Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2016, 10:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story #1-"Save the Rebellion. Save the dream"

Release date: Dec 16, 1016

Summery: In a time of conflict, a group of unlikely heroes band together on a mission to steal the plans to the Death Star, the Empire's ultimate weapon of destruction.

Cast:
Felicity Jones as Jyn Erso
Diego Luna as Cassian Andor
Alan Tudyk as K-2SO
Donnie Yen as Chirrut Îmwe
see full cast

My LJ

Last edited by livstevi21; 06-02-2022 at 12:48 AM
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 10:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

I want to see this soon.

My LJ
Old 12-18-2016, 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Me too. I love Star Wars anything.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
BleedingBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 10:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Same here. I like the cast as well.
My LJ
Old 12-18-2016, 10:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like the cast as well. One of my friends saw it over the weekend and loved it.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 12-21-2016, 02:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I'm not into Star Wars at all, but I really like Felicity Jones as an actress. I think she's great. It's so weird to me, though, 'cause I grew up watching The Worst Witch back in the late 90's and she played Ethel Hallow in the first series. And then years later I see her in an episode of Doctor Who, (the one with Agatha Christie) and then I saw her in The Theory of Everything (she was amazing as Stephen Hawking's wife). It's great she's become a successful actress.
Old 12-21-2016, 03:52 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the thread. We are seeing this tomorrow.
*Felicity*
LostShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 07:37 AM
Passionate Fan

Wow, Disney bought Star Wars as well?
Old 12-26-2016, 07:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes they bought Lucasfilm.

From Wikipedia
Quote:
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC[3] is an American film and television production company based in the Letterman Digital Arts Center in San Francisco, California. The studio is best known for creating and producing the Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises, as well as its leadership in developing special effects, sound and computer animation for film. Lucasfilm was founded by filmmaker George Lucas in 1971 in San Rafael, California; most of the company's operations were moved to San Francisco in 2005.[4] The Walt Disney Company acquired Lucasfilm in 2012 at a valuation of $4.06 billion.
Quote:
Discussions relating to the possibility of The Walt Disney Company signing a distribution deal with Lucasfilm officially began in May 2011, after a meeting that George Lucas had with Disney CEO Bob Iger during the inauguration of the Star Tours–The Adventures Continue attraction.[13] Lucas told Iger he was considering retirement and planned to sell the company, as well as the Star Wars franchise.[14] On October 30, 2012, Disney announced a deal to acquire Lucasfilm for $4.05 billion,[15] with approximately half in cash and half in shares of Disney stock.[16] Lucasfilm had previously collaborated with the company's Walt Disney Imagineering division to create theme park attractions centered on Star Wars and Indiana Jones for various Walt Disney Parks and Resorts worldwide.[17]

Kathleen Kennedy, co-chairman of Lucasfilm, became president of Lucasfilm, reporting to Walt Disney Studios Chairman Alan Horn. Additionally she serves as the brand manager for Star Wars, working directly with Disney's global lines of business to build, further integrate, and maximize the value of this global franchise. Kennedy serves as producer on new Star Wars feature films, with George Lucas originally announced as serving as creative consultant.[18] The company also announced the future release of new Star Wars films, starting with Star Wars: The Force Awakens in 2015.[17]

Under the deal, Disney acquired ownership of Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and Lucasfilm's operating businesses in live-action film production, consumer products, video games, animation, visual effects, and audio post-production.[19] Disney also acquired Lucasfilm's portfolio of entertainment technologies. The intent was for Lucasfilm employees to remain in their current locations.[20] Star Wars merchandising would begin under Disney in the fiscal year 2014.[21] Starting with Star Wars Rebels, certain products will be co-branded with the Disney brand,[22][23] akin to what Disney has done with Pixar.[24] On December 4, 2012, the Disney-Lucasfilm merger was approved by the Federal Trade Commission, allowing the acquisition to be finalized without dealing with antitrust problems.[25] On December 21, 2012, the deal was completed, and Lucasfilm became a wholly owned subsidiary of Disney.[5]

Disney's CEO Bob Iger confirmed that Lucasfilm had plans to have stand-alone Star Wars films with Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg lined up to develop the movies that would be released sometime during the six-year period the sequel trilogy will be released.[26]

In April 2013, the development arm of the LucasArts division was closed down and most of its staff was laid off.[27][28] However, LucasArts remained open with a skeleton staff of fewer than ten employees so it could retain its function as a video game licensor.[29] On May 6, 2013, Disney announced an exclusive deal with Electronic Arts to produce Star Wars games for the core gaming market. LucasArts retained the ability to license, and Disney Interactive Studios retained the ability to develop, Star Wars games for the casual gaming market.[30][31]

20th Century Fox, the original distributor of the first six Star Wars films, still retains the physical distribution rights to the original two Star Wars trilogies, currently owning permanent full distribution rights for the original 1977 film, while also holding the theatrical and home video distribution rights to Episodes I–III, V, and VI until May 2020.[32] Lucasfilm retains the television and digital distribution rights to all the Star Wars films except the original.[33] In December 2013, Walt Disney Studios purchased the distribution and marketing rights to future Indiana Jones films from Paramount Pictures, although the latter studio will continue to distribute the first four films and will receive "financial participation" from any additional films.[34][35]

On January 3, 2014, Lucasfilm announced that Dark Horse Comics' license for Star Wars comics would end in 2015, and return to fellow Disney subsidiary Marvel Comics.[36] On April 24, 2014, Lucasfilm announced that the Star Wars expanded universe would no longer be explicitly sub canon (but may be drawn upon for future works) and that The Clone Wars and Rebels animated series would be considered canon and future Star Wars projects would be overseen by a new story group to keep to that canon. Additionally, the Star Wars Legends banner would be used for those Expanded Universe materials that are in print.[37] Disney Publishing Worldwide also announced that Del Rey would publish a new line of canon Star Wars books under the Lucasfilm Story Group being released starting in September on a bi-monthly schedule.[38]
My LJ
Old 12-26-2016, 09:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I remember when they first announced it years back. Thanks for posting the info.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 12-27-2016, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome. Sad to hear about Carrie Fisher.
My LJ
Old 12-28-2016, 10:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah it sure is. And her mom too today passed. Very tragic.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 12-30-2016, 10:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes it was. That really was hard on her to lose her daughter. I feel for their family.

I went to the Disney store today and they had so many cool stuff of Rogue One and other Star Wars stuff. My fiance ended up getting Han Solo. Princess Leia was sold out, of course.
My LJ
Old 01-01-2017, 06:51 PM
Master Fan

We really enjoyed this movie over the weekend. I highly recommend it to all that is a Star Wars fan.

Definitely sad about Carrie Fisher and her mother passing.

I'll have to see if I can order those figures online.
*Felicity*
LostShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 10:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I will have to go to the Disney store sometime myself and check them out.

Awesome that you liked it Felicity.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Reply   Post New Thread