Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2018, 03:55 AM
Supreme Fan

Well, yeah, it doesn't matter anyway, still not gonna see him

But I might see the Don Quixote movie, Terry Gilliam is in our country at the movie festival and since today the movie has been in cinemas

Icon Credit
Old 07-05-2018, 10:01 AM
Master Fan

Daisy Ridley's Interview about her relationship/friendship with Adam Driver!

Old 07-05-2018, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Awn
Old 07-07-2018, 03:23 AM
Elite Fan

I was thinking… little Ben wanted to be a pilot, like his father. What if he still wanted to be a pilot when he was a teenager, around the time that he was shipped to Luke to train as a Jedi? Maybe he never wanted to be a Jedi but that was what was expected of him because of his powers?

That could have had to his anger to see his life being taking over by other people's décisions.

In TLJ, we saw him piloting, while he is Snoke's apprentice and could be in danger there. He wasn't part of the FO army so why piloting himself? Maybe because it's what he really wants?

Yep, another reason to want to see Ben Solo in the end piloting the Falcon.

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?
Old 07-07-2018, 05:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I think there are two ways of looking at it. Vader piloted his own ship when in battle and he says he wants to be like Vader. But there's also the childhood dream of being a pilot that came way before he went dark which is all about being like his dad So I can definitely see him piloting the Falcon with Rey in the end.
Old 07-07-2018, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the tweets
Old 07-07-2018, 08:30 PM
Master Fan

New Adam Update!

Quote:
Q&A with brilliant Adam Driver: #girls, #Paterson#Star Wars, upcoming Spike Lee’s #BlacKkKlansman
Old 07-07-2018, 11:33 PM
Supreme Fan

I definitely think that Ben never wanted to a Jedi in the first place. This 'dream' of being like Vader, it was basically forced on to him, because as Mag said, that's what's expected from him, so he took as his own eventually being under Snoke's influence.

And for the the updates, Nici

Icon Credit
Old 07-08-2018, 02:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I know we keep saying this but damn he's so tall, I love it!
Old 07-08-2018, 06:08 AM
Elite Fan

I was wondering, does Ben know who his grandmother is? Do Leia and Luke know about Padme? I mean, Darth Vader died without telling anything about his wife, to Luke. So did Luke and Leia discover who their biological mother is, in novels, between RoTJ and TFA?

What's strange is that Kylo Ren, in TFA, wears a kind of schawl and a cape, like Padme did in AoTC, only she wore it in white and Kylo Ren in black. So I was wondering if he had seen holos of his grandmother?

Old 07-08-2018, 06:26 AM
Supreme Fan

That's an interesting question, but Leia was raised by Bail Organa who personally knew Padme and I assume knows what happened, so I guess she knew. Whether she told Ben, that's another question, but I think Ben knew about Anakin being his grandfather, they just didn't tell him he was Vader, so they probably told him about Padme too.

And I don't think that schawl has anything to with Ben wanting to be like his gradma, but just a fashion choice from JJ etc. to hint at him being Han and Leia's son and also the obvious reverse Anidala storyline.

Icon Credit
Old 07-08-2018, 07:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I definitely think Leia and Luke know, because Bail would've told Leia and Leia would've told Luke everything later on. Whether they told Ben or not though...hard to say.
Old 07-08-2018, 07:22 AM
Elite Fan

It's just strange that when we talk about Kylo Ren's heritage, it's ALWAYS about Anakin, and sure, he plays a huge part in Ben's fate and Anakin is just… the character who links the entire trilogy, the whole 9 movies.

But what about Padme? After all, if Ben started adoring his grandfather, he must have loved his grandmother too. After all, she was Anakin's wife, Luke and Leia's mother. And if Ben knew about Padme being his grandmother, that Anakin and Padme were his grandparents, but not that Anakin was Darth Vader (it's only revealed to the Galaxy when Ben is 23, right, that Darth Vader was Anakin Skywalker and therefore Luke and Leia's father?), then he would know much more about his grandmother who was a Queen on Naboo and a famous Senator too.

Much easier to find out holos and biographies about his grandmother than his grandfather.

Old 07-08-2018, 08:01 AM
Supreme Fan

Yes, but the point is, he admires Darth Vader, the evil version of Anakin, so why would he admire Padme so much if she didn't want to have anything to do with Vader?

Icon Credit
Old 07-08-2018, 08:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah he was never in awe of Anakin, he was Team Vader