Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2018, 01:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Ben Solo|Kylo Ren [Adam Driver] #14: "He's got this strange, interesting face; a real face, as opposed to a perfect face." - Terry Gilliam

{ #14 }
Kylo Ren / Ben Solo

ADAM DRIVER
appreciation thread

"I feel it, again... The pull to the Light."

"You have too much of your father's heart in you, young Solo." {Snoke}

Kylo Ren was the name assumed by a Force-sensitive human male who
was a member of the Knights of Ren, and an ally of the First Order,
approximately thirty years after the Battle of Endor.

"I feel the conflict in you, it's tearing you apart." {Rey}

fans
01. a new hope
02. shut_uo_ste
03. lisagslack14
04. sourburst
05. Out of the Woods
06. kabobs
07. jung trooper
08. rpmaluki
09. Musickat18
10. save each other
11. toxicgurl169
12. LxieGrey
13. ring of fire
14. I'm so behind...
15. GardenSirens
16. Charlone
17. ina_am
18. baelfire24
19. BabyBrooke123
20. sweet creature
21. ChakotaysLover
22. Crystal Clear
23. Nici Dawson
24. Foxie
25. Movies
26. xmag
27. golden tattoo

previous
03 , 04 , 05 , 06 , 07 , 08 , 09, 10, 11 , 12, 13
Skam Italia icon
Gwen

Last edited by Crystal Clear; 07-01-2018 at 05:49 AM
Old 06-14-2018, 01:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Terrible connection today

Bringing this over from the last thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxie (View Post)
Alright

I've said this above, but I think it's just because, for some reasons, villains can't be nominated for best actor overall. He's gonna be nomiated for Best Villian next week. This was just the first wave of nominations. But it doesn't make it anymore stupid

I think we're kinda in a bubble here, but most of the people, general public, don't care that much about SW or Kylo, they just see him as a villain.

Nevertheless, eventhough I really think this is the reason, it still makes me sad for Adam, like you said, he will notice

And yes, this was voted by public. Still waiting for that Best Ship nomination next week. That's the award all the buzz was about on social media a few weeks back.

I can't buy that as an excuse anymore. Adam playing a Villain doesn't discredit his acting any more than it discredited Heath Ledger's in TDK. Daisy was nominated for both Hero AND Performance at MTV. It's two-faced of people to say that Adam was a highlight of TLJ but then not bother to recognize him come awards season. I honestly would have voted for him if I'd known about TCAs. It flew under the radar to me

I did briefly see Reylo fans voting 'Best Ship' a few weeks back Though I don't know how that will go, because the hype seemed to lessen a few days later

I just want Adam to be nominated for SOMETHING. If he doesn't, then none of these awards mean anything. It's just annoying public bias.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-14-2018, 05:56 AM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for the new thread, Gwen

Quote:
I can't buy that as an excuse anymore. Adam playing a Villain doesn't discredit his acting any more than it discredited Heath Ledger's in TDK. Daisy was nominated for both Hero AND Performance at MTV. It's two-faced of people to say that Adam was a highlight of TLJ but then not bother to recognize him come awards season. I honestly would have voted for him if I'd known about TCAs. It flew under the radar to me

Well, I think Heath was an exception. Daisy being nominated for both Hero and Performance is something different. I didn't mean that people can't be nominated in more categories. What I meant was that the general audience sees villains differently than other characters. They like them even, but somehow they don't think of putting them in the best actor category when voting in these awards. It's a double standard, Brolin playing Thanos in Avengers would have deserved to be nominated too IMO, but he is the villain, so the villain category is all he gets. And I'm not exusing it, I hate it too. I wish people looked at all the characters the same, but they don't

And btw, these awards, especially when kids or teens are voting, have usually nothing to do with the actual acting. It's a popularity award. Adam not getting nominated has nothing to do with his acting, but with the fact that villains just aren't taken that seriously in those awards.

Quote:
I did briefly see Reylo fans voting 'Best Ship' a few weeks back Though I don't know how that will go, because the hype seemed to lessen a few days later

That's because they closed the nominations. The voting only took few days

Icon Credit
Old 06-14-2018, 06:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for starting!
Old 06-14-2018, 10:06 AM
Elite Fan

Aren't villain a separated category? That would explain why AD couldn't be proposed in another, since his character is a villain (well, for the GA)?

And Ledger being nominated... was it after he died?

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?
Old 06-14-2018, 10:35 AM
Supreme Fan

Yes, they are and at first I though that actors can be in multiple categories for the same movie, at least at Teen Choice, but if they really can't?

Icon Credit
Old 06-15-2018, 12:18 AM
Elite Fan

I have no idea. It takes place in the States, right? Not being america, I really don't know how things work there, for nominations.

Old 06-15-2018, 03:57 AM
Supreme Fan

Yes, it takes place in the US but really don't know how it works and it can be different for each awards I guess

I just find it kinda hard to believe that he wouldn't be nominated. Those are teens who are voting and they nominated Mark Hammill and not Adam?

Icon Credit
Old 06-15-2018, 04:55 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yes, it takes place in the US but really don't know how it works and it can be different for each awards I guess

I just find it kinda hard to believe that he wouldn't be nominated. Those are teens who are voting and they nominated Mark Hammill and not Adam?
It makes no sense. I mean, the other day, I saw a picture of a sport game in the States, with a poll : which pilot is your favorite in SW? And Kylo Ren was winning 100%. I have seen just today a cute vid of a toddler meeting Kylo Ren (at a Disney park, probably) and she was adorable with him, smiling Following him and waving good-bye.

And do you remember that vid in New York, where AD was shooting a movie and a class of maybe 10 years old happened to be around and they were all screaming "Kylo Ren, Kylo Ren". Plus the ones who would go to the Girls sets in NY with their lightsabers, just to see Adam Driver.

He is incredibly popular with, well, everybody!

Old 06-15-2018, 05:13 AM
Supreme Fan

Yes, from I've seen, children love him. I remember that video from NY, it was so adorable But I haven't seen the ones visiting the Girls set. Do you have a link?

Really, I'm starting to think he can't be nominated

Icon Credit
Old 06-15-2018, 06:35 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yes, from I've seen, children love him. I remember that video from NY, it was so adorable But I haven't seen the ones visiting the Girls set. Do you have a link?
I haven't seen that vid but there's a mention of that in this interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QpEasIbGF4

It starts at 1,35 seconds.

Old 06-15-2018, 06:37 AM
Supreme Fan

Thanks, Mag

Icon Credit

Last edited by Foxie; 06-15-2018 at 06:52 AM
Old 06-15-2018, 10:57 PM
Graphics Team
kooky saiyan girl

Can I be added?
Old 06-16-2018, 12:37 AM
Supreme Fan

Hi, welcome on the thread

Icon Credit
Old 06-17-2018, 10:34 AM
Graphics Team
kooky saiyan girl

^Thank you I'm very interested to see if he gets a redemption arc for the next episode.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top