Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2018, 05:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Seems like both are able to make friends with all
Old 01-01-2018, 10:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

How do you guys think Rose/Finn will develop in the last movie?
Old 01-01-2018, 02:53 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I really like them when they work together. I hope to see them work together more in the next movie. I am not sure how I feel about a romance between though. I did not get a romantic vibe in their scenes so when she kissed him it kind of took me by surprise.
Old 01-02-2018, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The kiss was a little out there but wasn't against it
Old 01-02-2018, 01:13 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I'm not against it either. I just didn't get that vibe for them so I can't say I'm for it either. I guess just neutral on it But it seemed like it didn't belong in the storyline
Old 01-02-2018, 11:01 PM
Master Fan

I think they'll get a bigger storyline. Her character has so much potential.
Old 01-03-2018, 02:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thing Remains (View Post)
I'm not against it either. I just didn't get that vibe for them so I can't say I'm for it either. I guess just neutral on it But it seemed like it didn't belong in the storyline
It came out of nowhere but could have just been a spur of the moment kind of thing, result of all the excitement and adrenaline of taking part in a battle and saving Finn.

I didn't get romantic vibes from them either, it's possible that Rose put Finn on a pedestal based on the things she heard about him, admiring a hero.

Whatever they plan for them, I hope they are still going to team up and fight alongside Poe and Rey.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 01-03-2018, 03:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I think it's one sided romance so far, but if done right it could go both ways in the next one...
Old 01-03-2018, 03:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Everything's open. I hope the next movie fleshes her character out more though. I don't want her to end up being the love interest and nothing more. So much potential that hasn't been explored yet.

Old 01-03-2018, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah although I think we're safe on that. They didn't really focus on the love interest part, they focused more on her family story and her beliefs and the crush on Finn came in second, at least that's how it felt to me.
Old 01-03-2018, 02:16 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I agree. It seemed very much on the back burner. So much so that I didn't notice it until she kissed him. I think if they do it right it could be a good storyline. Like I said I'm not against it.

But either way - romance, no romance - I think I would like to learn more about her character in the next movie
Old 01-04-2018, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes definitely!

It was so cute how Finn was covering her up at the end of the movie
Old 01-04-2018, 04:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

I think the kiss surprised Finn, but I don't agree with those who say his reaction meant he doesn't have feelings for her that way (not talking about anyone here, just what I've seen around the SW fandom). He was surprised, and lets be real, I doubt Finn has any experience in romantic feelings....anymore than Rey (or Kylo, for that matter).

It's clear that Rose had some hero worship going on in the beginning, but he was knocked off her pedestal very fast - it's through their journey from Canto Bight to the Snoke's ship that she sees him grow into the person she'd thought he already was.

Their story together doesn't get enough credit - they end up meeting in the middle. Rose is very much about the Resistance, believing in the risk even if it could cost her life (or her sister's), but in the end, she makes the decision to save Finn rather than let him make that self-sacrifice (and has one of the best lines to go with it "we won't win by fighting what we hate, but by saving what we love" (paraphrasing). Finn is the opposite of her as he only thinks of getting Rey and escaping and he grows to believe in the cause.

~Kat

Last edited by TheCheshireKitten; 01-04-2018 at 04:52 PM
Old 01-05-2018, 04:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Great post It's true, Rose opened up the world to Finn, so to speak. He got out of his head a bit and realized the bigger cause was just as important as his closest friends.
Old 01-05-2018, 04:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

I like the outcome (Finn deciding to join the resistance by seeing the bigger picture) but it seemed a bit rushed considering about a week has passed since TFA started and Finn barely recovered from a spine injury.

Quote:
I think the kiss surprised Finn, but I don't agree with those who say his reaction meant he doesn't have feelings for her that way (not talking about anyone here, just what I've seen around the SW fandom). He was surprised, and lets be real, I doubt Finn has any experience in romantic feelings....anymore than Rey (or Kylo, for that matter).
Yeah, Finn was definitely surprised by it. But just as you I didn't interpret it as him not having feelings. His first real human connection were Poe and Rey, chances are he doesn't really know how to respond to anybody showing interest in him.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top