Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2017, 07:04 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by a new hope (View Post)
I honestly have no idea, I think it's the same scene, just cut very short so it could be giving us the wrong impression, however we've had theories or Kylo taking Rey in since TFA came out, so it's not something out of the blue. He did offer to teach her while they were fighting in TFA.
Yeah totally It doesn't feel out of the blue to me either. I think Rey will definitely be hesitating between the Light and the Dark side in the next movie

Thanks for the tweet

KyloRey
#FrankensteinMonsters, #FranessaObsessed, #NemilyForever
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Old 10-13-2017, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Lucifer
Star Wars

I think both will probably hesitate a lot, Kylo towards the light and Rey towards the dark
Old 10-13-2017, 11:34 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaSparrow (View Post)
Yeah totally It doesn't feel out of the blue to me either. I think Rey will definitely be hesitating between the Light and the Dark side in the next movie

Thanks for the tweet
I don't think it would be out of the blue either...I guess I'm just skeptical because it seems like such a huge thing and they never give away huge things in the trailer. I won't be surprised if she does end up going with Kylo by the end of the movie, but I'm just not sure the scene is exactly as they're making it look. What I am sure about is that they're trying to show that Reylo shippers aren't as wacked out as the antis would have you believe.

(Having said that I still don't think it'll be a 2 way romance at least at this point.)
Old 10-13-2017, 12:22 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
I don't think it would be out of the blue either...I guess I'm just skeptical because it seems like such a huge thing and they never give away huge things in the trailer. I won't be surprised if she does end up going with Kylo by the end of the movie, but I'm just not sure the scene is exactly as they're making it look. What I am sure about is that they're trying to show that Reylo shippers aren't as wacked out as the antis would have you believe.

(Having said that I still don't think it'll be a 2 way romance at least at this point.)
I actually think a romance or genuine relationship is possible, and here's why:

I believe in the idea of "go big or go home" - I've always thought there were two more likely possibilities in regards to the conception and trajectory of Rey and Kylo Ren and their dynamic - related or romantic/destined soulmates. Allies is too soft and lacking in power. Rey already has a BFF in Finn, BB-8, and likely in Poe in the future.

I'll go ahead and break the related angle even further down and say I never believed she was Luke's daughter - I think if related was still on the table (I really don't now, but there's always the fear, I'm not gonna lie), they would've made the story about her being the lost daughter of Han and Leia and Ben's sibling. Why? Because a sibling dynamic is more powerful than cousins. Setting aside Luke, fighting over Anakin's legacy or any of that - in terms of the emotional punch with Rey and Kylo, and in keeping their dynamic front and center, siblings make for a stronger narrative. It isn't even a contest.

I never believed in Rey Solo after TFA because going in that direction would make TFA retroactively terrible, and the characters written to be too stupid and OOC to live. Everyone would have to have force induced amnesia. They could do it, but it would make me utterly faithless in the storytelling with ANY SW movies going forward.

The yin/yang, powerful equals, mirrors, and destiny stuff is coming on strong with TLJ, picking up where TFA planted the seeds. I don't see them setting up a bloodline connection or making it about parents; I see two lonely, powerful people, coming of age and being destined to come together through the Force, perhaps reshaping it into something better.

I've also always believed Maz's "The belonging you seek is not behind you, but ahead" will end up as foreshadowing to Ben. Rey suggests Luke, Maz doesn't reply. Rey is going into TLJ likely with that in the back of her head. Instead it looks like he doesn't want anything to do with her because she reminds him too much of Ben. And I think this is one of things that will connect her further to Kylo. That doesn't mean I expect high romance or anything too overt in TLJ - there's another movie left in the trilogy to continue any threads developing in TLJ.

Rian Johnson basically said in an interview that Rey's parents will be important to Rey, but implied it's interesting rather than impactful - to me, that says no Skywalker-Solo reveal. That would be extremely impactful on the other characters and the story, as well as Rey.

We got a his/her perfume set advertised with Rey and Kylo. A Forces of Destiny doll pack similar to Princess/Prince dolls (and JJ "you have a prince and princess" Abrams is coming back for 9) when that could've just as easily been Finn - Finn HAS been in a Force of Destiny episode, while the Rey and Kylo one certainly can't air until after TLJ.
Kay

Last edited by TheCheshireKitten; 10-13-2017 at 12:29 PM
Old 10-13-2017, 05:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCheshireKitten (View Post)
Perhaps I should clarify my previous statement: I don't believe a 2-way romance is going to happen in this movie. The movie is picking up right after the end of TFA, with Rey having essentially just told Kylo he was a monster after seeing him kill his own dad. Now. Do I think it's possible for her to go to him for help by the end of the movie? Yes. I think the movie is going to cover a longer amount of time than we're used to because the trailer shows Kylo with a mesh on his wound and then later with a faint scar. As for romance, I mean I think Kylo had a crush () on Rey from the get go, so there's already romance in the equation. It's mainly Rey's feelings I'm talking about, why I say I don't think we'll get a two-way romance in this movie. I do think it's possible for Rey to realize there's more than meets the eye, 2 sides to every story, etc and to start to shed some of her hatred for Kylo and begin that journey towards loving him. But I think the romance wouldn't really be there for both of them until ep 9. If they were picking up the movie after a time jump (like between ESB and ROTJ) then I'd feel differently. But her feelings for Kylo were too much on the side of hatred and disgust for it to be believable that she'll fall for him by the end of the movie. I could always be wrong, but who knows. They could surprise me. They certainly did when they killed Han.
Old 10-14-2017, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Last few large posts will read later to comment on

Yea I just think both are conflicted so it's going to be interesting
this is what I’m getting through right now
ღ carrie fisher
Old 10-15-2017, 05:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Lucifer
Star Wars

These posts

Also agree and it's very interesting what they're doing with the dolls as far as Reylo goes. They're selling them as a pair in many different ways. Finn is the more obvious choice to sell as Rey's counterpart when you think of the hero of the movie but they don't pair his action figures with Rey like they do Kylo.
Old 10-15-2017, 05:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Lucifer
Star Wars

These posts

Also agree and it's very interesting what they're doing with the dolls as far as Reylo goes. They're selling them as a pair in many different ways. Finn is the more obvious choice to sell as Rey's counterpart when you think of the hero of the movie but they don't pair his action figures with Rey like they do Kylo.
Old 10-16-2017, 01:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)

I agree with you about the last part, I also doubt anything truly romantic will happen between Rey and Kylo in this 2nd movie, except maybe at the end? You know a kiss à la "Elizabeth/Jack Sparrow" wouldn't be out of the blue I guess ^^ But it would also mean Rey betraying Kylo somehow so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCheshireKitten (View Post)

I believe in the idea of "go big or go home" - I've always thought there were two more likely possibilities in regards to the conception and trajectory of Rey and Kylo Ren and their dynamic - related or romantic/destined soulmates. Allies is too soft and lacking in power. Rey already has a BFF in Finn, BB-8, and likely in Poe in the future.

I'll go ahead and break the related angle even further down and say I never believed she was Luke's daughter - I think if related was still on the table (I really don't now, but there's always the fear, I'm not gonna lie), they would've made the story about her being the lost daughter of Han and Leia and Ben's sibling. Why? Because a sibling dynamic is more powerful than cousins. Setting aside Luke, fighting over Anakin's legacy or any of that - in terms of the emotional punch with Rey and Kylo, and in keeping their dynamic front and center, siblings make for a stronger narrative. It isn't even a contest.

I never believed in Rey Solo after TFA because going in that direction would make TFA retroactively terrible, and the characters written to be too stupid and OOC to live. Everyone would have to have force induced amnesia. They could do it, but it would make me utterly faithless in the storytelling with ANY SW movies going forward.

The yin/yang, powerful equals, mirrors, and destiny stuff is coming on strong with TLJ, picking up where TFA planted the seeds. I don't see them setting up a bloodline connection or making it about parents; I see two lonely, powerful people, coming of age and being destined to come together through the Force, perhaps reshaping it into something better.

I've also always believed Maz's "The belonging you seek is not behind you, but ahead" will end up as foreshadowing to Ben. Rey suggests Luke, Maz doesn't reply. Rey is going into TLJ likely with that in the back of her head. Instead it looks like he doesn't want anything to do with her because she reminds him too much of Ben. And I think this is one of things that will connect her further to Kylo. That doesn't mean I expect high romance or anything too overt in TLJ - there's another movie left in the trilogy to continue any threads developing in TLJ.

Rian Johnson basically said in an interview that Rey's parents will be important to Rey, but implied it's interesting rather than impactful - to me, that says no Skywalker-Solo reveal. That would be extremely impactful on the other characters and the story, as well as Rey.

We got a his/her perfume set advertised with Rey and Kylo. A Forces of Destiny doll pack similar to Princess/Prince dolls (and JJ "you have a prince and princess" Abrams is coming back for 9) when that could've just as easily been Finn - Finn HAS been in a Force of Destiny episode, while the Rey and Kylo one certainly can't air until after TLJ.
Although I doubt anything romantic will truly happen between them in the next movie I do entirely agree with your post

Maybe it's just me, but honestly the new trailer didn't give me the "Parent/Daughter" vibe between Luke and Rey. I mean their relationship didn't even seem THAT important compared to Reylo I think that if they were really Father/Daughter the trailer would have emphazised a bit more how similar they are and putting the whole drama on them instead of focusing it on Reylo

Not to mention that Luke seems scared of Rey's power saying he only saw it once (and personally, I don't think he meant Kylo there... I think he meant Anakin/Darth Vador showing that Rey might indeed be the next "Darth Vador" coming out of nowhere and becoming the next most powerful Jedi in town, but that may be just me... ^^).

So yeah, I'm starting to have real doubts Luke/Rey are family and if they are then I guess this trailer really fails to show it

KyloRey

Last edited by ElizaSparrow; 10-16-2017 at 01:26 PM
Old 10-16-2017, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Lucifer
Star Wars

I'm really convinced that Rey has no family ties whatsoever with Luke. But I don't think we'll get anything solid/canon on TLJ, I think we'll get awesome buildup though.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Didn't they promise flat out that we would find out in TLJ
ღ carrie fisher
Old 10-17-2017, 10:03 AM
Elite Fan

^They said we'd find out more about Rey's parents. That could mean anything though. We could find out what they did without finding out who they were, for example.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh I'll be pissed if that were the case
ღ carrie fisher
Old 10-17-2017, 11:19 AM
Master Fan

I also thought we would find out in the next movie

It would be good because then the 3rd movie would be about Rey accepting who she might be (hopefully either a Kenobi, either no one just like Anakin) which is more interesting IMO.

KyloRey
Old 10-17-2017, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

No one like Anakin is my theory
ღ carrie fisher
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top