Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2018, 04:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm looking forward to the novelization, too, because I wanna know what they were thinking in those moments. It's all in their faces but there are so many possible interpretations...
Old 02-19-2018, 06:15 AM
Supreme Fan

Rian Johnson liked this on Valentine's Day

x

And the offical Star Wars twitter page liked these responses to their Valentine's Day tweet

x

Icon Credit
Old 02-19-2018, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

2 pages late but TFTNT
Old 02-19-2018, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Those likes We are so happening.
Old 02-19-2018, 01:57 PM
Supreme Fan

Reylo is still the most popular ship on Tumblr! 10 consecutive weeks!

Icon Credit
Old 02-19-2018, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Amazing We rock so hard
Old 02-19-2018, 02:36 PM
Supreme Fan

I wonder when it stops. Reylo madness

Icon Credit
Old 02-19-2018, 03:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think it'll never stop, they'll become a classic like Han/Leia It'll die down a bit of course but I think they'll always be remembered.
Old 02-19-2018, 03:18 PM
Supreme Fan

Absolutely, if done right in Episode IX. they'll be part of the movie history couples

And if they actually end up together, the madness will be even bigger in 2 years

Icon Credit
Old 02-20-2018, 12:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 02-20-2018, 01:08 AM
Supreme Fan

One of the best love declarations and "marriage" proposals ever

Icon Credit
Old 02-20-2018, 02:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Adam's performance in the Proposal scene is incredible. I love how he gulps at least twice, depicting a nervous Ben

Quote:
I don't think we considered that fact that it was Luke's saber and she probably wanted it back. She wouldn't just leave the saber there with him.

Tereza, I always felt this was a huge reason why Rey took the saber back. Let's remember that the last time Ben was trying to take ownership of the blue saber, it was the TFA forest scene - and Rey will recall that Kylo hurt Finn pretty bad at that point. In fact, I'm surprised that more people forget to link it with that scene. It represents Kylo's arrogance in believing that he deserves the saber because it is his birthright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peatmoss62 (View Post)
In that picture with both of them reaching for the sabre, the text is from a fanfic "novelization" of the scene. The author didn't credit herself in the picture for some reason, but if you go to her site (No Apology Book Reviews) there are several scenes from TLJ she "novelized." They're pretty good, I like how she views Ben. She even wrote kind of a biography for him using quotes out of the books.

Hi and welcome to the thread!

I love what she wrote in that pic of them reaching for the saber. I feel it is an accurate representation of what they were both feeling in that moment. Her somber determination to leave and his desperation to stop her, because it will mean that they're on opposite sides again

Wow 10 consecutive tumblr weeks That's huge. I wonder if any other couple has had such a long running streak? Yay for Reylo
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 02-20-2018, 02:19 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Tereza, I always felt this was a huge reason why Rey took the saber back. Let's remember that the last time Ben was trying to take ownership of the blue saber, it was the TFA forest scene - and Rey will recall that Kylo hurt Finn pretty bad at that point. In fact, I'm surprised that more people forget to link it with that scene. It represents Kylo's arrogance in believing that he deserves the saber because it is his birthright.
Well, it didn't occur to me before but it makes sense But I think that even if Kylo wasn't so attached to the saber, she would have wanted it back. It's her weapon after all.

There are theories that she wanted the saber, because she wanted to hurt him with it. But I don't think she wanted to fight him. I think that the sole reason for that could be that she just wanted the saber back and that's all.

Quote:
Wow 10 consecutive tumblr weeks That's huge. I wonder if any other couple has had such a long running streak? Yay for Reylo

I have no idea since I started visiting Tumblr regularly only after TLJ and Reylo

Icon Credit
Old 02-20-2018, 02:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxie (View Post)
Well, it didn't occur to me before but it makes sense But I think that even if Kylo wasn't so attached to the saber, she would have wanted it back. It's her weapon after all.

There are theories that she wanted the saber, because she wanted to hurt him with it. But I don't think she wanted to fight him. I think that the sole reason for that could be that she just wanted the saber back and that's all.

One of the biggest moments from the TFA forest scene was Kylo's "THAT LIGHTSABER... IT BELONGS TO ME" and I thought of that immediately when Rey reached for it back in the throne room I hate that it's a form of rejection but I choose to think of it as Rey not wanting to give him a straight answer to joining him because she's too hurt about the fact that he refused to help the Resistance.

Quote:
I have no idea since I started visiting Tumblr regularly only after TLJ and Reylo

Tumblr is something that I lacked interest in until recently I've been on it for years and followed a Han/Leia account but my interest has increased ten-fold since these Reylo scenes happened
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 02-20-2018, 02:36 AM
Supreme Fan

Honestly, I don't think that Rey even remembered what that saber meant to him at that moment.There was a lot going on, so I doubt that she even remembered the forest.

Icon Credit
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top