Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2010, 11:41 AM
Master Fan

Boba Fett Appreciation Thread #4: The sarlaac found him somewhat indigestible

Boba Fett Appreciation Thread #4
The sarlaac found him somewhat indigestible

graphics by FreedomsBullets

Boba Fett Survivor Winner

"I was starting to think that this was all in my head. That maybe I just spent the last week fighting ghosts. Trying to kill a man I can't kill. But now it's starting to make some sense. Fett's not just one man. He's an army."
-Han Solo, Revenants (DH)

Reasons Why We Love Him:

Because he's a badass
Because there are only a handful of people in the galaxy who can best him in a fair fight
Because he became a bounty hunter at the age of 10
Because he won against Aurra Sing before he hit puberty
Because he's a moral bad guy
Because Luke thought he was a good guy
Because the sarlacc found him "somewhat indigestable"

First EVER Appearance of Boba Fett: Holiday Special

Boba Fett Novel Appearances: Under Construction

Star Wars: Attack of the Clones by R.A.Salvatore

Boba Fett: The Fight to Survive by Terry Bisson
Boba Fett: Crossfire by Terry Bisson
Boba Fett: Maze of Deception by Elizabeth Hand
Boba Fett: Hunted by Elizabeth Hand
Boba Fett: A New Threat by Elizabeth Hand
Boba Fett: Pursuit by Elizabeth Hand

The Last of the Jedi: The Desperate Mission by Jude Watson
The Last of the Jedi: Dark Warning by Jude Watson

The Bounty Hunter Wars: The Mandalorian Armor by K.W.Jeter
The Bounty Hunter Wars: Slave Ship by K.W.Jeter
The Bounty Hunter Wars: Hard Merchandise by K.W.Jeter

Previous Threads:

Boba/Bob'ika Appreciation Thread #1 - Because there is only one Boba Fett
Boba/Bob'ika Appreciation Thread #2 - He's our kind of scum
Boba/Bob'ika Appreciation Thread Thread #3 - A nice kid until his dad got whacked

Note: This thread has been made for people who like Boba Fett. If you are not a fan of Boba Fett we ask that you respect other people's opinions and direct your complaints at an unappreciation thread. Thank you for your consideration. Also, if you are the creator of one of the works above and would like to be taken off the thread let me know and I will remove your work immediately. If anyone has anything that they'd like to add to the above we can do that as well.

Captain Ewevs: "You!? But we killed you!"
Boba Fett: "Yes, you killed me. And that made me very, very angry."

Last edited by FreedomsBullets; 03-10-2012 at 10:06 PM
Old 08-07-2010, 11:44 AM
Master Fan

Carried over...

Quote:
She wasn't memorable till you reminded me he had a gf. I'll have to reread it to get a better opinion.
I don't find her memorable either. She's not an atrocious character, she's a strong woman and all that, but she's a little bland.

Quote:
Agreed. *Force-chokes incestuous shippers*
*helps*

Old 08-07-2010, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

I do remember she was blonde.

TFTNT and the graphics are back!
Old 08-07-2010, 03:00 PM
Master Fan

Yep. After moving around those pics on my photobucket I lost a lot of graphics, but I reloaded them. Ta-da!

Old 08-08-2010, 11:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomsBullets (View Post)
*helps*
Well, there is one more incestuous: Going back in time and having sex with yourself. But that's still consensual (by definition), even though it might bring the Clock Roaches after you. (Even sum1 will like this page: It mentions general, grievous errors like having Greedo shoot first.) OTOH, parental incest is probably the most disturbing ship out there.

While we're on the subject of Jango clones and incest, one of the "sex thread" conspiracy theories on theforce.net focused on the description of the clones' quarters as "spartan" in the Republic Commando novels. Now, I'd figure clones' quarters are spartan, but they assumed this meant the clones were based on the Spartans, which of course means pederasty. Complete with insertion-shot-free (thankfully) graphic of a clone orgy. Rule 34.

Not nearly as disturbing as some hypotheses, though. *cough*Marakin*cough*
Old 08-08-2010, 08:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
While we're on the subject of Jango clones and incest, one of the "sex thread" conspiracy theories on theforce.net focused on the description of the clones' quarters as "spartan" in the Republic Commando novels.
WTH? The clones quarters are spartan because they don't have abundant possessions. Theirbelongings are simple and frugal. Also, they're disciplined and probably very clean. That's what the word means.

Quote:
but they assumed this meant the clones were based on the Spartans, which of course means pederasty.
Spartans didn't molest teenage boys anymore than any other Greeks, or Romans for that matter. So I don't really see the connection there. If anything they were less guilty of that since fathering children was a sign of masculinity in their culture, so they'd want to have sex with women. And anyway it's not pederasty since the clones aren't minors.

I don't see why people need to read perversion into everything.

Last edited by FreedomsBullets; 03-10-2012 at 09:58 PM
Old 08-09-2010, 06:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
WTH? The clones quarters are spartan because they don't have abundant possessions. They're belongings are simple and frugal. Also, they're disciplined and probably very clean. That's what the word means.
I know that, and you know that. Traviss herself cleared it up on her FAQ: The Mandalorians are based on the Celts. Since Shysa had an Irish accent in the Marvels, it makes sense.

Quote:
Spartans didn't molest teenage boys anymore than any other Greeks, or Romans for that matter. So I don't really see the connection there. If anything they were less guilty of that since fathering children was a sign of masculinity in their culture, so they'd want to have sex with women. And anyway it's not pederasty since the clones aren't minors.
True, but the focus was on the fact that Spartans were Greek. Yeah, I know, it's really silly. Still squicking at that image of the 300 clones in their locker room.

Of course, 300 is still the gayest movie I've ever seen. And that includes Brokeback Mountain.

Quote:
I don't see why people need to read perversion into everything.
I said it was the sex thread. TFN is really weird. Naturally, other people practically drool (Practically? They use the "drool" emoticon.) all over Ben's little escapade with Tahiri and don't get banned, but I get banned for this discussion of the Jedi Prince series. Note that "Alex" and "Bob" aren't their real names.

Alex: The sky house? I wonder if Han and Chewie will have gay sodomy.
Bob: Since when is living with your blood brother gay sodomy?
me: For some people, mostly fangirls, two males living in the same universe is gay sodomy. Actually, even that won't stop them.

My only Fett sexual theory is that Boba is perpetually attracted to sarlaccs because of the vaginal symbolism, since he didn't have a mother. (And in order to resolve Star Wars canon, he falls into the sarlacc a lot. Once for every time he escapes, in fact. That would be the Marvels, Dark Empire, Tales from Jabba's Palace...)
Old 08-09-2010, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

We always get into strange conversations when you are around Jon.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:29 PM
Master Fan

Freud's ghost is dying to dissect his brain.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
I like Evangelion, but my mother isn't really that attractive.

I just think TFN is hilarious for their weird, perverted fanons.

Oh, I'm inventing a new trope. It's not quite ready, though. I'm trying to decide if Boba and Jango, being played by Maori now, count as Badass Native. Certainly any Temuera Morrison character does.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I almost thought you wrote "Freud's dead ghost is in his brain."
Old 08-10-2010, 06:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Certainly any Temuera Morrison character does.
True. He's the Arnold of natives.
Quote:
I almost thought you wrote "Freud's dead ghost is in his brain."
I wonder what shrinks would say about that.

Old 08-11-2010, 06:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
True. He's the Arnold of natives.
Agreed. I still remember him in Once Were Warriors. He plays an absentee father whose brother molests his little girl, who then hangs herself. Oh, then his son trains as a Maori warrior, and the whole family leaves him. Here's the trope thus far:

Badass Native - Television Tropes & Idioms

Quote:
I wonder what shrinks would say about that.
Freud can't get "in" anything; his dad castrated him.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Agreed. I still remember him in Once Were Warriors. He plays an absentee father whose brother molests his little girl, who then hangs herself. Oh, then his son trains as a Maori warrior, and the whole family leaves him.
Sounds interesting. Would you recommend it?

Quote:
Freud can't get "in" anything; his dad castrated him.
I can't tell if you're joking or being serious. If you're being serious, first of all, EW and OUCH! Second of all, people who are castrated can still get erections.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Sounds interesting. Would you recommend it?
I would.

Quote:
I can't tell if you're joking or being serious. If you're being serious, first of all, EW and OUCH! Second of all, people who are castrated can still get erections.
I was joking. But in psychoanalysis, castration refers to the removal of the penis, so I'll stand by what I said. Especially since Freud's father really did threaten to castrate him for masturbating.

Anyway, Erikson said Freud doesn't really apply to me. I prefer Ferenczi anyway; our modern interpretation of incest is closer to Ferenczi's view (incest as a form of rape) than Freud's (incest as something every child desires).

Speaking of Freud, George is on record saying Luke's hand is a castration scene. Wow, see how I can go back on-topic real quick?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread