Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2014, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Plus he was Doctor Who twice.
During which Doctor(s)?

Quote:
The Darth Plaguies novel which covers the backstory on the early life of the Emperor implies he has dropped his first name and only goes by the family surnname. This novel while EU allegedly had input from George so I don't know where that info stands in the scheme of things. But if Sheev really is his name as revealed in this Tarkin book no wonder he dropped it! lol!
Agreed!

I liked it better when it was not revealed to us and it was dropped.
Old 10-19-2014, 01:14 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap'n cook (View Post)
I'm clueless when it comes to Doctor Who.
Fortunately, I am not. Peter Cushing played a version of Dr Who in 2 big screen outings which pitted him against the Doctor's TV adversaries the Daleks. He is not considered canon as far as the old and current TV series is concerned. Cushing played Dr Who at a time prior to it being revealed the Doctor could regenerate his body if ill, old or injured mortally. In fact this was in the mid 60s before the TV character's origins were revealed, so it works in a manner of speaking.
Old 10-19-2014, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
He is not considered canon as far as the old and current TV series is concerned.
I had no idea! But now I can see how I didn't know this piece of trivia. Thanks for the Who knowledge
Old 10-19-2014, 01:31 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrItAll (View Post)
I had no idea! But now I can see how I didn't know this piece of trivia. Thanks for the Who knowledge
Of course, you are most welcome friend!

Back to SW news-Warwick Davis has announced he will be in Episode VII in an unknown role at this time. John Williams is set to score the finished product soon.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderM (View Post)
Fortunately, I am not. Peter Cushing played a version of Dr Who in 2 big screen outings which pitted him against the Doctor's TV adversaries the Daleks. He is not considered canon as far as the old and current TV series is concerned. Cushing played Dr Who at a time prior to it being revealed the Doctor could regenerate his body if ill, old or injured mortally. In fact this was in the mid 60s before the TV character's origins were revealed, so it works in a manner of speaking.
I totally didn't know that! I've watched only the new Doctor Who so far, but I want to catch up with the old doctors!

RoseBennett
Old 10-20-2014, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

More Star Wars: Battlefront III Footage Appears - GameSpot
Old 10-20-2014, 04:45 PM
Absolute Fan

Has anyone heard a specific date when John Williams begins scoring the new film?
Old 10-21-2014, 07:07 AM
Master Fan

No, why do you need a date? I think we're too behind in production for the score!

RoseBennett
Old 10-21-2014, 08:03 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by confessor_meggy (View Post)
No, why do you need a date? I think we're too behind in production for the score!
Well, that's not what Williams said. he said he would begin sometime in late October. But no real date was given beyond that. Could he be working with an incomplete workprint?
Old 10-21-2014, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

5 Plot Holes You Never Noticed In 'Star Wars'
Old 10-22-2014, 10:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderM (View Post)
Well, that's not what Williams said. he said he would begin sometime in late October. But no real date was given beyond that. Could he be working with an incomplete workprint?
I really don't know, I just thought it was too early to think of score.

About the plot holes...
1)NO ONE, not even huffpost can say the falcon is slow, ok?
2)we don't know how long it took to go ti Bespin, so, bygones
3) I agree on the others, lol

RoseBennett
Old 10-22-2014, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

5 is the most undeniable one
Old 10-22-2014, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Screw plotholes. The Original Trilogy (forget the prequels) is way too good for anybody to waste time or thought poking at plotholes.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:09 AM
Master Fan

Well, 5 is bad, but it's not an OT problem at least

RoseBennett
Old 10-23-2014, 07:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

The worst of those plotholes involve the prequels in one way or another and are a result of Lucas making them without bothering to think out his story properly or tie things in with the Original Trilogy.

And Leia wasn't the other Yoda was referring to. Lucas has admitted he didn't know that other was when he wrote that. Unusual candour for him.