Old 01-19-2014, 11:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for starting.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You're welcome

Quote:
Script for Star Wars VII is ready

This year promises to be very exciting with everything that will be happening around the Star Wars Episode VII making. The next chapter is just about ready to shoot as director J.J. Abrams (also co-writing alongside Lawrence Kasdan) reveals that the screenplay for Star Wars: Episode VII is complete.

“We’re working really hard and we’ve got our script and we’re in deep prep,” Abrams tells The Wrap. “Full steam ahead, y’know?”

Abrams also responded to a question about the recent rumor that “Breaking Bad” star Jesse Plemons has read for a role. Although Abrams confirms that Plemons has auditioned, he also cautions fans that a lot more is going on behind the scenes than makes it to the headlines, refusing to disclose whether or not Plemons is actually anywhere close to a role.

Scripted by J.J. Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan, Star Wars: Episode VII is rumored to focus on a new generation of heroes and could include appearances by Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford in older incarnations of their beloved characters from the original Star Wars trilogy. The film is expected to begin shortly and will hit theaters on December 18, 2015.
http://absoluteharrisonford.com/2014...ars-vii-ready/

Last edited by a new hope; 01-19-2014 at 05:15 PM
Old 01-21-2014, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Plemons is a funny name.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It is
Old 01-22-2014, 09:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Poranges and papples.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Leia, Han, and Luke to hit new 'Star Wars' set this spring

According to TV Guide, the three big stars of the original "Star Wars" trilogy plan to arrive on set for Episode VII in March or April.

It's unclear if they'll be arriving onboard the Millennium Falcon, but Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, and Mark Hamill will be hitting the set of "Star Wars Episode VII" this spring.

According to TV Guide, Fisher said that she, along with Ford and Hamill, will be arriving on set to reprise their roles as Princess Leia, Han Solo, and Luke Skywalker, respectively, in March or April.

Will they look the same on-screen when the film opens in December 2015 as they did in 1977 when the original "Star Wars" debuted? Could be, albeit with updates that account for the passing of 38 years. "I'd like to wear my old [cinnamon buns] hairstyle again -- but with white hair," Fisher told TV Guide. "I think that would be funny."

Recently, word has come out that Episode VII director J.J. Abrams has decided to shoot the movie on film rather than digital. Abrams also said that he'd finished the script for the hugely anticipated seventh major installment in the "Star Wars" franchise.
Leia, Han, and Luke to hit new 'Star Wars' set this spring | Tech Culture - CNET News
Old 01-23-2014, 08:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the news.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You're welcome I hope we get some pictures soon.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

I just wish they'd hurry up and give us the news that Disney is going to restore the original original trilogy. I'm much more excited by that possibility than by the idea of Star Wars getting its own equivalent of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I wouldn't hold my breath on that, if they're doing it it'll probably only be talked about when they release the new movie on DVD
Old 01-25-2014, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't expect it to happen soon, but I have hopes that it will happen eventually.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I really hope so
Old 01-27-2014, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

It had bloody better.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Are 'Star Wars' Details Coming Soon? J.J. Abrams Hints At Opening Up
The infamously secretive director expects a 'compromise' between his mystery box and openness to fans.

It was a year ago to the day that Lucasfilm confirmed that J.J. Abrams would direct "Star Wars: Episode VII," and the anniversary only confirms an early fear from hardcore fans of the classic series: that the secretive Abrams would keep everything about the continuation of the story close to the chest.

That is, we know essential nothing about the movie itself. Maybe it focuses on Luke, Leia and Han for one episode before shifting to their children, but that's an unconfirmed rumor. Is the Empire back? Who can say? The little we do know all pertains to behind-the-scenes work, like who is writing the script and how John Williams is returning to score it.

But according to a recent interview Abrams gave to the Daily Telegraph, once production does start rolling on "Episode VII," fans can expect more transparency than they're used to from the director.

" 'Star Wars' is in every way a different animal," Abrams said, discussing the mystery around his book project, "S." "It's always been a more open, fan-engaged universe than I've been used to, so I'm sure there'll be some sort of compromise. But it feels to me like there's a purity in not knowing every little thing."

This "compromise" that Abrams mentions doesn't seem to have taken affect yet because during the interview, he received a call from Bad Robot, updating him on the status of his office which was having its windows blacked-out to create a more secretive working environment.

"I'm working on the Star Wars script today and the people in my office have covered up all my windows with black paper," he said. "I guess they wanted to make sure no one could see what I was doing. It seems rather extreme."

So maybe this does mean a more open Abrams, but until we're looking at pictures from the set, maybe it's best to assume that we won't know much until opening night.

"Star Wars: Episode VII" is scheduled to hit theaters on December 18, 2015.
Are 'Star Wars' Details Coming Soon? J.J. Abrams Hints At Opening Up - Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV.com