Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Summer TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2018, 02:07 AM
  #61
Fan Forum Hero

 
Crystal Clear's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 52,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booklover85 (View Post)
I wonder what would happen if Luke had turned to the Dark Side instead of Kylo that night?

That's actually a good question, because it has many levels. Both of them, in a way, turned to the Dark Side that night. Luke embraced it FOR THE SLIGHTEST MOMENT when he considered ending Ben's life.
__________________
I just want to say that all this "nothing" has meant more to me than so many "somethings".
J o e K a t h l e e n
Y o u ' v e G o t M a i l
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 02:24 AM
  #62
Supreme Fan

 
Foxie's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 9,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
That's actually a good question, because it has many levels. Both of them, in a way, turned to the Dark Side that night. Luke embraced it FOR THE SLIGHTEST MOMENT when he considered ending Ben's life.

I know he did consider it, but I can't imagine Luke going to the dark side ever.
__________________
BELLARKE REYLO DECKERSTAR

Icon Credit
Foxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 02:33 AM
  #63
Fan Forum Hero

 
Crystal Clear's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 52,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxie (View Post)
I know he did consider it, but I can't imagine Luke going to the dark side ever.

That's why I stressed ~ for the slightest moment ~


He immediately has a look of shame in the moment after he held the saber towards Ben, and looks into his "frightened" eyes, knowing he has screwed everything up.
__________________
I just want to say that all this "nothing" has meant more to me than so many "somethings".
J o e K a t h l e e n
Y o u ' v e G o t M a i l
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 02:47 AM
  #64
Supreme Fan

 
Foxie's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 9,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
That's why I stressed ~ for the slightest moment ~


He immediately has a look of shame in the moment after he held the saber towards Ben, and looks into his "frightened" eyes, knowing he has screwed everything up.

About Ben being frightened of Luke. I posted it already on Ben Solo thread, but I'll post it here too, because it's relevant to their relantionship:


Quote:
Omg, I just saw this He's just so terrified





Quote:
So I’m having trouble breathing because I grew up reading lips. Adam has all this dialogue that we don’t get in the audio, like he’s talking to himself.

Here he’s saying “it’s okay, you’re alright.” In the first gif. In the second one he says “It’s just Luke”.

I… I just ****ing.. no. No no no. I cannot handle him being this terrified and comforting himself. This poor soul has been traumatized his entire life.

JJ Abrams better #SAVEBENSOLO or imma burn the whole place down for what they’ve done to my soul.
x
__________________
BELLARKE REYLO DECKERSTAR

Icon Credit
Foxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 03:02 AM
  #65
Fan Forum Hero

 
Crystal Clear's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 52,137
^ It's interesting that the person pointed out about lip-reading, because afterwards when Kylo sees Luke emerge from the smoke, you can see Adam murmur something along the lines of "shut up"... It's been a while since I've seen the movie, so I'll have to re-watch to clarify this, but you can tell there's a mental dialogue between them in that moment where Luke is warning Ben not to defy his Teacher and Kylo is mastering the technique of trying to stay cool and collected whilst actually having Ben inside him being terrified


Adam's a great actor because he shows these little details in the character which somebody else might not bother to do. He quivers and shakes in the aftermath of trying to being threatening, which depicts Ben's memories of fearing his Uncle.


Also, I think in the GIFs you posted, he's also shaken up because he's physically exhausted from exerting so much energy on firing the shots towards Luke.
__________________
I just want to say that all this "nothing" has meant more to me than so many "somethings".
J o e K a t h l e e n
Y o u ' v e G o t M a i l
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 03:11 AM
  #66
Supreme Fan

 
Foxie's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 9,766
I just finding extremely heartbreaking that he has to reassure himself that way. Really, I love Luke, but he really messed up there. He traumatized his own nephew.


And yes, Adam is just incredible. And I've said it many times before, but that man was seriously robbed at the Oscars. Same goes for Mark.


And he definitely looks exhausted, but I think also kinda relieved.
__________________
BELLARKE REYLO DECKERSTAR

Icon Credit
Foxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 03:19 AM
  #67
Fan Forum Hero

 
Crystal Clear's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 52,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxie (View Post)
I just finding extremely heartbreaking that he has to reassure himself that way. Really, I love Luke, but he really messed up there. He traumatized his own nephew.
Too many people ignore Ben Solo's suffering, because they idolize Luke. They should take the blinders off and see that Luke is NOT perfect.

Also, more fans should make the effort to read Jason Fry's TLJ and the Han/Lando spin-off LAST SHOT to be more informed of the mental burden Ben/Kylo has had to deal with just by being a Skywalker/Solo ever since he was a child.
__________________
I just want to say that all this "nothing" has meant more to me than so many "somethings".
J o e K a t h l e e n
Y o u ' v e G o t M a i l
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 03:26 AM
  #68
Supreme Fan

 
Foxie's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 9,766
Did you read TLS? I read only excerpts about Ben...
__________________
BELLARKE REYLO DECKERSTAR

Icon Credit
Foxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 04:11 AM
  #69
Fan Forum Hero

 
Crystal Clear's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 52,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxie (View Post)
Did you read TLS? I read only excerpts about Ben...
No. I swear, I keep meaning to, I have it on my Wish List, but I'm currently so busy reading material for my course that I can't keep up with fictional stuff.

The excerpts of LAST SHOT tugged at my heartstrings.
__________________
I just want to say that all this "nothing" has meant more to me than so many "somethings".
J o e K a t h l e e n
Y o u ' v e G o t M a i l
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 04:25 AM
  #70
Supreme Fan

 
Foxie's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 9,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
No. I swear, I keep meaning to, I have it on my Wish List, but I'm currently so busy reading material for my course that I can't keep up with fictional stuff.

The excerpts of LAST SHOT tugged at my heartstrings.

Oh, I understand, I'm reading only articles and books for my bachelor thesis right now



But the excerpts were just so cute well except the one with the robot
__________________
BELLARKE REYLO DECKERSTAR

Icon Credit
Foxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 04:30 AM
  #71
Fan Forum Legend

 
a new hope's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 368,147
Still haven't gotten the novels
a new hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 04:33 AM
  #72
Fan Forum Hero

 
Crystal Clear's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 52,137
Don't worry Tar I have Fry's TLJ but I still haven't got past Chapter 4


Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxie (View Post)
Oh, I understand, I'm reading only articles and books for my bachelor thesis right now



But the excerpts were just so cute well except the one with the robot

The one with the knife or something? That creeped me out. Ben went through hell as a child.
__________________
I just want to say that all this "nothing" has meant more to me than so many "somethings".
J o e K a t h l e e n
Y o u ' v e G o t M a i l
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 05:17 AM
  #73
Supreme Fan

 
Foxie's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 9,766
Quote:
The one with the knife or something? That creeped me out. Ben went through hell as a child.

Yeah, this one. It was just described in such details
__________________
BELLARKE REYLO DECKERSTAR

Icon Credit
Foxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 05:24 AM
  #74
Fan Forum Hero

 
Crystal Clear's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 52,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxie (View Post)
Yeah, this one. It was just described in such details
That is a perfect example of needing to research the characters via the books and through the writer/director comments about them rather than just judging them based on what we see in the movie. So far, his heartbreaking childhood is only there in the novels. People can't merely judge Ben Solo's adult choices based on the movies, because there is always more to the story than what people see with their eyes.
__________________
I just want to say that all this "nothing" has meant more to me than so many "somethings".
J o e K a t h l e e n
Y o u ' v e G o t M a i l
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 05:49 AM
  #75
Supreme Fan

 
Foxie's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 9,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
That is a perfect example of needing to research the characters via the books and through the writer/director comments about them rather than just judging them based on what we see in the movie. So far, his heartbreaking childhood is only there in the novels. People can't merely judge Ben Solo's adult choices based on the movies, because there is always more to the story than what people see with their eyes.

I know that people say books shouldn't be needed to understand the movie or characters, but I think that in this case Lucasfilm takes it as necessary additional content and they expects us to read it.
__________________
BELLARKE REYLO DECKERSTAR

Icon Credit
Foxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2019.

Copyright © 1998-2019, Fan Forum.


TEST