Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2005, 02:23 PM
Elite Fan

Kara~I just sent you one back

and I don't really have anything say about the southern accents...
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
icon credit
Hayden
Old 08-16-2005, 05:01 PM
Elite Fan

Hey, don't assume that just b/c I live in the heart of Dixie I have a southern accent from South Alabama

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:11 PM
Passionate Fan

Don't get me wrong, I like southern accents. Someone just pointed out to me that sometimes the accent makes it seem like the person is asking a question when they really are not. I was just wondering if it was a geographic area thing or a personal way of speaking.

I've been around quite a bit and have pretty much found that no matter where you go, you are going to find unique ways of speaking and pronouncing things.

For instance:
Bar Harbor, MA is NOT barr-harrrborr it is buh habuh
In Massachusettes route is a root and NOT a rOUT

In the mountain west Hurricane is actually hurr-i-cun
Tooele is too-il-ah
And you must absolutely drop all g's off the ends of your words "swimmin" "hikin" "goin", etc.

My friends from Tennessee called all soft drinks "Cokes" and my friend from Michigan called them "Pop" (if I recall correctly).

I sat in on a heated debated whether it was a "piece of pizza", "slice of pizza", "slice of pie" or "piece of pie". The latter being something I would personally expect to have apples or some fruit filling rather than pepperoni, cheese, etc.

In any case, it doesn't really matter as long as we successfully relate our ideas to one another.

Still curious about my original question.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:34 AM
Elite Fan

It's also possible to live in the south and have any kind of a significant accent. I know this, b/c I don't

Not sure about pizza or pie, but as a guy, the expression "a piece of a**" is accepted more than a "slice" of one

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:56 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink & white cookies
Kara I like your avatar. I've been a Switchfoot fan for a while now. (Though I was recently in a Chicago suburb and a radio station acted like the band was new--go figure). I'm looking forward to the new album. (Funny how we don't really say record anymore huh?)
Thanks! I just changed it...a few days ago. I've been a fan of Switchfoot for a few years now, since the first time I heard their songs on the Walk to Remember soundtrack. And a few days ago I heard "Stars" for the first time, absolutely love it...I can't wait for the new album. And yes, I say album too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by master yoda167
Kara~I just sent you one back

and I don't really have anything say about the southern accents...
Great thanks. I left you a message on the mod board about your PM. But yeah, thanks. Any other parties this weekend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strifer
It's also possible to live in the south and have any kind of a significant accent. I know this, b/c I don't
Excuse me..while I laugh. Don't lie, it's baaaad.

Join the John Mayer campaign!
Old 08-17-2005, 01:51 PM
Elite Fan

Kara~ Well actually I'm leaving town again on Saturday... but only for a day, I'm coming back on Sunday... you know the friend I was visiting last week, she's leaving the country in a couple weeks to spend a year in Barcelona doing some research (she studies biology at the uni...) so me and a couple of friends are going to her "going away" party should be fun! How about you?

p&w, Alex, Jerry, Chris...
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
icon credit
Hayden
Old 08-17-2005, 03:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by **SuperGirl**
Excuse me..while I laugh. Don't lie, it's baaaad.
Just keep on, you'll get "yours"

For the last time, I don't have a southern accent!

Alex

Old 08-17-2005, 07:24 PM
Elite Fan

What did you do, dear?! You've been on 3000 vacations, not invited me, partied, not invited me, and I'm feeling all kinds of left out *pouts*

Dood! You're bulgarian! you have an accent! Btw, did you hear the news about the ancient treasure they found about 80km outside of Sofia? Pretty cool stuff.

I can have lots of accents.....depends on the mood i'm in.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:29 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryostar
What did you do, dear?! You've been on 3000 vacations, not invited me, partied, not invited me, and I'm feeling all kinds of left out *pouts*
well now probably wouldn't be the right time to tell you that I'm leaving town again on Saturday for a friend's going away party... but I'll only be gone a day, back Sunday I'd invite you along,but unfortunately our car is full allready! Aww, I'm sorry if you've felt left out Next party I'm having, I'll be sure to invite you along...
I dunno why but for some reason people to see have been popping up from here and there recently

But here, Kara's allready seen this, it's a pic of my elementary school reunion

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...67/Luokka3.jpg
icon credit
Hayden
Old 08-18-2005, 08:57 AM
Passionate Fan

oh I live a boring life.

well, maybe not. Life with kids is never truly boring.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:32 AM
Elite Fan

Aww, I'm sure it can't be that bad. What're your plans for this weekend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by master yoda167
Kara~ Well actually I'm leaving town again on Saturday... but only for a day, I'm coming back on Sunday... you know the friend I was visiting last week, she's leaving the country in a couple weeks to spend a year in Barcelona doing some research (she studies biology at the uni...) so me and a couple of friends are going to her "going away" party should be fun! How about you?
Hmm, geez...You're always a busy girl. I guess we should all be so lucky that you grace us with your presence every now and then. I hope the party goes well though, behave yourself. Is he going to be there? Er...I've got work this weekend. Nothing special. Maybe I'll end up going to the movies to see Red Eye with a couple friends, but I need to start saving my money again...so we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strifer
Just keep on, you'll get "yours"

For the last time, I don't have a southern accent!

Alex
I'm still waiting... And I'll shut up, for now. But you keep telling yourself that.

Old 08-18-2005, 02:14 PM
Elite Fan

...I don't have one!

Old 08-19-2005, 09:17 AM
Elite Fan

Er. I'm shutting up now, but this is not over.

Moving right along...

My friend brought me Starbucks this morning...The day officially just got better.

Old 08-19-2005, 02:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by **SuperGirl**
Er. I'm shutting up now, but this is not over.

Moving right along...

My friend brought me Starbucks this morning...The day officially just got better.
Yes it is over

Thief!

You are so "easy"

Alex

Old 08-19-2005, 07:43 PM
Elite Fan

Wow, thieving going on in here?
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread