Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2018, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxie (View Post)
I also think, that the light shone on Kylo, when he looked up to Rey, after he killed Han.

and the fact that he looked up and saw Rey, right after expressing a look of shame after killing his father, is very indicative of where his heart lies. The balancing act of Ben's conscience revealing itself after Kylo's murderous act and Rey is the one he pursues in the forest, not to kill her, but to bring her round to his way of seeing things.

I love how this line to Rey is directed at himself as much as at her ~

And I think he knew here that she wouldn't be seriously hurt ~

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 02-10-2018, 02:15 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
And I think he knew here that she wouldn't be seriously hurt ~
I think so too. But to be fair, Rey tried to attack him first

Icon Credit
Old 02-10-2018, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
I think so too. But to be fair, Rey tried to attack him first

Exactly. People don't mention that enough. He didn't do anything to her until she tried to do something to him. And instead of throwing her against the tree, he could have struck her with his lightsaber. That proves IMO that he just wanted to stun her rather than kill her. He went there with the goal to ~turn~ her
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 02-10-2018, 03:17 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
Exactly. People don't mention that enough. He didn't do anything to her until she tried to do something to him. And instead of throwing her against the tree, he could have struck her with his lightsaber. That proves IMO that he just wanted to stun her rather than kill her. He went there with the goal to ~turn~ her
You think he went there to turn her? I'm sorry, I have gaps from TFA. I don't even remember how they all ended in the forest in the first place That was almost immediately after Han's death, right?

Icon Credit
Old 02-10-2018, 03:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Everything Kylo does post killing Han Solo can be attributed to him being in emotional distress.

But he didn't forget the most important part: telling Rey he would teach her.
Old 02-10-2018, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Tereza I definitely think he went there to turn her

There are strong differences between how he approaches Finn and Rey in the forest. He targets Rey once, then spends ages mocking Finn and humiliating him by overpowering him in a cat and mouse fight. Then, when Rey wakes up and approaches Kylo, he doesn't look angry when she captures the blue lightsaber. He looks a mixture of surprised and extremely turned on (refer to the OP for a GIF of the moment when he sees she has The Force)

And the scenes leading up to that - Hux pointing out to Snoke that Kylo gave up on the droid just to capture the girl for no real reason, Kylo sweet-talking her during the interrogation scene from the moment she wakes up (if Rey had been anyone else, Kylo would have been torturing them immediately)...

And in the forest, look carefully at his movement when he is dueling Rey. He's defensive, he's not acting as the hunter. He edges her towards the end of the cliff... Then instead of taking advantage of his controlling position, he tries to reason with her, instead.

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 02-10-2018, 04:45 PM
Supreme Fan

Yeah, I know that he didn't wanna kill her in the forest fight. I just couldn't remember, how they all got there. Whether he had any other reason to chase them there besides, like you said, wanting to turn Rey He still needed the location of the island from her, right?

Icon Credit
Old 02-11-2018, 02:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

eta: ~ Ugh, connection error occurred double post happened due to not showing the first one, apologies ~
Skam Italia icon
Gwen

Last edited by Crystal Clear; 02-11-2018 at 03:35 AM
Old 02-11-2018, 03:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Yeah, I know that he didn't wanna kill her in the forest fight. I just couldn't remember, how they all got there. Whether he had any other reason to chase them there besides, like you said, wanting to turn Rey He still needed the location of the island from her, right?

I don't think Kylo was even thinking about the island at this point When he seeks them out in the forest, he has two goals IMO. He wanted to get revenge on Finn (hence the "TRAITOR!" accusation) and he's been curious about Rey ever since she read his mind in the interrogation scene.

Also, I think he's on a downward spiral after killing Han, and he knew that Rey was taken under Han's care for a few days so it makes sense that he would want to pursue somebody that had gotten close to his father
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 02-11-2018, 03:59 AM
Supreme Fan

Hi, Gwen

You're right that after killing Han, he probably couldn't do much thinking, so he was driven by his emotions. I guess that the map was probably tha last thing on his mind, when he pursued them.

Icon Credit
Old 02-11-2018, 04:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Hi, Gwen

You're right that after killing Han, he probably couldn't do much thinking, so he was driven by his emotions. I guess that the map was probably tha last thing on his mind, when he pursued them.

Hellooo

Something weird's going on, my posts aren't always showing up from my POV until hours later

I thought the Kylo/Rey connection was really well established in TFA Straight away, it is portrayed as Rey being the one to bring out his humanity. Nobody else, outside of his parents. The moment he realizes she can read his thoughts, it's like he realizes... "Wow...
Have I finally found a kindred spirit?"
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 02-11-2018, 06:11 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I thought the Kylo/Rey connection was really well established in TFA Straight away, it is portrayed as Rey being the one to bring out his humanity. Nobody else, outside of his parents. The moment he realizes she can read his thoughts, it's like he realizes... "Wow...
Have I finally found a kindred spirit?"
Yes, I like how he's drawn to her since the very beginning. He is fascinated by her since the kidnapping in the forest. Then he starts to feel really connected to her, when he reads her mind during the interrogation and finds that she is just as alone as he is. And then he finds out, that she's force-sensitive too, when she reads his mind. Really a kindred spirit

Icon Credit
Old 02-11-2018, 06:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Yes, I like how he's drawn to her since the very beginning. He is fascinated by her since the kidnapping in the forest. Then he starts to feel really connected to her, when he reads her mind during the interrogation and finds that she is just as alone as he is. And then he finds out, that she's force-sensitive too, when she reads his mind. Really a kindred spirit

I've been watching Reylo related theory videos in the past hour. They are making me smile like crazy.

At least one of the videos gives a very convincing view of evidence pointing towards Rey and Kylo having children together.

I'm gonna start adding some to the OP later. They contain a lot of detailed speculation for Episode IX
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 02-11-2018, 06:31 AM
Supreme Fan

I've seen plenty of videos too. So many theories and so many possible outcomes But I really want Reylo babies And from all the evidence, I'm really inclined to this possibility. It would just make sense

Icon Credit
Old 02-11-2018, 06:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

The point was made in the video that Reylo babies are the key direction to go in that would continue the Skywalker legacy... And that despite their best attempts to convince us otherwise, LucasFilm does NOT want to rid us all of the Skywalkers Kylo and Rey are powerful Force users with a strong intimate connection, and the two of them having children together would create something powerful and beautiful.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top