Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2017, 09:04 AM
Master Fan

Does Snoke know what happened in the end to Vader? I think only Luke knows
Old 12-23-2017, 09:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Honestly I have no idea! I figured if Kylo knows, Snoke knows, cause even if Kylo didn't tell him, Snoke would've read his mind/feelings when they talk about Vader. But Vader himself considered himself and Anakin as two separate beings, on Rebels he says "Anakin is dead"
Old 12-23-2017, 09:55 AM
Master Fan

That's true.. but I always feel that Anakin was the one with a lot of darkness in himself and not Vader. I mean he was still "Anakin" when he murdered all the kids, and was Vader when saved Luke. I guess Kylo never understood Vader's redemption.
Old 12-23-2017, 10:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^True words
Old 12-23-2017, 10:07 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by a new hope (View Post)
We're talking about what made him that way though, not blaming Luke for Kylo's actions on the First Order We're discussing that Luke tried to hill his kid nephew in his sleep because he "felt darkness" coming from him That's when Kylo snapped.
From my perspective of that scene, Luke spared Kylo Ren’s life when he really shouldn’t have. Luke’s assessment about his nephew being dark and dangerous had been spot on. I could be wrong, but I don’t think Luke immediately rushed to the decision to kill Kylo Ren; I think the whole mental process to reach that point must have been difficult and painful for him. However, I do think it’s quite possible that Ben Solo used that attempt on his life as an excuse to become “Kylo Ren.” My opinion is he would have followed the path he’s on no matter what. Something or other would have triggered him. He was a ticking time bomb waiting to explode. So to answer your question, I hold Kylo Ren accountable for any decision he makes about his life, including his reaction to Luke almost killing him. Not saying any of this to be argumentative, contrary, or troll-y. I legit feel this way.

I know he backed off from killing Leia at the beginning of the film, but didn’t Kylo also attempt to kill her (along with the other Resistance fighters) without backing down at the end of TLJ or was he just trying to capture them or did he not know she was there?

I tried to go into TLJ with an open mind when it came to a Kylo Ren redemption arc, but I have no idea how this character could ever be fully redeemed in a believable way, especially after everything he’s done. Fiction or not. I guess I’ll just have to wait and see.
Old 12-23-2017, 10:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden of Might (View Post)
I could be wrong, but I don’t think Luke immediately rushed to the decision to kill Kylo Ren; I think the whole mental process to reach that point must have been difficult and painful for him.
I don't know, I personally got the idea that it was an impulse, because Luke describes is as kind of snapping out of it once he realizes what he's about to do. But honestly this could be one of those stories that have a million different interpretations.

Quote:
I know he backed off from killing Leia at the beginning of the film, but didn’t Kylo also attempt to kill her (along with the other Resistance fighters) without backing down at the end of TLJ or was he just trying to capture them or did he not know she was there?
I'm gonna have to rewatch it cause once he gets there and sees Rey going on board the Falcon he makes no effort to attack or stop them, so I'm not sure.

Quote:
I tried to go into TLJ with an open mind when it came to a Kylo Ren redemption arc, but I have no idea how this character could ever be fully redeemed in a believable way, especially after everything he’s done. Fiction or not. I guess I’ll just have to wait and see.
Well to each their own I think SW is all about redemption and I think they can make it work, hopefully with a happier ending than Anakin's. I'm glad Luke did apologize during their fight scene though.
Old 12-23-2017, 10:20 AM
Master Fan

I don't want to be too open or too closed off about any redemption scenes because then I'll only end up being pissed off when I don't get what I want.
Old 12-23-2017, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That's a good strategy I'm already way too hopeful to be honest I hope I don't get frustrated.
Old 12-25-2017, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

^ I'm exactly the same. And since we have to wait so long for a new movie, I know I'll just create a lot of expectations.

Quote:
I don't see the cold blood part He was a mess in that scene. Not only script-wise but acting wise and in the deleted snow-scene after that scene. Killing Han was the hardest thing he ever did and it ended up having the opposite effect he was trying to achieve. Snoke even hints at it in TLJ. I think cold blooded murders are very different from what we saw in that scene. We've seen Kylo kill people in cold blood, and it looks very different from his scene with Han. Kylo is never cold when it comes to his family, he's always very reactive and emotional, be it sadness (like on Han's case) or anger (like on Luke's case).
Anyone has a link to that deleted scene, please? I had no idea there was one.
Old 12-26-2017, 02:25 PM
Master Fan

from what I understand the scene never made it to the blu ray, but was described to fans by JJ and the other writers, it was Kylo coming out into the snow after killing Han and you could see the remorse and that killing his father had the opposite effect on him, instead of pushing him to the dark side more, it made him more in touch with his feelings and he felt the pull to the light more than ever. it's why he's so angry when we see him again on screen (as opposed to, let's say, gloating about killing Han)
Old 12-26-2017, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Oooh okay. That's so interesting to know, thank you for explaining. I really wish that scene had been on the actual movie or at least on the BTS feature cause it really puts a new perspective into things.
Old 12-27-2017, 03:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for it all
Old 12-27-2017, 08:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

yes, that should have been included
Old 12-27-2017, 09:45 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Anakin killed little kids in cold blood during their Jedi training In ROTS. I think that's the worst act we've seen in the movies so far. I understand that Kylo killing Han is awful but the scene itself makes it have a different feel for me because of how heartbroken he is and how it eventually breaks him.
This. And also, in TFA Kylo doesn't seem to agree with everything Hux and Snoke are doing. He was up in his ship in space when Hux blasted all those planets, and he tried to get Snoke to give him more time with Rey before blowing them up. Nothing excuses his actions for sure. Either way you swing it, he's murdered people. But even after TLJ I don't think he's ever been fully on the dark side. That's why he killed Snoke. That's why he hesitated to kill his mother. That's why he was crying when he killed his father and agreed that he's a monster. Vader didn't have any doubts until the very end. He was fully drinking the Emperor's koolaid.
Old 12-27-2017, 03:31 PM
Master Fan

^i agree
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top