New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2018, 03:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

If only though
Old 05-27-2018, 03:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Luke's face when he realizes Rey is going after his bad-boy nephew whether he likes it or not ~

"I thought I could not have greater love than the love for my husband. I literally was like, this must be the greatest love a human being can have, and we both felt that about each other. Then, we had Wyatt and we were like, whoa!" M i l a A s h t o n
Old 05-27-2018, 03:26 AM
Supreme Fan

Oh, I never paid attention to Luke's face here. Not sure how to describe it, he looks almost sad

Icon Credit
Old 05-27-2018, 03:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's when she's offering him the lightsaber again

She's daring him to step up and take charge, but he still won't do that, so she's pointing out that she has the right to go after Ben Solo because her gut tells her to.
"I thought I could not have greater love than the love for my husband. I literally was like, this must be the greatest love a human being can have, and we both felt that about each other. Then, we had Wyatt and we were like, whoa!" M i l a A s h t o n
Old 05-27-2018, 03:54 AM
Supreme Fan

Thanks

Resigned, that was the word I was looking for

Icon Credit
Old 05-27-2018, 04:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I stand by my view that the TLJ Luke is the best version of Luke we could have gotten

Hamill played him as strong even in the face of adversity and I don't understand why his fans would argue against it. There's nothing wrong with admitting that he made mistakes Kylo has made several bad decisions which have impacted many lives yet it doesn't stop us rooting for his redemption so it shows that Luke's attempt to make things right means a lot.
Old 05-27-2018, 04:26 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
I stand by my view that the TLJ Luke is the best version of Luke we could have gotten

Hamill played him as strong even in the face of adversity and I don't understand why his fans would argue against it. There's nothing wrong with admitting that he made mistakes Kylo has made several bad decisions which have impacted many lives yet it doesn't stop us rooting for his redemption so it shows that Luke's attempt to make things right means a lot.

The thing is that these fans don't root for Kylo's redemption, so maybe that's why. For them, the characters in SW are flawless heroes, which btw wasn't completely true even in the OT, who can't make mistakes. The ST took these characters and made them more human and layered, including the bad guys, and thus more relatable, but for some reason people don't like that

Icon Credit
Old 05-27-2018, 04:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's why I don't like the current state of the fandom. The haters who pit Kylo against Luke or Kylo against Vader are completely missing the point that we're not just looking at Kylo Ren, we're looking at Ben Solo who is completely at a loss to how to get back to his real self because he knows how much Snoke has ruined his family's lives. The haters who don't even try to understand that part of him which is truly suffering leaves me facepalming on a regular basis
Old 05-27-2018, 04:38 AM
Supreme Fan

I feel like that now, when the heroes are flawed, it forces them to look at themselves and their own life and their life choices. Like I said, they are more relatable now. Before it was a kind of an escape from their regular lives, now they see themselves in these characters and it scares them.

Icon Credit
Old 05-27-2018, 05:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Possibly but I think the hateful reactions against TLJ have mostly been unjust by people who try to identify too much with Luke to the point where they think it's ridiculous that he would consider murdering Ben... This is Star Wars. Many characters have made these decisions and had these thoughts based on Light vs Dark impacts on the galaxy, and so for the haters to claim "Luke is OOC" it's just utter garbage and it's not a fair reason to hate on the movie

Old 05-27-2018, 05:06 AM
Supreme Fan

Yeah, that's also true. The point is that people identify with these characters one way or the other and that's causing the hate. But it's also the thing that made some fans love SW even more. Because they can relate to these characters more now, Rey, Luke or even Ben, and it helps them to manage their own life.

Icon Credit
Old 05-27-2018, 05:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Anybody with sense should recognize that Luke's more relatable in the ST BECAUSE he made such a big mistake. It's not as if he plotted to kill his nephew.
Old 05-27-2018, 05:35 AM
Supreme Fan

Yep, it's not like he was plotting for months to take down his nephew. It was literally a spur of the moment thing, it was very human.

This is interesting, not only because of Luke, but also because I thought that Kylo's saber was one of a kind. Well, he is a history nerd, so

And also the saber seemed to somehow took over Luke. What if the legacy saber is somehow cursed? What if it brings out the worst in people?

Quote:
I love that

If you click on it, there is a really interesting thread with other parts of the comic, very interesting

Icon Credit
Old 05-27-2018, 08:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That gif
Old 05-28-2018, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Interesting