Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2018, 10:00 AM
Master Fan

Old 08-28-2018, 05:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the updates!
Old 09-01-2018, 04:43 AM
Elite Fan

I know I look like a broken record on that subject but Christensen HAS TO come back to the ST as Anakin. It's his grandson's story, a Grandson who loves his grandfather so yeah, they should "meet" and the grandfather should have a talk with his Grandson.

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?
Old 09-01-2018, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'll be a broken record, too, and say I don't want that happening I feel like the sequels are so disconnected from the prequels (in a good way) that I'd find it weird. Like even if Ewan McGregor showed up for a reason it'd make my head spin. I understand your point though. Ben needs to know that the man he admires so much regretted going to the dark side and died in redemption and regret for all his bad decisions. He needs to know Anakin, not Vader. I just hope they do it another way.
Old 09-01-2018, 01:10 PM
Elite Fan

Disconnected? Kylo Ren dresses like his grandfather, wants to finish what his grandfather started, chokes his enemies like his grandfather used to do, plus all the visual parallels to the prequels, like the pod Rey uses to get to Kylo which looks like Padmé's coffin.

Or when Kylo Ren asks Rey to come with him to rule the Galaxy, like Anakin asked Padme. How Rey refused because she can't follow him, like Padme refused. So many parallels with the prequels!

Anakin needs to come back (not Vader, even though I think it might be useful for Ben to understand how being Vader destroyed Anakin's soul), after all, Anakin, under one form or another, is the only character to have been in every movie. It started with Anakin, it has to end with him.

Old 09-01-2018, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Disconnected in vibe/direction/writing, not plot. In my opinion of course. I totally get your point, I just wouldn't want any of the prequel actors in there. It's like when Rian said that he considered having Hayden be Luke's mentor in TLJ instead of Yoda, but backed out of the idea because Luke didn't have any connection with the younger Anakin, just the older one. Kylo has a connection to Vader, not Anakin, and if he were to speak with Anakin, it'd have to be the older version post-redemption IMO Because that's the force ghost that exists. Unless you consider the changed versions that put Hayden's head in the end of ROTJ which made no sense, especially considering they chose a shot of Hayden from ROTS where he was already turned dark
Old 09-02-2018, 09:36 AM
Elite Fan

I have seen the original version of ToTJ in theaters and have seen the updated version with Christensen on DVD and I prefer this version. Because for me, Anakin died on Mustaphar so if he got redeemed at the end, then Young Anakin makes sense. What was Inside the cyborg body wasn't Anakin Skywalker but Darth Vader.

And Anakin, for me, makes more sense, as a Force Ghost, if the goal for Abrams is redemption for Kylo Ren. Because since he admires his grandfather, then his grandfather, Anakin, has to show up to explain what really happened, and why at the end of his life, he turned back to the light. He has to explain that being Vader was like burning forever and that he doesn't want that for his Grandson, that he still has the possibility to leave the FO and become Ben Solo, once again.

Old 09-02-2018, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Anakin died in that suit as Anakin back to the light, telling Luke he had saved him, after the ultimate sacrifice. To me that's the real Anakin that has the knowledge to guide anyone, especially Ben. But we'll agree to disagree on that because this could go on forever My views are the exact opposite.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Agreed he died as Anakin
Old 09-16-2018, 07:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Hayden Christensen plays it light for a change
Old 09-23-2018, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh thanks for the article
Old 09-25-2018, 03:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

No problem
Old 09-28-2018, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

So rumors are that Hayden is returning for Anakin
Old 09-30-2018, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond insane (View Post)
So rumors are that Hayden is returning for Anakin
The only thing that will get me excited for episode 9.

I have to find time to go to and see Little Italy.
Hope it plays near me.
Old 10-01-2018, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

We'll probably never know about this rumor until the movie actually premieres