Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2012, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Mulan #8: "I knew we could do it, you're the man! Well, sort of." - Mushu

Welcome to the Mulan appreciation thread!

Hidden story;
An animated Chinese legend which was released in 1998. Mulan is the story of a young Chinese girl who risks herself taking part in a war which her father was suppose to have attended through strict orders from the General himself.
Due to her father's debilitating injury, one night Mulan wakes up during the night and goes to her father's secret room filled with armor and battle weapons. She grabs hold of his fighting sword only to stroke it straight
through her long beautiful black hair. Mulan leaves on her loyal horse and attends a camp where young gentleman are being trained up for the commencing war. She poses as a man hoping that nobody will find out the secret of her actually being a female.
Mushu a tiny red dragon is summoned by an ancient God, his goal is to return Mulan back home without complications. As the story proceeds Mulan's hidden secret is found out, she is sent away across the snowy mountains along with Mushu,
her companions and her horse. Mulan has faith in herself believing that the Huns still haven't been taken down properly. She attends the Chinese ceremony based at the Emperor's Palace only to find that she was right, the Huns have returned.
Mulan saves the whole of China and is thanked by the Emperor who offers her special gifts. Mulan returns home with the gifts and reunites with her family. Mushu returns to the ancient Gods
held in the shrine knowing that he hadn't succeeded with returning Mulan safely beforehand.

Films history;
Mulan is a 1998 American animated musical film directed by Tony Bancroft and Barry cook It was produced by Walt Disney Feature Animation and released by Walt Disney Pictures on June 19th 1998,
Ming-Na, Eddie Murphy, Miguel Ferrer and BD Wong star in the English version of Mulan. Jackie Chan was the voice actor for the Chinese dub version. This film was the the 36th Animated feature in Walt Disney Animated Classics and part of Disney Renaissance.
The film is based on the Chinese Legend of Hua Mulan.

Mulan was the first of three features produced primarily at Disney Animation studios in Orlando Florida. The films development began in 1994. A number of artistic members were sent to China, their goal was to receive artistic and cultural inspiration.
Mulan received a Golden Globe and academy award nominations. It won several awards including Annie Awards and Best Animated Feature. A 2005 direct video sequel was also produced to show us the rest of the story.

Mulan is set in China during the Han Dynasty. The female Fa Mulan is the only daughter of an elderly aged warrior named Fa Zhou.

Trainer and the Maiden;

Shang and Mulan started off on a hard rock whilst he trained the young female who he always believed was male, until her cover was blown one day, only for Shang and the rest of his companions to discover she's actually female.
Shang started to feel betrayed once he realized that Ping was indeed a woman. He drew his sword outside in the bitterness cold right in-front of Mulan deciding what to do next. He threw the sword next to her and
walked away. This left Mulan bewildered again being a normal girl. All of the training which she had done kept her stronger than she'd ever been before. Mulan rode back to the Chinese Palace
of her own accord, warning Shang that the Huns are still in town and are going to strike at any moment. He didn't believe her words now that her secret has been disclosed. Thanks to Mulan's bravery she
ends up saving the whole of China.
Shang visits Mulan's house to return her father's helmet. He is asked to stay for dinner.
The journey for Shang and Mulan has been very sophisticated for both characters. They are both courageous and talented, who do everything in their power to help others.

"What you like to stay for dinner? would you like to stay forever?
Dinner would be great"

Mushu and Crick-ee dedication of awesomeness;

Mulan was given a "lucky charm" on the day when she had to impress her Majesty so that she could prove she was fit to wed. The cricket turned out to only bring her bad luck in the process.
The cricket met a tiny red lizard named Mushu who thought that Crick-ee was just a waste of space.
Everything unintentional that happened to Mulan, Mushu ended up putting the blame on Crick-ee.
Throughout their journey together their epic friendship started to grow stronger. Mushu and Crick-ee took part in unstoppable schemes and plans and make an everlasting team.

Always blaming the cricket

"C'mon you gonna stay, you gonna work."

"Who am I? I am the guardian of all souls.. I am the powerful, the pleasurable the indestructible Mushu!"

"Who are you? Your worst nightmare"

"Who is that girl I see?
Staring straight back at me
Why is my reflection someone I don't know?
Somehow I cannot hide who I am though I've tried"

"What do we want?
A girl worth fighting for
Wish that I had
A girl worth fighting for"

"I'm never gonna catch my breath
Say goodbye to those who knew me
Boy, was I a fool in school for cutting gym
This guys got 'em scared to death
Hope he doesn't see right through me
Now I really wish that I knew how to swim.."

"Now I see that if I were truly to be myself, I would break my family's heart."

Credit for gifs :here

OP made by Moonlight_shine.

Icon Credit: my beating heart
Old 07-13-2012, 01:45 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT!

Gorgeous OP Gorgeous movie

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 07-13-2012, 04:33 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you for the new thread, wifey!

Aww, thanks Mary! This film is absolutely stunning.

- Katie
Old 07-15-2012, 05:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

No worries wifey & Mary

It is such a good film.

Old 07-15-2012, 12:50 PM
Elite Fan

The film is spectacular. Everything strong and beautiful.

- Katie
Old 07-16-2012, 05:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's a film with a strong inspirational message.

Old 07-16-2012, 07:45 AM
Elite Fan

Extremely powerful. There were so many unexpected scenes in this film.

- Katie
Old 07-17-2012, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Honor To Us All doesn't get enough love from the fans. I think it's quite a good song.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:02 AM
Elite Fan

Honor to us is one of the most important messages in the film. Especially towards Mulan.

- Katie
Old 07-17-2012, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Absolutely, it's such a good song, no idea why it doesn't get more love.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:35 AM
Elite Fan

Bringing in the love. I love the chime to the music.

- Katie
Old 07-17-2012, 10:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for the new thread! Beautiful opening!
Old 07-18-2012, 04:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

No worries Tara

Love that song.

Old 07-18-2012, 08:59 AM
Elite Fan

That was the first OP I ever made.

Aww wifey, you added a heart to my name underneath the OP.

I love this song so much too. Mulan had to get into a freezing bathtub.

- Katie
Old 07-19-2012, 06:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Of course I did, it's your baby.

Poor Mulan. I am loving the complaining from her grandma.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread