Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2016, 03:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I was forgetting the UK release date was a little later than Feb 23rd. But I have preordered it and it should arrive next week.
Old 03-25-2016, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

And I just finished watching it. I have to say I really enjoyed this one. I wasn't too sure at the beginning, but when the film really started to get going I got into it more. The animation was....wow. I mean, Pixar always excels in the quality of animation, getting more and more beautiful with each film. But the backdrops and the scenery was so beautiful it was photo realistic, it was just stunning. Which brings me to the character design...which I've mentioned before. Yeah, the design of the dinosaurs themselves could have been a little more realistic given the realistic setting Pixar set them in. They were a little too simplistic, but when I started to invest in Arlo's journey from a scared little dinosaur into a fearless protector of Spot, that didn't end up bothering me as much. I adored seeing Arlo and Spot's friendship grow. They were just so cute together, I like how they protected each other and began to understand one another.

I'm glad Arlo later realised that it wasn't Spot's fault that his father died and the ending bought some tears to my eyes. Arlo knew Spot should be with his own kind with a new family so he left him with them.

It may not be Pixar's best in terms of story, but man, in terms of animation....this could be my favourite one yet!
Old 03-25-2016, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

I'm glad to hear you receive it so warmly!
GardenSirens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I did I definitely need to watch it again to get more out of it.

I think it's just such a shame it didn't do so well in the box office. I think it came out too soon after Inside Out's critical acclaim. Everyone was so excited about the fact that Pixar was finally back to their best quality, making films with original concepts and ideas with amazing stories and memorable and relatable characters and all that. But then this film is released and everyone was disappointed. I just think that people are being a little too harsh on Pixar, just because of that track record they had with hit after hit of 'flawless' films. We've set Pixar up on such a high pedestal that whenever a less than critically acclaimed film comes out we get disappointed. Saying that, I didn't care for Cars, but that and it's sequel are the only Pixar films thus far that I don't mind forgetting about.

Also, I guess all the delays and production changes didn't help with The Good Dinosaur. Kind of similar to what happened with Brave. But they're both still highly enjoyable films, they still have a huge heart to them (though I think The Good Dinosaur actually has a little more heart than Brave) and what's Pixar without real heart and stories of relationships at it's core?
Old 03-27-2016, 11:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the excellent review, Liv.
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

You're welcome.
Old 03-29-2016, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

I thought it was very cute. I loved the graphics and the friendship between Arlo and Spot.

This scene was adorable.

My LJ
Old 03-30-2016, 01:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Cute, wish that scene was actually in the film!
Old 04-01-2016, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know right. I was going to buy the movie yesterday while I was shopping but didn't have enough for it. I will probably get it in my next paycheck.
My LJ
Old 04-10-2016, 01:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

So heartwarming.

Old 04-17-2016, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Awww *hugs him*

This is a great tribute.

My LJ
Old 04-20-2016, 03:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Aww, that was beautiful.
Old 05-05-2016, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know right. I love the howling they both did together.
My LJ
Old 05-06-2016, 01:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Me too. I love how their friendship grew.
Old 05-06-2016, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

I'll be watching this in the next week or two!
GardenSirens is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread