Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2020, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hope it is able to happen. That the pandemic is gone by then.
Old 05-30-2020, 10:26 PM
Graphics Team
kooky saiyan girl

Here's hoping will you be going to this convention?
Old 06-01-2020, 05:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

In Germany? I wish. If I were rich.

It gives me hope for a future convention in NYC that Hayden will attend.
Old 06-01-2020, 07:59 PM
Graphics Team
kooky saiyan girl

Wow your in NYC? Are there many SW conventions that happen there?
Old 06-02-2020, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Star Wars conventions have never been in NYC. But we have New York Comic Con. Several Star Wars actors have attended. Mark, Carrie, Ian, Anthony Daniels. Oh Billy Dee Williams. But not at the same time.
Old 06-03-2020, 09:50 PM
Graphics Team
kooky saiyan girl

Very surprising have you been to a Comic Con where one of the actors has had a panel?
Old 06-04-2020, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

At NYCC I went to Mark's panel, both times he came.

And Anthony Daniels. And Ian McDirmid.

I can dig up my old journals and share them.
Old 06-05-2020, 10:01 PM
Graphics Team
kooky saiyan girl

^ Omg that's amazing, I wish I could go to a panel and I would love if you would share your journals!
Old 06-06-2020, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ok. I will do some digging tomorrow and post them then
Old 06-06-2020, 10:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

I still wish they would bring back the big WonderCon that they used to have in my city before they moved it down to Anaheim because our convention center was being renovated

Ray Park was here for a small convention 2 and a half years ago but I didn't go b/c I was busy with college work and it was super hot that weekend
Old 06-07-2020, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh no! Well, Ray does a lot of conventions, so there is a good chance you can meet him at one.

I didn't know Wonder Con used to be on SF.
Did they ever finish the renovations?

Ok, Here is the full day when I met Hayden at Celebration Chicago last year. (with photos)

And here is the nut shell:

The autograph session:

Quote:
As we got closer my heart started pounding. I had to organize my thoughts so that when I spoke to Hayden I would be articulate.

Usually I get my photo print signed, but the way it was scheduled our autograph was before the photo op. I should have bought a nice piece of art (like Megan did) but instead I picked a photo from the table. The one where Anakin's cape becomes the mask of Vader. It's one of my favorite images but I wish I took the time to buy some art instead. Oh well.

When we get up there I went first. Hayden and I made eye contact, shook hands and I introduced myself.

First I told him that Life As a House holds a special place in my heart because my grandfather built his own house with his sons in Long Island.

He said something positive, I don't remember what because I was so revved up to actually be so close to him. I was trying to keep it together and not embarrass myself. So I went on...
Me: Do you have any big birthday plans next week?
Hayden: No, no big plans.
Me: No dirt biking? (A tradition he had with his brother and friends on their b-days.)
Hayden: (smiling) No.
Me: I guess none that you know of. (It was thing where they surprised the birthday boy.)

He was taking his time to sign, which was really nice because it meant we wouldn't get rushed away, so after a small pause of watching him sign I went on to say that "Anakin is my favorite and I am a big Anakin and Padmé shipper, (and gesturing to my costume) obviously."

He thanked me and then I thanked him and wished him Happy Birthday.

Then I kind of stayed off to the side to wait for Megan. She told him how she loves Anakin and his performance. I couldn't really hear the details and I also just spent the time watching him.

He is just the sweetest and so personable. I love him.

The photo op:

Quote:
Megan and I had planned to do like Charlie's (or Anakin's) Angles poses. As time was getting closer to buy the ops Megan asked if two of her friends, Colleen and Lea, could join in. I had no issue with it. It certainly helps with the cost. Up to 4 people are allowed in a photo. Colleen was wearing the Ahsoka dress from Her Universe and she had a lightsaber. Lea was wearing a Darth Vader sweater.

As we walked in the booth Hayden remembered me from the autograph and it felt to nice to see the recognition in his eyes. *melts*

With 5 of us in the photo we were planning before hand how we would pose and Colleen said she would get down in front and even practiced her kneeling. It was like one knee is bent and the other leg is stretch out behind her. Well as she was going down (it took her a couple of tries) Hayden said, "Oh, she's going for it!" I loved that. I'll never forget it.

The photographer took the photo and looked at it on his screen and then said, "Everyone keep your eyes open." And he took a second photo. (When it was printed out we saw that Lea had blinked.)

So we got to spend a few seconds more with Hayden. And all I could think was I have my hand on his lower back. *dies*
Old 06-07-2020, 06:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah hopefully

it was here from ‘03-11

they were gonna come back up after the renovation was done but decided to stay in Anaheim instead
Old 06-07-2020, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
it was here from ‘03-11
That's a long time.

Quote:
they were gonna come back up after the renovation was done but decided to stay in Anaheim instead
Bummer.

Now you need a new convention.
Old 06-08-2020, 06:04 PM
Graphics Team
kooky saiyan girl

Thank you for sharing your experience Steph, it must of been nerve wracking. He seems like quite a quiet, humble guy
Old 06-09-2020, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome.

My heart was pounding in my chest. He is very sweet, and so nice, and he is a quiet guy.

This was the con that was canceled in March that Ewan and Hayden were supposed to attend and have a panel together.

I know I posted it a lot but I usually cover all the threads incase some lurkers don't visit all the threads.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top