Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2020, 03:53 PM
Moderator Support Team

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs #4: Lips red as the rose. Hair black as ebony. Skin white as snow.

Welcome to the Snow White appreciation thread!

x

Film Summary

Once upon a time...

There lived a lovely little princess named Snow White. She lived with her vain, wicked stepmother who was jealous of her beauty and forced the young princess to clean in rags. The Queen asked her magic mirror every day, "Who is the fairest one of all" and always received confirmation that she was the fairest. One day, the mirror's answer changes, proclaiming Snow White to be the fairest. The jealous Queen orders a huntsman to kill the girl and return with her heart as proof. The huntsman finds he cannot go through with the deed and urges Snow White to flee into the woods and never come back. Snow White does so and befriends the woodland creatures who lead her to a cottage deep in the woods. This is the home of the seven dwarfs: Doc, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, Bashful, Sneezy, and Dopey. When they find her, Snow White promises to cook and clean if they'll let her stay and they happily agree.

Snow White regales the dwarfs with music and her dream of finding her prince (surely thinking of the handsome young prince she met in the first scene of the movie). The dwarfs grow to love Snow White and all seems well until the Queen finds out from the magic mirror that the young princess is still alive. The Queen disguises herself as an old hag and creates a poisoned apple to give Snow White. (The "sleeping death" can only be cured by the power of "love's first kiss"). The Queen goes to the woodland cottage while the dwarfs are away and tricks Snow White into biting from the poisoned apple. The Queen is chased by the dwarfs and woodland creatures to a cliff where she ultimately meets her demise. In the end, Snow White's prince (who seemed just as entranced by her when they first met), does come. He visits her glass coffin (though she's still under the sleeping death, the dwarfs couldn't stand to bury her), and he gives her what seems to be a final kiss. Instead, it awakens the young princess, bringing much joy to her and the dwarfs.

...And they lived happily ever after.

"Someday my prince will come. Someday we'll meet again. And away to his castle we'll go. To be happy forever I know..."

"Lips red as the rose. Hair black as ebony. Skin white as snow."
"Snow White."

Film History

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is a 1937 American animated film produced by Walt Disney and released by RKO Radio Pictures. Based on the German fairy tale by the Brothers Grimm, it is the first full-length cel-animated feature in motion picture history, the first animated feature film produced in America, the first produced in full color, the first to be produced by Walt Disney Productions, and the first in the Walt Disney Animated Classics series.

It went on to gross a total of $8 million in international receipts in its opening release. The film was added to the United States National Film Registry as being deemed "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant" in 1989. It was one of two animated films to rank in the American Film Institute's list of the 100 greatest American films of all time in 1997, and again in the 2007 revision, this time being the only traditionally-animated film on the list. The AFI named the film as the greatest American animated film of all time in 1998. The film won an Academy Honorary Award "as a significant screen innovation which has charmed millions and pioneered a great new entertainment field". Walt Disney received a full-size Oscar statuette and seven miniature ones, presented to him by 10-year-old child actress Shirley Temple. The film was also nominated for Best Musical Score.

"Oh dear... I wonder if the children are- ooh! Why... why you're little men!"

OP made by Veiled Vesta

previous threads:
#1 / #2 / #3
Old 10-23-2020, 01:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

TFTNT! And thank you so much for fixing the OP!
Old 10-23-2020, 11:17 AM
Moderator Support Team

you're welcome
Old 10-23-2020, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread and for fixing the OP!
I am an original”
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 02:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

It looks pretty
Old 10-25-2020, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

It does look very beautiful.
I am an original”
Old 10-26-2020, 07:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Cleaning like Snow White

Old 10-27-2020, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

She makes cleaning look so fun.
I am an original”
Old 10-28-2020, 03:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

She does! And the animals help, could do with them here.
Old 10-28-2020, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Haha, I totally agree with you there!
I am an original”
Old 10-29-2020, 02:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

There's so much dust in this house and it's a big old house. We definitely could use their help!
Old 10-29-2020, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

We have been cleaning but we have been getting rid of a lot of old stuff so more dust is around!
I am an original”
Old 10-30-2020, 02:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Yeah, same, the more stuff we get rid of the more dust we find!

Old 10-30-2020, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

I should sing that song while I clean lol!
I am an original”
Old 10-30-2020, 06:42 PM
Elite Fan

I could never whistle lol.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top