Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2003, 04:41 PM
Elite Fan

And merry christmas to you all as well. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I hope everything has a great holiday season as well, regardless of how or what you're celebrating.

*gets the bonking machine out before he heads back to the village*
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 12-25-2003, 05:37 AM
Master Fan

Happy Chrimbo to one and all!

TESB has always been my least favourite of the SW movies. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

I want to see ROTK again nowwww.
Old 12-26-2003, 06:58 AM
Elite Fan

Least favorite? Why so?

I used to like ROTJ, but then ESB grew on me.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 12-26-2003, 12:21 PM
Master Fan

Saw ROTK last night and it definitely didn't live up to its hype. I think TTT is a far better film.
The only guy that deserves at least an Oscar "nomination" is Sean Astin or whatever his name is. The movie was so long I kept looking at my watch every 10 minutes. I wouldn't be able to sit through it again. It was ok but not great. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Gollum got a bit annoying. Oh the Legolas Oliphant thing was a bit... retarded.

I also saw Peter Pan last night. Wow, I really liked that movie very intertaining.
Old 12-26-2003, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Burp!!!!!!!!!!! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-26-2003, 09:34 PM
Elite Fan

*pat's dev on the back*

Any more in there?

So you didn't like it huh liz? Guess you won't be sitting through the 5 hour extended version, eh?
Old 12-27-2003, 12:01 AM
Master Fan

Oooh I can't wait for the extended.

"I like ROTK better cuz it's closer to the book than TTT. TTT the movie is waaaay off from the book. I not sure what happened there." Says me friend.

I personally don't care how far Jackson woulda gotten from the books cuz books and film are two completely diff types of media. TTT was good. Helm's Deep was AMAZING. I get chills when the rain starts to pour and they show Theodon and his men waiting.
If you're sitting down, get on your feet. Let's wake up those who are asleep. March on, left to right to left again, our feet in sync to this rhythym, conducted by the hand of the saving One. Report, fall in line, big mission with little time. Salute, stand tall, with one voice answer the call. ... Hear us say 'Jesus.'
Old 12-27-2003, 01:49 PM
Elite Fan

I liked ROTK the best out out the three. I even tolerated the damn elf, with his wack ass insightful lame lines, Blood has been spilt this night, yeah no **** she's on her period [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Carlos
Old 12-27-2003, 03:01 PM
Master Fan

Well I still think TTT was a far better film. The battle of Helms Deep was better than the battle in ROTK. *cannot remember the city*

[img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] Saw Peter Pan again last night.
[img]smilies/love.gif[/img] it. "I do believe in Fairies!, I do!"
Sorry lil bit too happy. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 12-27-2003: Message edited Darth Liz ]
Old 12-27-2003, 10:22 PM
Elite Fan

The wife and I are trying to find time to go see peter pan. It looks really good.

I personally look past the difference between the books and the movies. I'm glad that they're different because personally, no director will ever get it close to the perfection that is in my head when I visualize a scene. I just watched the whole of TTT extended edition, I loved it, great show.
Old 12-28-2003, 09:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cryostar:
<STRONG>The wife and I are trying to find time to go see peter pan. It looks really good.

I personally look past the difference between the books and the movies. I'm glad that they're different because personally, no director will ever get it close to the perfection that is in my head when I visualize a scene. I just watched the whole of TTT extended edition, I loved it, great show.</STRONG>
Oh you and your wife should definitely go see it.
It's wonderful.
I'm going to see it for the 3rd time tomorrow.
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
I've loved Peter Pan since I was like in 2nd grade. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]
Old 12-29-2003, 06:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Liz:
<STRONG>Well I still think TTT was a far better film. The battle of Helms Deep was better than the battle in ROTK. *cannot remember the city*
</STRONG>
[img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

The Battle of Pelennor Fields was waaaay better! I agree about the Legolas/Oliphaunt thing, but then he's never really impressed me that much. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I had to reformat my HD because my computer was being evil, and it still hasn't really helped. But that explains my absence for the last few days.

I have also bought a new car! It comes with free insurance for a year and I collect it on Saturday. Can't wait. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Cryostar, I never really liked that TESB doesn't have a proper ending. I also feel that TTT is the weakest of the three LOTR films (I still love it) because it's the middle story, therefore it doesn't have a proper beginning or end. It's just the way I feel. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-29-2003, 06:07 PM
Master Fan

Why do you roll your eyes at me?
If I didn't like the movie that's my opinion isn't it?
Everyone has different taste. TTT was better in my opinion. so yeah...
Old 12-29-2003, 09:02 PM
Elite Fan

Personally:

I'll go ROTK, TTT, FOTR.

I loved pelinor fields. While legolas was silly, the rest was pretty f'ing great!

Middle story or not, I still love esb. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-30-2003, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love the Fellowship more than TTT. The trip through Moira and the Balrog are amazing. I hated the forced lurve triangle between Aragorn and Eowyn, in TTT, it spoils the best thing about the tie between Arwen and Aragorn. Even though Eowyn as a character is more interesting than Arwen, it just spoiled things.