Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2018, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Star Wars Battlefront II voice lines for Grievous and Obi-Wan revealed

Quote:
From EA:

"[...] You may remember the Focused Feedback threads where we asked what you wanted from Obi-Wan Kenobi, General Grievous, Count Dooku, and Anakin Skywalker [in Star Wars Battlefront II]. It’s safe to say that you certainly delivered and we quickly found ourselves looking at a mountain of feedback.

The good news is that you not only backed up what we thought, but on a few occasions a “that’s cool, we should add that in” was said by the team.

One example was the suggestion of the voice line, "Your screams are music to my audio-receptors," for General Grievous. This came directly from the community and will now, thanks to your feedback, be found in the game. Another example can be found in Obi-Wan Kenobi’s “When I cut you in half, I should have aimed for your neck instead,” which came directly from our forums.

The feedback we received was so passionate and in such a high quantity that we were really spoiled for choice. We can’t count the amount of “Hello there” requests we had. [...]

One last thing.

While we’re all here, we thought now would be a good time to give you a sneak peek at some of the voice lines that you can expect to hear for General Grievous and Obi-Wan Kenobi.

General Grievous

“You are a bold one.”
“Your lightsabers will make a fine addition to my collection.”
“You must realise, you are doomed.”
“I wield great power, Jedi fool.”
“The story of Obi-Wan ends here!”
“Make peace with the Force now, for this is your final outing.”
“Your screams are like music to my audio receptors.”
“The Kaleesh are not known for their mercy.”
Obi-Wan Kenobi

“Hello there.”
“So uncivilized.”
“Why do I get the feeling you’re going to be the death of me?”
“When I cut you in half, I should have aimed for your neck instead.”
“You haven’t exactly impressed me today.”
“The strongest defence is a swift and decisive offence.”
“I understand you’ve had some troubles recently.”
“Ugh — like bathing in a lake of venom-mites.”"
Revenge of the Sith and The Clone Wars voices are returning in Star Wars Battlefront II

Quote:
"Attention, Clone Wars fans – some very familiar voices are returning to Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II!

Below, we’re revealing who’s portraying General Grievous, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Count Dooku, and Anakin Skywalker, as our new Clone Wars heroes and villains join the game, starting this month.

Plus, look out for full interviews with all of them around the releases of their respective characters, here on the official Star Wars Battlefront II website.

Matthew Wood – General Grievous (releasing October 30)

Matthew Wood voiced General Grievous’ original appearance in Star Wars™: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith™ and The Clone Wars animated series. He also did the creative post-processing of his character’s voice. Matthew has been working with Lucasfilm since the age of 17 and is (when he’s not voice acting) Supervising Sound Editor at Skywalker Sound, the sound division of Lucasfilm. Now, he’s reprising his role as Grievous in Star Wars Battlefront II.

“I always love revisiting characters from the Clone Wars era, because I feel like there are so many stories to be told! Now, we have the ability to actually set foot into General Grievous’ shoes and see how he operates in real-time. That’s really exciting to me, to be able to portray the character in such a way! I’m a gamer myself, so I can’t wait to see how all this pans out with what the team has created.”

James Arnold Taylor – Obi-Wan Kenobi (releasing November)

Of all actors portraying Obi-Wan Kenobi, James Arnold Taylor has played him the longest, most notably throughout the animated The Clone Wars series. In November, he’s bringing his version of Obi-Wan to Star Wars Battlefront II.

“It is probably the greatest honor for me as an actor, to have gotten to play this character for so many years. And in so many iterations! The television show, video games, toys, a movie . . . It’s one of those ‘pinch me moments’ in my life, because I still kind of wake up some days and go, ‘I . . . I get to be Obi-Wan Kenobi?’ It’s fantastic!”

Corey Burton – Count Dooku (releasing January)

Corey Burton has done a wide variety of work in his long voice acting career. He played Count Dooku in the Clone Wars television animated series, capturing the aristocratic and arrogant Sith Lord as originally delivered by Christopher Lee in Star Wars™: Episode II – Attack of the Clones™. Stepping into the role again is a pleasure for Corey.

“It’s always a joy to slip into the Sith cape! It’s been a delight from the very start. I love playing these sort of evil, wizardly mastermind kind of characters where their strength is a quiet, intense simmer, rather than throwing thunderbolts and hollering. It’s sort of very subtle, and it draws you in instead of blasting out the performance.”

Matt Lanter – Anakin Skywalker (releasing February)

Similar to James Arnold Taylor and his Obi-Wan Kenobi, Matt Lanter has portrayed Anakin Skywalker throughout the Clone Wars animated series. His portrayal of Anakin is a fan-favorite as the character’s complexity is explored in depth in the series. Matt is excited to bring his performance to Star Wars Battlefront II.

“I’m a gamer! I played the first Star Wars Battlefront often. Not really lately, I’ve got a new baby at home and she’s nine months, so I haven’t had a whole lot of gaming time recently. But before that – Battlefront is my game! I grew up playing first person shooters, and I love Star Wars. You know, I perform Star Wars, but I’m also a huge fan. A mix of the both is my perfect game. To be able to be a part of it is pretty incredible.”

We’re excited to have such an experienced cast on board, and are looking forward to getting all of the new heroes and villains in the hands of players, starting with General Grievous on October 30."
Old 10-18-2018, 06:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks Steph
Old 10-21-2018, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes thanks for all that
Old 10-22-2018, 03:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Always good to hear news
Old 10-22-2018, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes should look into how Resistance is being received cause its been 3 weeks
Old 10-22-2018, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have not watched it at all. Forgot to put it on the DVR.

Maybe I will watch it on demand.
Old 10-23-2018, 04:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I have to watch it too!
Old 10-23-2018, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes I need company though need to watch Sundays
Old 10-26-2018, 05:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 10-26-2018, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

See about getting some updated news
Old 10-27-2018, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I need to look for some
Old 10-28-2018, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Padmé Amidala is coming to the Hasbro Black Series

Quote:
From StarWars.com:

"Finally, the senator has arrived.

Hasbro announced today at Comic Con Paris that the iconic Padmé Amidala is joining the 6-inch Star Wars: The Black Series line of action figures. Long requested by fans, the figure is based on Padmé’s appearance in Star Wars: Attack of the Clones and utilizes Hasbro’s Photo Real paint technology, resulting in an uncanny likeness. Check the famed hero out below in all her droid-factory-exploring glory.

“Padmé is one of many figures that we will look to represent in 6-inch scale from the prequel trilogy, which over the years has seen a renewed swell of support and fandom,” Steve Evans, design director at Hasbro, exclusively tells StarWars.com. “We wanted to choose a heroic outfit for Padmé that exemplified her courage and her willingness to leave the trappings of royalty behind and get into the action. The intact Geonosian arena costume with scarf epitomized that to us — both elegant and fierce.” [...]

Look for both figures to be released in the spring of 2019. [...]"
The Boba Fett movie has reportedly been canceled

New animated series LEGO Star Wars: All Stars debuts October 29; check out the teaser and the key art

Quote:
From StarWars.com:

“Fans of bricks and blasters, get ready: LEGO Star Wars: All-Stars, a new animated adventure series that spans all Star Wars eras, will debut Monday, October 29, on Disney XD YouTube and DisneyNOW. Comprised of eight shorts and four half-hour episodes, the series features LEGO versions of the latest heroes and villains of the Star Wars galaxy alongside iconic characters including Kylo Ren, R2-D2, Young Han, Chewie, Young Lando, BB-8, and General Leia. You can check out a special sneak peek and the official key art below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vNXYyxUFhQ

Look for the first five shorts to arrive daily the week of Monday, October 29, to Friday, November 2, culminating in a compilation special highlighting three additional shorts on Saturday, November 10 at 11:00 a.m. EST/PST. Following the debut of the shorts, four half-hour episodes will premiere Saturdays from November 17 to December 8 (11:00 a.m., EST/PST) on Disney XD and DisneyNOW.

LEGO Star Wars: All-Stars is a production of Wil Film, the LEGO Group, and Lucasfilm. Developed for television by Bill Motz and Bob Roth (LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures, Penguins of Madagascar), they join Jill Wilfert and Erik Wilstrup as executive producers (LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures).”
Old 10-29-2018, 03:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Steph
Old 10-30-2018, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh Lego awesome
Old 10-31-2018, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I never got into SW Lego