Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2013, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

The dvd has only just released today here in the UK.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Just watched Monster's University. OMG I loved it, a very worthy prequel for the original film. It may not have quite the special touch or as much heart as it's predecessor, but it's definitely got that Pixar quality and charm that we know and love. Great character development and story, much better than I was expecting.

Sully starts out as this lazy jerk who thinks he's a great scarer just because his father was a famous scarer, and thinks he doesn't need to work at the Uni in order to achieve. This was rather risky territory to explore since we had already fallen in love with his character in Monster's Inc. but the Pixar team knew what they were doing, and gave him fantastic development throughout the film to reach who he becomes in Monster's Inc. I love that the focus on the story was not just with how Mike and Sulley became best friends, but also how Mike's dream was to become a great scarer but was always put down by others, saying he's not scary at all. I LOVED Mike's focus and drive in this movie. He worked hard to achieve his dreams and I loved how he was the leader of his team, getting them to work hard and be at their scary best, even though they may not look like scary monsters. The story was very strong, and I'm glad we got to see why Mike ends up not being the scarer, but the trainer and leader of his team with Sully. It was an awesome ending, where we see them work their way through the Monster's Incorporated company from sorting letters, to canteen workers, to a scaring team. Even if they hadn't quite completed the scare course at university, they worked hard to achieve their dreams, get a job at the main scaring company.......

.....Woah. That's awesome Pixar. I never completed Uni either, but working my way through the dream job system right now...kinda. Well, earning money as a checkout assistant and volunteering at the zoo where my dream is to work with animals for a living...make something happen, work hard and maybe soon one day get a job there!

Pixar you crafty geniuses!

Last edited by livstevi21; 11-15-2013 at 02:45 PM
Old 11-20-2013, 04:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

No one for Monster's Inc. anymore?

Source
Old 11-21-2013, 05:21 PM
Total Fan

Monsters University was so cute, I loved the character developement for all the characters we grew to love and hate/dislike (Randall). I will definitely want to buy the dvd for Monsters University. I already have Monsters Inc and just watched it again a few weeks ago haha, Boo is always just way too cute.. makes you wish you had her as a daughter or sister haha

"What I need is the dandelion in the spring, only Peeta can give me that."-Peeta/Katniss
Old 11-22-2013, 01:19 AM
Total Fan

I love those gifs, and Boo looks so cute.

It sounds like I should give Monster's University a chance. I was nervous about how bad they where going to make both of them so I have kept putting the movie off.

icon by

Sarah
Old 11-22-2013, 02:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

^ You definitely should give Monster's University a chance. I wasn't sure about it when I first saw the trailer, and Sulley does act like a jerk in his college days to begin with, but his character development was flawless and you get to really like him again by the end of the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBfan19 (View Post)
Monsters University was so cute, I loved the character developement for all the characters we grew to love and hate/dislike (Randall). I will definitely want to buy the dvd for Monsters University. I already have Monsters Inc and just watched it again a few weeks ago haha, Boo is always just way too cute.. makes you wish you had her as a daughter or sister haha
Agreed!
Old 11-22-2013, 03:06 AM
Total Fan

I am going to keep my eyes out for it in Redbox because I really do want to see it now. It sounds cute.

icon by

Sarah
Old 11-24-2013, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Oh do. It's a great movie.
Old 12-22-2013, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

I rented Monsters University. I already seen it in theater but looking forward to seeing it again. May watch Monsters Inc first though for Boo.
My LJ
Old 12-22-2013, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Monster's University was really good, though I did miss seeing Boo.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:16 PM
Master Fan

Source

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 02-28-2014, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Love the picset!

Just watched Monster's University again. Watching it the second time you get to see things you may have missed first time round, so I got Sullivan's character development even more. When Mike takes the Oozma Kappa team to Monster's Inc. and shows them who works there and the scarers who are all different and have varied abilities, and make them realise they can be just as scary with their own thing, Sully realises how much of a jerk he's been and apologises to Mike about it. I've seen reviews of this movie where they point out how Sully is such a jerk at the beginning, and it ruins the movie for them, and their view of the character in general, which is a shame 'cause they must have missed his development. It was subtle, but it still shows. The growing friendship between Mike and Sully is also subtle yet strong, and definitely believable.

Although Randall's character could have done with more development. He isn't really given a proper reason as to why he becomes such an enemy towards Sulley and Mike. Sure, he may have been influenced by the Roar Omega Roar team, particularly the evil Johnny Worthington III, and Sulley's huge roar in the last of the scare games threw him off his attempt, but was that really enough?

Anyways, the third act of this movie will always be my favourite part of the movie.
Old 03-01-2014, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Beautiful, I love the coloring they used.

Liv, I loved Monster's University as well. I like seeing them become friends.
My LJ
Old 03-02-2014, 03:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

They made a great story out of it.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

They really did.

My LJ
Closed Thread   Post New Thread