Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Summer TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2014, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Anakin Skywalker | Hayden Christensen #11 - "I am becoming more powerful than any Jedi has ever dreamed of."

by Marissa

by Tasha:

by xextremex:

by Charon:

WINNER of Hayden's Character Quote Survivor/COLOR]

Sam: I think there has to be a door between where you cook and where you crap. Even in the bush - tribal people, you know, they have a place for both. Probably it's like a law. God! It's probably in the Bible. It's at least a building code violation. - Life As A House

Past threads:
Anakin Skywalker/Hayden Appreciation thread#1: He is the "chosen one".
Anakin Skywalker/Hayden Christensen #2: Jedi or Sith he's our man
Anakin Skywalker / Hayden Christensen #3: A Jedi who fell from Grace.
Anakin Skywalker / Hayden Christensen #4: "He IS a disturbance in the Force."
Anakin Skywalker/Hayden Christensen #5: He brought balance to the Force
Anakin Skywalker/Hayden Christensen #6: In the time of greatest despair, there shall come a savior
Anakin Skywalker/Hayden Christensen #7: Took him a long time to find his way back.
Anakin Skywalker/Hayden Christensen #8: The path to Sith is paved with good intentions
Anakin Skywalker/Hayden Christensen #9: "Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever."
Anakin Skywalker | Hayden Christensen #10 - "The Force is strong with you, Anakin Skywalker."

Future titles:
"You underestimate my power!"
Old 10-17-2014, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It was time for a new thread I used one of the title suggestions from the OP
Old 10-17-2014, 07:41 PM
Absolute Fan

Here's to the badass jedi who became an even more badass Dark Lord! *raises glass*
Old 10-18-2014, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I remember talking to my mom about Anakin's life once, she was in a depressed mood because she thought all he had in his life was misery. I replied back with some arguments about him knowing love (for a short amount of time, but still) and saving his son and redeeming himself, but she was all "yeah but the majority of his life was hell". Do you guys agree? Did Anakin live a pretty miserable life overall to the point where it's depressing to talk about ?
Old 10-18-2014, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yay for a new thread
Icon by:Sarah
Chrissy
Old 10-18-2014, 04:05 PM
Absolute Fan

I think that prior to becoming Vader, Anakin did know some measure of happiness, with his jedi work and friendship with Obi-Wan, something I admit the PT did not get into as much as the Clone Wars animated series. But yes, he was like any man who grows up in a secluded way that eventually encounters temptation and unfortunately for him-he succumbed to that but no, I don't think it is a depressing topic.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I like that way of thinking
Old 10-19-2014, 12:59 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap'n cook (View Post)
I like that way of thinking
I speak what I believe is the truth in this matter. I really don't know if Anakin would have realistically turned had he been much older, as discussed in a different topic on here, but an older Anakin could have rocked. It could have been far more tragic a story.
Old 10-19-2014, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Star Wars

I agree and older Anakin would have been wiser and therefore less likely to turn. His impulsive youth made sense.

I do think he knew some happiness for a short time. I think he got a thrill from serving in the Clone Wars and of course being married to Padmé.
Old 10-19-2014, 01:17 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrItAll (View Post)
I agree and older Anakin would have been wiser and therefore less likely to turn. His impulsive youth made sense.

I do think he knew some happiness for a short time. I think he got a thrill from serving in the Clone Wars and of course being married to Padmé.
But then there would be no story. But I wonder what might turn a 40-something Anakin and make him become Darth Vader? As a kid, I often imagined scenarios of the like.
Old 10-19-2014, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Star Wars

A total lust of power, I suppose.
Old 10-19-2014, 01:28 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrItAll (View Post)
A total lust of power, I suppose.
Or if his family were somehow threatened he could search for a way to defeat the Emperor and instead fall into his grasp anyway.
Old 10-19-2014, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
X-Men
Harrison Ford

In the Annotated Screenplays it says that during the making of ROTJ Anakin was envisioned as being in his 60s in ROTJ. That puts him in his 40s when Luke and Leia were born.

I always imagined Anakin went dark the same way Luke nearly did in ROTJ -Palpatine got him hopped up on rage and hatred and he went over the edge.

tuck frump
Old 10-19-2014, 01:51 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
In the Annotated Screenplays it says that during the making of ROTJ Anakin was envisioned as being in his 60s in ROTJ. That puts him in his 40s when Luke and Leia were born.

I always imagined Anakin went dark the same way Luke nearly did in ROTJ -Palpatine got him hopped up on rage and hatred and he went over the edge.
That makes sense. And I would have liked there to have been an older Anakin in the prequels. That could have worked well. They could have found a Sebastian Shaw lookalike (only younger) for the three prequels. Such casting changes in the prequels first 2 episodes has caused a lot of division. Those movies should have been closer together like the OT was.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top