Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2018, 04:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Hey guys!

Thank you so much for all your sweet concern and thank you again Lizzy, for everything you've done here for me whilst I've been away. It's been a long two weeks!

As most of you know, I was very excited for something special. I was expecting to meet one of my favourite actors, Tom Welling, at a convention called Star Sanctum in London, which was to be held this very bank holiday weekend (May 5th/7th). Unfortunately, on April 17th, Star Sanctum announced on Facebook that it was cancelled due to not enough tickets being sold and insufficient interest. This made me extremely angry because they had already taken my good hard earned money and my concern was to make sure I got my money back. I had to take time away from in order to make sure this was sorted. I have already made a huge post about this on the off topic at the Tom Welling board, so I will not be going into too much detail here.

What I will have to say though is that during those two weeks I had away from here, it made me think about the time I spend online and on . It made me realise that many other life stuff has to take precedence and I need to re-think how I spend my free time. It also made me realise that I cannot mod this board alone anymore. It has been a while since my last co-mod Jenny left. So I must ask if I can get a new co-mod for the board very soon. Life has gotten very busy for me now, with lots of stuff going on that I need to think about in regards to my future (work, home, family etc.) So I say this with a heavy heart that even if I do get a new co-mod soon, I may have to start thinking about my priorities with regards to my time here on . If I do start to have less free time, I may not be able to moderate two boards, and it may mean I have to make a tough decision. I absolutely love modding here and my passion for Disney will never leave, but I feel that I cannot leave the Tom Welling board at this present time. So as a small warning, I might have to consider stepping down as moderator of Disney.

This won't be anytime soon though. If I do get a new co-mod, I will give it a good few months to see how things work out. Because I really don't want to leave at all. But I have to think about the rest of my free time and priorities now.
Old 05-04-2018, 11:19 AM
Moderator Support Team

welcome back. so sorry to hear things didnt work out with convention. were you able to get your money back?

i totally understand wanting a co mod and needing to rethink you priorities. your home life should come first. we will always be here for you though liv
Old 05-05-2018, 01:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Thanks Jen. Yes, I was able to get the money back I paid for the tickets, which was £499. The money I paid for the hotel and travel fares I won't be getting back, but I'm not worrying about that anymore.

Thanks again. Case in point, my dad just had a nasty fall this morning. He's ok, but did suffer a cut to his head. Mum is tending to him now, but I feel like I shouldn't be posting right now and make sure he is ok. He's in his 90's and his mind is not what it used to be. My mum and I try to keep him as level headed as we can.

Mum has just called for an ambulance, so I have to go now. I've got to walk the dog
Old 05-05-2018, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Welcome back, and I'm glad you were able to get your money back for the convention tickets.

Life does need to take priority; so, I'm glad you're trying to figure out what works best for you.

Big lights will inspire you
Old 05-05-2018, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Thanks Lizzy!

Little update on my dad; he's staying overnight in hospital as a precaution. So far he seems to be ok and nothing too serious. My mum is back home now and we plan to try have a relaxing evening in.

I hope to post at least a little tomorrow morning, depending on how things go, keeping fingers crossed they'll be able to send my dad home tomorrow.
Old 05-05-2018, 06:49 PM
Moderator Support Team

glad to hear your dad will be ok. and that you and your mom was there to help him.

sorry you wernt able to get your plane or hotel fair back but at least you got your convention money back.
Old 05-06-2018, 12:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Yes, we're hoping he will be discharged from hospital today. Mum is going to the hospital but it might take most of the day.

My travel fare was only train, not plane. Yes, the most important thing was getting the ticket money back. Though more important than money for me was just the disappointment that I would not be meeting Tom. But given what had happened yesterday morning, which would have been just before I left for London, I don't think I would have been able to go. I couldn't leave and then something awful happened while I was there. If that was the case, it would have been most difficult to cancel my hotel reservation on the day I was supposed to be booking in. Not to mention, how would I get a refund for the tickets in that circumstance.

Anyways. How are you and everyone else? Hope you're all having a great weekend!
Old 05-06-2018, 04:18 PM
Moderator Support Team

its probably for the best then you didnt go, as hard as that might be.

anyways, my weekend is going ok.
Old 05-06-2018, 11:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I think it was some kind of twisted fate, that it was cancelled so I couldn't go.

My dad is back home now. We now must make sure he doesn't have any more nasty falls in the future.

That's good!
Old 05-08-2018, 09:28 AM
Moderator Support Team

glad he is back home and resting. hope he is doing better now.

yes everything is meant to happen for a reason .
and hopefully tom will reschedule at another time that will better work out for you in the future
Old 05-08-2018, 11:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Yes, and we're going to make sure he stays well, especially since he would not want to end up back in hospital if he can help it.

Indeed, it does. I have absolute faith that Tom will make his way to the UK one day. He's got a real taste for fan conventions now and has attended quite a few already this year in the US and Australia, and there's more he's got booked in throughout the year! So if he can make it out all the way to Australia, he can certainly make it here. All he needs is to be invited to one of our ACTUAL GENUINE AND MORE ESTABLISHED fan conventions! Looking up UK fan conventions, we actually have more than I thought we did, (I actually need to do more research ) though I think very few invite the big/ish stars, basically only the big city ones. Most are just small comic cons mostly for cosplay and such, but there's a couple of actual genuine not too good to be true conventions in London that would still most likely have Tom one year. So I'm going to pay close attention to some of those over the next few months/year.
Old 05-08-2018, 07:43 PM
Moderator Support Team

thats great. i hope it works out for you (and tom)
Old 05-08-2018, 10:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tom should come to Texas as well. lol
Old 05-09-2018, 12:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

^ He's pretty much visiting most of the States already. He needs to come to more countries.
Old 05-09-2018, 11:18 AM
Moderator Support Team

that is great he travels so much to fan conventions
Closed Thread   Post New Thread