Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2019, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash landing (View Post)
We had to go in with low-none expectations about Anakin
So true. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
Old 12-30-2019, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Sometimes there are certain things that you know to have low expectations about and this was one of those times So not surprised by what you shared and it’s more than I expected tbh
Old 12-31-2019, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

I mean, there were so many hints and clues, so I knew there would be some kind of cameo.
Old 01-01-2020, 11:42 AM
Graphics Team
kooky saiyan girl

There should have been one since he's the OG Skywalker
Old 01-01-2020, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

There is always editing the ending for future releases

ETA : I love this analysis of Anakin and being a slave then a Jedi on tumblr.

https://moonsofiegoweb.tumblr.com/po...tsnow-redrikki

Last edited by BehrItAll; 01-01-2020 at 07:14 PM
Old 01-02-2020, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for sharing that link
Old 01-02-2020, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

It was so compelling. What are your thoughts?
Old 01-03-2020, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Haven’t had a chance to check the link out yet
Old 01-05-2020, 07:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ok I am just going to copy and paste it.

Quote:
“He wasn’t sure how he would feel about seeing the slaver, even if Watto had nothing to do with bringing any harm to Shmi. Watto had treated him better than most in Mos Espa treated their slaves, and hadn’t beaten him too often, but still, it hung in Anakin’s thoughts that Watto had not let Shmi go with him when Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon had bought out his slave debt. Anakin understood that he was probably just deflecting some of his own guilt about leaving his mother with Watto, who was a businessman, after all.”

AOTC Novelization
Quote:
This is one of the most heartbreaking quotes I’ve ever read. Because it shows in all its terrifying nature how deep and rooted Anakin’s slave mindset is.

His mental schemes have been shaped by slavery and its business-like rhetoric according to which “people as properties” is nothing but the plain, inescapable, natural order of things that Anakin isn’t even sure if he’s allowed to feel bad in meeting Watto again since, y'know, in the end “he didn’t beat him too often”, he merely owned him—something so normal, familiar and widespread that probably isn’t even fair to consider worthy of resentment. Even worse, Anakin projects the spite on himself: he’s guilty of leaving his mother behind—him, the slave boy who had just been handed over to Qui-Gon after a bet on his existence, and not the slaver who had power on his mother’s life and could decide whether to let her go or blow her up as it pleased him. And in the end, he removes the judgemental label, switching from “slaver” to “businessman”, as if in the end he doesn’t even feel he has the right to call Watto out like that. It’s such a dreary display of Anakin’s enslaved mind. It’s sad also because there’s surely also defiance, hatred and desire to shame his previous Master in him, but they have hard time prevailing because he’s just so broken.
Quote:
I wrote in Pain Management about the rather unhealthy coping mechanisms Anakin learns in order to survive life as a slave, but I wonder how much of this mentality actually comes from the Jedi. A slave is aloud to think and feel what they like, as long as they don’t get caught acting on it. Young Anakin glares at his master, he argues with him, he steals stuff behind his back, and plots against him. At no point does he seem to feel bad or conflicted about his obvious anger and resentment.

Then he joins the Jedi and they teach him that anger is bad, that being angry is the path to evil. Anakin has a number of perfectly legitimate reasons to be pissed off with Watto, but he tries to convince himself that he doesn’t because feeling even justifiable anger is bad. Interestingly enough, he does the same thing with Obi-Wan. He complains about how Obi-Wan is deliberately holding him back, but almost immediately retracts it, saying Obi-Wan is like a father and that it’s all for his own good. He can’t let himself stay made at his mentor any more than he can stay mad at Watto or the Jedi. After all, he must be mindful of his feelings.
Quote:
Oh, ****, THIS.

Even more, the Jedi taught him that craving for personal freedom (and thus rebelling against those who try to take it away from him) is inherently selfish, because basically it’s no different than craving for personal achievements instead of the collectivity’s or the greater good. So, it’s inevitable that the result of this is “well, in the end I shouldn’t even feel angry at my former Master if self-agency is such a wrong wish”.
(Btw, I love that fic! It sends shivers down my back.)
Quote:
“Something’s wrong. I want more, but I know I shouldn’t,” says Anakin in RotS because, as far as the Jedi are concerned, wanting love, validation, and a degree of choice and autonomy are wrong. Leaving because you no longer trust the institution is selfishness and a personal failing. Caring about others is a personal failing unless it can be exploited. These are the lessons Anakin learned from the Jedi. As a slave, his master simply wanted him to make him money and didn’t give a **** what was in his head or in his heart. The Jedi sought to control both. But at least they didn’t beat him. He probably told himself he should be grateful for that.
Old 01-07-2020, 04:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for bringing the article in
Old 01-09-2020, 03:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for bringing over that article
Old 01-10-2020, 04:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Chrissy
Old 01-10-2020, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden tattoo (View Post)
There should have been one since he's the OG Skywalker
Old 01-12-2020, 06:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Glad to see you CK hope to see you around
Old 01-12-2020, 04:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

The former Anakin Skywalker faces his past in Star Wars: Darth Vader #1 preview

Quote:
From StarWars.com:

“There are many ghosts in Darth Vader’s past. And they haunt him.

In StarWars.com’s exclusive first look at Marvel’s Star Wars: Darth Vader #1, set after the events of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, the fallen Jedi revisits the Lars homestead on Tatooine. Hunting for information on Luke Skywalker and seeking revenge on all those who hid his son from him, tragedies and images from Vader’s past come hurtling back — proving they’re always with him.Darth Vader #1 kicks off the new ongoing series from writer Greg Pak and artist Raffaelle Ienco (with covers by InHyuk Lee) on February 5.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top