by Maud&Danny; 01-18-2016 at 06:38 AM
Old 01-18-2016, 06:44 AM
Dedicated Fan

I have a bad feeling that we are going to see one sided version of that art work. She assist him in killing himself or mercy kills him or something along those lines. Probably mirroring Han/KR. That ground opening between them spelled epic tragedy.
Old 01-18-2016, 07:13 AM
Master Fan

^^Or he won't die. I mean come on, why do they have to all freaking die? It's not needed!

"์•„ ์•„๊นŒ๋Š” ๋ชป ๋ฐ›์•„์„œ ๋ฏธ์•ˆํ•ด
์นœ๊ตฌ๋ฅผ ๋งŒ๋‚˜๋Š๋ผ
shy shy shy
Old 01-18-2016, 07:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

Of course it's not needed, especially since the father died. It would be unnecessarily tragic. And pointless. he made a grave mistake so let him learn from it and some good come out of it. Simple "you must die cause you killed Han" is unsatisfactory to anyone but few who refuse to see what a complex character he is. His remorse is hreatbreaking and is etched in every moment during the duel.
Old 01-18-2016, 07:19 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbis diablo (View Post)
That's what makes me a bit more hopeful about Reylo. There's no way they're not seeing the popularity of the ship. It could influence their "endgame" ship (if they have romance in mind, that is) and make them switch some things around to make Reylo be together.

Eh...I dunno how much they'll listen to the fans on this one. However I'm almost certain that they do intend for some form of Reylo along the line if Episode 7's scenes are foreshadowing anything.
Old 01-18-2016, 07:56 AM
Dedicated Fan

They never listen to fans about endgame. However, they do like to throw them a bone. For example, all those glaringly obvious homoerotic overtones in Marvel movies. They are ship baiting. None of them will become an endgame but fans lap up those small or not so small moments. Like, Civil War trailer is totally ridiculous with Stucky slash. They won't become a couple but Stucky moments will drive the boxoffice.

Therefore, Reylo moments are guaranteed. As are Stormpilot and Reyfinn.

OK, figured out what "I will finish what you started" means.

Quote:
Shmi's death had a profound effect on influencing her son Anakin Skywalker's journey to the dark side. Prior to his mother's burial, Skywalker told Senator Amidala that he regretted not being strong enough to save his mother. He also vowed that he would one day become so powerful that he could learn to stop people from dying
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shmi_Skywalker_Lars

All Skywalker clan troubles can be traced to the matriarch Shmi. But anyway, obsession with preventing death was big deal in Anakin's fall. it wasn't pronounced in OT where we didn't know his motivations, but TP gave away his real ambition and goal.

Last edited by katlicious; 01-18-2016 at 08:40 AM
Old 01-18-2016, 09:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlicious (View Post)
Add scar across his face and you get the picture of the future.

C'mon, it isn't like all Han's kills were PC. he shot first, right? Until Lucas PC'd him. But anyway, point is, he was a self-serving criminal, so definitely not all 100% clean. he must've had skeletons in the closet and demons too. Also, lets not forget that he had no problem courting Leia even though Luke was interested. That's pretty dick move. I mean, he didn't care about Leia in ANH but about money. Luke cared from the get go. So Han technically came into Leia game after Luke. Could have stepped aside and had Leia explain to her brother that they wouldn't happen. It's ROTJ where he offered to step aside because his character was neutered and Leia and Luke were revealed as brother and sister so no harm. ROTJ PC'd him first than came Lucas meddling with all 3 movies.
Han shooting first was self-defense. Greedo would have killed him otherwise. As for Han being a criminal, yeah, under a tyrannical evil empire. I don't think it was "a dick move" for him to court Leia when he knew Luke was interested in her. Already in ANH, he made it clear to Luke that he was interested in Leia. It's not like she was engaged to Luke. And yes at first he cared about the money not the Rebellion, but he came back to risk his life for the Rebellion at the end of ANH. Luke "caring" about Leia from the beginning was just about him being obsessed with a pretty face he saw in a hologram. I don't think Han was "neutered" in ROTJ, he just became a bit nicer, after everybody had risked their lives to save him. It was a natural progression from his choosing to risk himself for the Rebillion against the Death Star at the end of ANH.

Lucas's first revision of the Original Trilogy wasn't released until 14 years after ROTJ came out (1983 and 1997).

Last edited by sum1; 01-18-2016 at 10:21 AM
Old 01-18-2016, 10:56 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Everyone who says he doesn't look like his parents should see this picture. he totally oozes Hanness. Dying is such terrible cliche. he killed his father who forgave him, is remorseful, killing him off wouldn't bring his dad back nor avenge him for Han didn't want revenge, he wants Ben to be happy. What better way to symbolically revive Han but follow in his footsteps, reject power trip, embrace non-Force legacy, extend Solo line. Seriously, killing him off is the worst thing they can do to Han's legacy.

Didn't Lor San Tekka (sp?) say "you can't deny the truth that is your family"? Skywalkers aren't his only family, it doesn't have to be the Skywalker way. Also, Rey is attached to Falcon too. We have a perfect match.

Time for union of bloodlines!
Cliches are not that bad, but it would be too close to Vader. I think they want to build someone who reminds us of him, but not entirely like him.

Of course Han would want for him to be happy and be back to the Light. It's possible, but I doubt at this moment, but who knows he'll might get a happy ending or solid one. But one thing is sure. If Rey and Kylo ever be a couple. It will end in the tone of bitterswet ending. Not kids or anything like that. I get the vibe from them as doomed romance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
^^that art is beautiful but totally depressing I do not want to see that happen.

KingofCrown if she's only a love interest for Finn, don't expect her to have a big role anyway. So, it's working either way.
It could work, but I would rather for a good character with a purpose and not only to serve as Finn's love interest. This role was supposed to be big and it looks now as smaller role.

Last edited by KingCrow; 01-18-2016 at 12:02 PM
Old 01-18-2016, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's a beautiful art.

Quote:
But we can see his son and grandchildren happy! C'mon, there's no other way to tribute Han but continue his lineage through Ben. That's just the only way, really. He lives through his descendants. Also, Ben takes life but also creates life, so it balances it out somewhat.
Yeah but you can understand us Han fans being upset that he won't get to experience that, can't you? Like sum said, which I agree with 100%, he had a beautiful natural progression and evolution so it is depressing that we have to see it end like that. But I do think that now that it's done, they can honor his name, the fame of the character, and all that this iconic scoundrel represented through a happy next generation

Quote:
That leads me to believe that Rey is totally learning from him through the Bond. KR said "completely untrained but strong with the Force." That right there means Rey did not train as a Jedi. No mind wipe. KR would know.
Yeah she picked up things way too fast and I think your bond theory makes a lot of sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCrow
Of course Han would want for him to be happy and be back to the Light. It's possible, but I doubt at this moment, but who knows he'll might get a happy ending or solid one. But one thing is sure. If Rey and Kylo ever be a couple. It will end in the tone of bitterswet ending. Not kids or anything like that. I get the vibe from them as doomed romance.
They do give off a doomed vibe, unfortunately And I really hope we're wrong. I need my happy ending. As happy as it can be anyway, after all the angst we witnessed on TFA. I'm tired of shipping couples that don't work out It's so frustrating.
Old 01-18-2016, 01:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Han shooting first was self-defense. Greedo would have killed him otherwise. As for Han being a criminal, yeah, under a tyrannical evil empire. I don't think it was "a dick move" for him to court Leia when he knew Luke was interested in her. Already in ANH, he made it clear to Luke that he was interested in Leia. It's not like she was engaged to Luke. And yes at first he cared about the money not the Rebellion, but he came back to risk his life for the Rebellion at the end of ANH. Luke "caring" about Leia from the beginning was just about him being obsessed with a pretty face he saw in a hologram. I don't think Han was "neutered" in ROTJ, he just became a bit nicer, after everybody had risked their lives to save him. It was a natural progression from his choosing to risk himself for the Rebillion against the Death Star at the end of ANH.

Lucas's first revision of the Original Trilogy wasn't released until 14 years after ROTJ came out (1983 and 1997).
Yes.
Old 01-18-2016, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

hello Dark Side, my old friend โ€ข You must know darkness in order to appreciate the...
Old 01-18-2016, 02:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

Can someone upload the image of Kylo doing the Han smirk during the interrogation. I don't know how to do such a complicated thing. Can barely work my phone. But it is so cool to see that bit of Han in him. I wonder if Adam did it intentionally or if he was just channeling. Come to think of it...I wonder if Kylo knows that he Han-smirks.
Old 01-18-2016, 02:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

Tragic relationships are nothing new in Skywalker family since they are 50 shades ****ed up for real.

Lets start with the matriarch Shmi. She was a slave and otherwise an unremarkable woman who overindulged her very special son. He was conceived by the Force itself when Darth Plagueis manipulated the Force to create life. This was never stated outright, that Anakin was that life, but it was too heavily implied to miss. Space Jesus.

Anyway, in good old tradition that all Skywalkers will pick up eventually, she dropped her son to the passing-by Jedi thinking she was doing him a great service. Galaxy far far away disagrees. She was later emancipated, married, abducted and tortured to death.

Anakin grew up to make his mother proud. He furiously avenged her death by slaughtering men, women, children and animals of the tribe that abducted Shmi. Then he went school shooter on all Jedi in the Jedi Temple including Younglings. Then he Force choked his wife to death. Then he forgot about his kids who were dropped - one on Tatooine to his uncle by marriage and another to Alderaan where she was adopted by the royal family. He also tortured his daughter (not clear if he knew she was his daughter), carbonized her boyfriend and cut his son's hand (he knew it was his son).

Leia claims she always knew Luke was her brother but that didn't stop her from latently incestuous acting towards him such as flirting and tongue kissing. In good ol' Skywalker tradition, she dropped her son to his uncle for re-programming which had grave consequences as her husband got killed by their son as a result. Plus marriage was on the rocks presumably before all that.

Luke cut his dad's arm. There's serious suspicion that he dropped his kid on Jakku.

Ben went school shooter on his classmates, killed his father.

yeah, Skywalkers are big soap opera family. patricide,mass murder, dismemberment, incestuous tendencies, torture, crappy parenting, bad marriages. They have it all.
Old 01-18-2016, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^Not sure what your point is there That you hope Rey isn't a Skywalker so that history doesn't repeat itself?