Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2017, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They're actually going to do the Little Mermaid? wow, then I get really excited to see how they're going to pull off the underwater world!
Old 05-28-2017, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
There was a time I thought they were making too many live action adaptions but they have been so good and they make alot of money. I think I've liked all of them so far, the only one I didn't like that much was Alice Through the Looking Glass. Cinderella, The Jungle Book (which was all CGI animals that looked so real, and the prime example Lion King could easily work. The same guy that did that is going Lion King) and Beauty and the Beast were really good. From off the top of my head they are planning to do Aladdin, Mulan, Dumbo, and The Little Mermaid. The Little Mermaid is the one I don't get how thier going to do cause it is all underwater but that is one of my favorite Disney films (behind The Lion King which is my favorite Disney animated film) so I look forward to it. I think The Jungle Book has been their best live adaption so far.
Well, if you think about it, The Little Mermaid isn't all underwater. Ariel spends a pretty good amount of time out of water with her legs. I could see it working because such underwater scenes have been done before, it's not impossible. It has potential, even if it might not be completely necessary. I still think Disney are over doing it with the live action remakes, but I agree about The Jungle Book and Cinderella, they were lovely adaptations. They just need to pick and choose what works and what doesn't. Beauty & the Beast - yes (I still need to see it). Dumbo...not so much. Mulan and Aladdin - yes, The Lion King, no.

I know Jon Favreau is doing The Lion King, and I can see the CGI will look as fantastic as it did in the Jungle Book. The problem is, it's an unnecessary remake as all it will do is turn The Lion King as a purely CGI film, no matter how realistic the animals will look. It can't be called a live action remake because there are no human characters in The Lion King. It just doesn't make sense in my opinion.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, true, it's not all underwater. But I'm very curious about how these underwater scenes could be pulled off.
Old 05-30-2017, 06:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

That is true. I am curious with it as well.
My LJ
Old 05-31-2017, 01:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callace (View Post)
Yeah, true, it's not all underwater. But I'm very curious about how these underwater scenes could be pulled off.
I'll show you how they should do it in the Little Mermaid thread.

Let's go back to the Lion King.

This is what a live action Lion King looks like. I'm desperate to go see this show again.

Old 06-16-2017, 09:01 AM
Master Fan

Old 06-16-2017, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Wow, 23! I feel old!
Old 06-18-2017, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know how that is
My LJ
Old 06-20-2017, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

It's so hard to believe where all that time has gone!
Old 07-05-2017, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

It was released not much longer after I was born.
Old 07-05-2017, 11:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

So you were born in 1994 then, yes? I was 5 when this movie came out. Which was perfect timing for me. I remember getting the VHS when it was released.
Old 07-10-2017, 05:59 PM
Moderator Support Team

Old 07-11-2017, 01:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Thanks for the link! I have to put it out there again.

I'll never understand the logic of this 'live action' Lion King movie. All it will be is CGI, with no human characters in it to call it 'live action'. With Jon Favreau at the helm, I have no doubt it will look amazing like it did in The Jungle Book, but this will never feel right to me, despite the interesting cast they've got going for it so far. Especially interesting that James Earl Jones will be the only one reprising his role of Mufasa from the original. All he'll be doing is repeating the same lines, with a few changes I expect. Seems rather odd if you ask me. It just won't feel right. No one has a voice like James Earl Jones, so you couldn't really find anyone more perfect for Mufasa, but the same could be said for all the others. I usually try not to judge before I see, but this is one exception where I just can't unfortunately.

Anyway. Someone stop me from saying my feelings on it again, I know I've overstated it many times already.
Old 07-11-2017, 08:03 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

But they do this show on Broadway with real people, can't they do the same for this?

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 07-11-2017, 10:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Well, that's been my point before, that we have the broadway show for a live action Lion King. It just works. A remake movie of the animated film where there are no humans and will just have CGI animals can not be called a live action remake, it's just a CGI animated update that's not needed and will not offer anything new other than the CGI. But this is just my opinion.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread