Old 04-05-2019, 05:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Fair enough
Old 04-06-2019, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Next weekend for Celebration
Old 04-07-2019, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Her Universe new collection will be at Celebration!

https://www.heruniverse.com/marketin...ML-SFM-9347-15

Guests for SWCC’s The Phantom Menace 20th anniversary panel revealed

C-3PO actor Anthony Daniels is headed to Star Wars Celebration Chicago

Quote:
From StarWars.com:

"Thank the maker!

Anthony Daniels, the legendary actor who brought the goldenrod droid C-3PO to life in every Star Wars saga film so far as well as Rogue One, is headed to Star Wars Celebration Chicago.

oin him on Sunday at 5:15 p.m. as he presents “Droidography” on the Galaxy Stage, an hour of personal stories, hilarious wit, and an unforgettable in-person experience. Expect the unexpected as Daniels has a marvelous time, sometimes at the expense of unsuspecting audience members.

Or meet the man behind your favorite protocol droid in room W190A all day on Saturday and Sunday of Celebration weekend to get an autograph, snap a selfie, or say hello in one of over six million forms of communication. […]

Star Wars Celebration Chicago will take place April 11-15 at McCormick Place. “
Lucasfilm readies massive mural that will feature the entire Star Wars saga for Celebration Chicago

Quote:
From StarWars.com:

"Artist Jason Palmer was 13 in 1977 — a significant age in a significant year. “Is there a better age to be when Star Wars comes out?” he says, laughing, to StarWars.com. “No.” His family couldn’t afford the toys, but Palmer read Marvel’s Star Wars comics, and found that the galaxy far, far away sparked something inside him. “I was absolutely in love with Star Wars, and I drew it all the time,” he says.

Fast forward a few years. Done with school and working a job he didn’t want in his late teens, Palmer decided to make a go for it as an artist. He had no real training or any idea of how to pursue art as a career, but he did know one thing: the legendary movie poster artist Drew Struzan — his favorite artist — lived within driving distance. Palmer cold called Struzan, who invited him over without hesitation. “He became kind of my mentor,” Palmer says. [...]

All of this — drawing Star Wars as a young teen, learning from Struzan — has led to Palmer’s current project: a massive mural, meant to capture the whole Star Wars saga, that will debut at Star Wars Celebration Chicago. You can see the original trilogy section below, exclusively on StarWars.com.

“The original idea came from [Lucasfilm President] Kathy Kennedy,” Lucasfilm Vice President and Executive Creative Director Doug Chiang tells StarWars.com. “She asked if we could create a piece of art that would encapsulate the entire Star Wars saga, visually representing the complete stories of Star Wars through art. In thinking about how to fulfill Kathy’s wish, the idea of creating a giant mural timeline was born.” Chiang has served as art director on the project, ideating what it could and should be, and working closely with Palmer.

“I wanted the scale to be theatrical,” Chiang says. “I felt it was important to make the mural as large as possible to mirror the cinematic experience. At 10-feet-tall and 88-feet-long, it’ll be unlike anything we’ve done before.” Once complete, the final mural will feature every Star Wars movie, including Episode IX, as well as the Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels animated series, with each entry given its own segment and equal footing; in other words, Star Wars: The Clone Wars will have the same real estate as Star Wars: A New Hope, illustrating Star Wars as one large story.

Chiang initially worked with Erik Tiemens of the Lucasfilm Art Department to design a preliminary composition; since there was so much to convey, he broke the mural down into three basic levels: an overall color timeline to show the emotional arcs of the films; key, iconic characters in large portraits; and major action moments. Then came perhaps the biggest hurdle: who was going to paint it?

“Originally, because of the scope of the work and tight schedule, I was going to contract several artists, each taking on a portion of the mural,” Chiang says. “But after speaking with Jason and seeing his work, it became obvious that it would be ideal for him to do it all. My main concern was the schedule. We had only six weeks to complete the mural, which is a ridiculously short amount of time. Normally, a mural of this complexity and scope would take several months. But Jason stepped up and took on the challenge.”

[...] To bring animated characters from The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels to life in this realistic style, Palmer turned to a surprising reference point: cosplayers. “It’s just easier if you have someone with a perfect costume posing for you,” he says.

In just a few weeks, the finished art will make its debut. “I’m thrilled for fans to see the mural,” says Chiang. “This mural is unique. For the first time, fans will be able to enjoy seeing the complete story of Star Wars in a continuous timeline. I can’t wait.”

Painting digitally, Palmer bought new hard drives and has maxed out his RAM working on the mural. It’s a long way — yet also kind of not — from filling the margins of his junior-high notebooks with Star Wars drawings. “I get to show it all, which is awesome,” he says. “And I feel like I’ve been preparing for it my whole career. Maybe since 1977.” [...]"
Old 04-08-2019, 06:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 04-09-2019, 10:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

This weekend is going to be overflow
Old 04-10-2019, 06:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah
Old 04-11-2019, 04:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Disney Draws Upon Real-World Inspirations for Otherworldly Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
Old 04-11-2019, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for that
Old 04-11-2019, 06:13 PM
Total Fan

Alan Tudyk Returning for 'Rogue One' Disney+ Prequel Series

Quote:
Cassian Andor will have his right-hand droid with him for his Star Wars prequel.

Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy on Thursday confirmed Alan Tudyk will reprise his role as K-2SO in the upcoming Disney+ series starring Diego Luna. The Rogue One prequel sees him once again play rebel spy Cassian Andor and is set during the early days of the Rebellion, prior to the events of 2016's Rogue One. Stephen Schiff (The Americans) is serving as showrunner.
I love "The Americans" (an amazing spy show about two KGB officers posing as a married couple in Washington during the '80s). I'm even more excited for this now.
Old 04-12-2019, 04:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I saw this on Facebook probably around the time you posted it

Super excited over it
Old 04-12-2019, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

YOU GUYS ITS OUT:

Old 04-12-2019, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

That's a nice trailer, not fully sure what to think of that hint at palpatine comming back though.
Old 04-12-2019, 11:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah that was weird but I like it

Also the title...Rise of Skywalker? JJ already said that the only new Skywalker in the saga is Ben, but everyone calls him Ben SOLO, I never saw him being refered to as a Skywalker...not sure who else it could mean though...
Old 04-12-2019, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by a new hope (View Post)
Yeah that was weird but I like it

Also the title...Rise of Skywalker? JJ already said that the only new Skywalker in the saga is Ben, but everyone calls him Ben SOLO, I never saw him being refered to as a Skywalker...not sure who else it could mean though...
I think it may be rey actually who in some way is a skywalker. I mean remember when JJ said that the villain in his second star trek movie would not be Khan, turned out it was khan...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread