Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Summer TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2018, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Star Wars Archives author Paul Duncan: “”George Lucas undersells himself. He’s actually a fantastic writer and a fantastic plotter.”

Quote:
From StarWars.com:

"Imagine a 600-page book that could not only show you the history of the classic Star Wars trilogy like never before, but could also transport you to Tunisia, or Elstree Studios, as a young filmmaker named George Lucas forged his legacy. Picture yourself at Skywalker Ranch, or in the halls of Lucasfilm in San Francisco, with unrestricted access to more than four decades’ worth of Star Wars archives. What might it be like to know and see all that’s gone into the making of these beloved movies, with Lucas himself as your personal guide? This, it seems, was not too much to ask for film historian Paul Duncan, author of the new XXL-sized chronicle from Taschen Books: The Star Wars Archives. This weighty tome is a film enthusiast’s dream. After getting our hands on a copy, StarWars.com rang up the author to find out just how much work goes into a project like this — and what it’s like to spend three days in conversation with George Lucas. [...]

StarWars.com: [The book is] sort of like a 600-page director’s commentary.

StarWars.com: The book explores Lucas’s obsession with documentary-style filmmaking. At one point, he says he has a preference for editing. He says he doesn’t really enjoy writing or directing, but he loves to edit. Do those things go hand in hand a little bit?

Paul Duncan: I think that he really undersells himself, because he is very understated. And because he repeats it, people tend to believe it’s true. But it’s not. You know, he is actually a fantastic writer. He’s a fantastic plotter. And one of the things I was most surprised about, when I was going through the original treatments and the screenplays, et cetera, is that virtually everything is George. I don’t want to underplay or dismiss other people who have written on the movies, but I was really, really surprised at how much of it was George. Great lines in there. [...]"

"George Lucas undersells himself. He's actually a fantastic writer and plotter."
Old 12-17-2018, 02:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for that Steph
a new hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 07:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ludwig Göransson to compose score for The Mandalorian

Quote:
From StarWars.com:

"StarWars.com is thrilled to announce that Ludwig Göransson, an acclaimed composer and record producer, will write the score for The Mandalorian, the first ever live-action Star Wars series. Göransson has composed memorable soundtracks for some of the biggest and most lauded movies in recent memory, including Black Panther (for which he has earned Golden Globe Award and Grammy nominations), Creed, Creed II, Venom, and Fruitvale Station. In the realm of television, his credits include the beloved Community and New Girl. Göransson has produced records for Haim and Chance The Rapper, and he recently received three Grammy nominations for his work with Donald Glover (who should be familiar to Star Wars fans as the young Lando Calrissian in Solo: A Star Wars Story) on the latest Childish Gambino album.

“Words fail to express how surreal and humbling it feels to be invited into the Star Wars universe,” Göransson said. “I am deeply grateful to Jon Favreau and Disney for this opportunity and to John Williams for raising the bar so high with his iconic, intrepid scores — they will never be matched. In these next months I hope to honor the tradition of Star Wars’ musical landscape while propelling The Mandalorian into new and unchartered territory. And I will try to remember that there is no try.”

Currently in production, The Mandalorian is written and executive produced by Jon Favreau, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode and serving as executive producer alongside Kathleen Kennedy and Colin Wilson. Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok). The Mandalorian stars Pedro Pascal (Narcos) in the title role as a lone Mandalorian gunfighter, alongside Gina Carano (Deadpool), Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad), Emily Swallow (Supernatural), Carl Weathers (Predator), Omid Abtahi (American Gods), Werner Herzog (Grizzly Man), and Nick Nolte (Warrior).

The highly-anticipated series will be exclusive to Disney+, The Walt Disney Company’s upcoming direct-to-consumer streaming service, which is set to launch in the U.S. in late 2019."
George Lucas is reportedly America’s wealthiest celebrity in 2018

Quote:
From Forbes:

"Fame and fortune can go hand in hand—at least for a select few. Star Wars creator George Lucas leads this year's ranking of America's richest celebrities with a net worth of $5.4 billion thanks largely to the fortune he pocketed when his Lucasfilm production company sold to Disney for $4.1 billion in 2012.

He edges fellow filmmaker Steven Spielberg (No. 2; $3.7 billion) and media mogul Oprah (No. 3; $2.8 billion). Michael Jordan (No. 4; $1.7 billion) climbs up the ranking with a $400 million net worth increase derived from his sneaker fortune and a 90% stake in the increasingly valuable Charlotte Hornets. His stake in the basketball team is valued at an estimated $800 million.

America's 10 wealthiest celebrities hold a combined fortune of $18.7 billion, more than the GDP of Iceland. Forbes' third annual ranking of the net worths of the famous boasted the biggest cumulative figure since we began tallying totals, up 4% from 2017's $18 billion. [...]"
Old 12-22-2018, 09:45 AM
never look away

Thanks for all that
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 01:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks Steph
Old 01-05-2019, 06:15 AM
never look away

Glad to be slowly seeing news about the series
Old 01-11-2019, 05:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks wife
Old 01-15-2019, 06:41 AM
never look away

Your welcome
Old 01-15-2019, 07:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 01-18-2019, 04:52 AM
never look away

See how the rest of the season goes and see how this 2nd season goes
Old 01-20-2019, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have not watched Resistance and really have no interest in doing so.

Has anyone watched it?
Old 01-20-2019, 04:06 PM
never look away

I've seen 8 episodes
Old 01-21-2019, 04:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
X-Men
Harrison Ford

The animation in that is childish.

tuck frump
sum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 06:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I only saw the pilot.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top