Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2005, 11:40 AM
Elite Fan

Hyperdrive Crew #59 OT Discussion b/c the nonesense must continue...

Carry on with the discussions of random talk.

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:01 PM
Passionate Fan

It's funny I'm bothered more by bugs at home (and around my house) than I am by the bugs I encounter when I'm camping.

I absolutely detest earwigs.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:49 AM
Elite Fan

On my trip in France, where we had rented the cabin, which was totally made out of stone btw...it was in the middle of nowhere literally, it was up in the mountains, surrounded by wilderness, in a small small small village, great wiews, I can post the pics when I get them so you can see what I mean Anyway, being out there, there were many bugs and insects around, we had a small backyard/patio out there...and we started naming all the bugs by species...since we didn't know the species, we knew that one of them was called gebbi or something so that caused us to name all the other bugs by similar Italian sounding names,don't ask, I don't know lol ( i'm not the only odd one in the family ) so there was Gebbi, Giuseppe, Julio, Alfredo and the worst ones were called Guido, so we would be on the yard like " heyyy is that Guido? noo, that's definately more of a Alfredo... yeaaah, there's not lots to do out there so... also another thing is my sister got eaten by mosquitos really bad, but the rest of us were totally fine....she was all in red spots...

Chris ~ Yeah, that was nicely put about my folks... I think it's pretty normal to feel that allthough I have to add that my relationship with my parents, especially my Mother is a lot more complex than "your usual" so....

hey Alex....and how are you doing? I was actually in France when Tour de France was on....
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
icon credit
Hayden
Old 08-02-2005, 10:35 AM
Elite Fan

Yay, new thread.

Aww, your poor sister. We have a lot of mosquitos here, they're over-populating Washington State. Maria, have I told you how glad I am that you're back?

My grandparents are leaving on Thursday to go to Westport, so I'll have the house to myself this weekend. And my dad is leaving California on Thursday to drive my new car up here...I'm excited.

Join the John Mayer campaign!
Old 08-02-2005, 04:30 PM
Elite Fan

Well she's better now, but it was pretty funny, she looked like she had the chicken pox and we were all just fine... well not today I believe thanks! good to be back!

wooo, house to yourself, yay... I'm going to my elementary school re-union on Friday...should be...interesting or should I say intriguing and the Saturday after next I'm having a summer party at my house Woot!!
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
icon credit
Hayden
Old 08-03-2005, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by **SuperGirl**

My grandparents are leaving on Thursday to go to Westport, so I'll have the house to myself this weekend.
Par-tay!
Old 08-03-2005, 09:53 AM
Elite Fan

That's right. Well, actually, I wont be home either while they're gone...so no party for me. That's okay, though...Maria, you'll invite me to your party, right? And elementary reunion? I didn't know people had those...

Old 08-03-2005, 03:32 PM
Elite Fan

So what's keeping ya so busy you can't even wreck the house with a great party?

Sure thing muffin.... I invited all kinds of people(like the one who we shall not name, not that he'll come but gotta freak him out a bit see how he reacts )...My invitation was quite "off the hook" though since I wrote it like at 1.30 a.m but one of my friends said it was great, good funny so i guess I'm safe....lol

and now I'm off to bed, well okay sleep, because I allready am in bed, heh so goodnight!
icon credit
Hayden
Old 08-05-2005, 12:50 PM
Passionate Fan

What is an elementary school reunion? Don't you generally go to Jr. High & High school with them?

I'm curious.
Old 08-06-2005, 01:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Do any of you guys know of a thread/s in FF that goes past number 644? Apart from the Roswell spoiler thread? And the OT bunny thread of course.
Just curious
Old 08-06-2005, 02:30 PM
Elite Fan

p &w~ I'm not sure where you live exactly ( not here that I know ) but here in Finland the school system is different and it's kind of hard to explain precisely in English because the proper words might not even exist in English so they may mean different things to people in English speaking countries...But basicly how it goes: In Finland elementary school means going to school when you turn 6 and it lasts for 9 years in total(it's mandatory by law that you attend these 9 years)...BUT after 6th grade, you switch schools( basically means bigger classes and more people), grades 7-9 are a "separate education" but still part of *our* elementary school, I think grades 7-9 are maybe the equivalent to your junior high...We don't really have private schools here, they're all kept by the state, meaning public schools...Both elementary school and our "junior high" they divide people to schools based on where they live BUT after that you have to *apply* to the high school that you want to go to, you can apply anywhere, they take people in based on your grade average (of your report card in "juniour high") , high school is totally optional, if you don't wanna go, nobody can make you...Looong story

back to your original question:

When I said elementary school re-union, I meant that I saw the people that were on the same class as me during grades 3-6 (1-2 are kinda separate too...lol , but there are no separate meetings for those) in here we basically go to elementary school with the same people, in juniour high you're put in with old people + some new people and after elementary school people totally split up depending where they wanna go or are accepted....Phew!!!

Did you understand anything at all?? Like I said, hard to explain if you're not from around here...hehe

But speaking of the reunion, I had the best time! It was so surreal, because like 20 of us showed up ( there were like 26 of us in our class....) and everyone was like so super nice, and my friend and I intended to be just couple hours but we ended up staying for over 7.... and since we were in a hotel/bar/club complex thing, lots of people ,lots of loud music, I have no voice right now! but all and all a great night....
icon credit
Hayden
Old 08-07-2005, 10:13 PM
Passionate Fan

Dev, Interesting question. I know the SD (spoiled Dreamer--for Roswell) thread is on the official 643, though we were several threads into it all before we started counting. (And then there were those half threads that got "Carrie'd"). I can't say I've paid attention.

Okay Maria, I think I got it now. I'm glad you had fun.

Ooooh, did I mention? I finally got to go to a concert. Saw Howard Jones and Colin Hay
Old 08-08-2005, 05:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink & white cookies
Dev, Interesting question. I know the SD (spoiled Dreamer--for Roswell) thread is on the official 643, though we were several threads into it all before we started counting. (And then there were those half threads that got "Carrie'd"). I can't say I've paid attention.

Okay Maria, I think I got it now. I'm glad you had fun.

Ooooh, did I mention? I finally got to go to a concert. Saw Howard Jones and Colin Hay
OMG Howard Jones! brings back a few memories
Old 08-08-2005, 08:49 AM
Elite Fan

Glad you understood my ramblings p&w...

I've never heard of such performers,but glad you got to go to a concert

hey Dev...how's Adele?
icon credit
Hayden
Old 08-08-2005, 11:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by master yoda167
So what's keeping ya so busy you can't even wreck the house with a great party?

Sure thing muffin.... I invited all kinds of people(like the one who we shall not name, not that he'll come but gotta freak him out a bit see how he reacts )...My invitation was quite "off the hook" though since I wrote it like at 1.30 a.m but one of my friends said it was great, good funny so i guess I'm safe....lol

and now I'm off to bed, well okay sleep, because I allready am in bed, heh so goodnight!
Heh, because my dad came up from California...so even though I had the house to myself, we were always going out, so the only time I came home was to sleep. But yeah, I'm back now.

Well, if you can invite the one who shall not be named...then you can invite me. When is it? What made you decide to invite him though? He better show up this time, or we'll have someone hunt him down.

643...That's insane. I don't see how people can keep up with those things. Like, the bunny thread going though 10 threads a day.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread