New TIE Fighter looms large in LEGO 'Star Wars' galaxy
Old 02-16-2015, 10:12 AM
Master Fan

Thakns for opening!!!!!!!!

I have one of those...well, the old type anyway

RoseBennett
Old 02-16-2015, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for taking a break from boozing to open the thread, Tar.
Old 02-16-2015, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You're welcome
Old 02-18-2015, 08:07 AM
Master Fan

MAJOR spoiler if proven true

Just do't click

RoseBennett
Old 02-18-2015, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

No.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

If they try that they'll piss off everybody. They can take all their new characters and stuff them. What matters is the original trio. If they screw them around, they'll have a lot of unhappy customers.

Well, I'm glad I don't consider these films canoncal.
Old 02-18-2015, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm in complete denial about that rumor. It can't happen. It won't. I can't make it without Han.

Can.not.happen.period.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:54 PM
Master Fan

I know, sorry

But Sum, you r not gonna accept it, even if the death MAKES sense? Like, Obi-wan's made sense? (I'm asking becasue my answer is NO )

RoseBennett
Old 02-18-2015, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 02-18-2015, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by confessor_meggy (View Post)
I know, sorry

But Sum, you r not gonna accept it, even if the death MAKES sense? Like, Obi-wan's made sense? (I'm asking becasue my answer is NO )
I won't accept these films as canon even if I like them. They're built on a foundation that includes not just the Original Trilogy but the Prequels and Special Editions as well (as can be seen from the trailer). You can't build canon on a non-canon foundation. It's pretty much impossible to create any new Star Wars canon.
Old 02-19-2015, 02:00 AM
Master Fan

Still, I don't want to see Han dying anywhere, canon or not

RoseBennett
Old 02-19-2015, 05:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 02-19-2015, 09:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

The spoilers aren't confirmed anyway. But if they are, to hell with the new films. It'll be an insult to everybody who was a fan of the originals, though hardly the first such insult. I have to say I REALLY wasn't impressed with that teaser trailer. The spooky voice going on about the Dark side and the Light sounded really cheesy and lame. Boyega looked awkward and like he was about to pee his pants. Daisy Ridley's character certainly didn't get any chance to impress either. She came off distinctly lightweight. Maybe they'll be better in the film, but first appearances aren't promising, in my opinion. The reason that rolling droid is a problem is because it's distinctly reminiscent of things Lucas did in the Special Editions and Prequels, thus implying Abrams isn't doing a film as much OT-style as they indicated, instead allowing the bad parts of the Star Wars film lineup to overly influence the mentality of his new film. Similarly, the silly cross lightsaber is more of the sort of overdone bull we got in the Prequels with Darth Maul's stupid double lightsaber. If they were doing things OT-style they woudn't be putting in silly lightsber variations or trying to top Darth Maul's. And Imperial Stormtroopers -they couldn't think of a new villain? Enough with the Empire already. We've had decades of Expanded Universe books and comics about the stupid survival of the bloody Empire. You'd think they'd want to go a new direction by now. Finally, if they want us to see the bloody film, put the trio in the teaser. Anything else is just bad manners. I'm going to be waiting until this film comes out on DVD before I see it. I never asked for new Star Wars films. I don't WANT new Star Wars films. I want the Original Original Trilogy restored and that's all.

Last edited by sum1; 02-19-2015 at 09:53 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread