Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2005, 11:58 AM
Part-Time Fan

Disney Movies are Going so Downhill since the 90s

I havn't seen 1 good Disney movie since the 90s. It's liked they stopped trying. They don't even make good animated movies anymore. All they do is computer animation. Its really sad
Kendra23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 01:37 PM
Passionate Fan

oh, I totally agree. Especially the disney channel ones. They all suck. I used to love all the old movies and still do, but they never play them anymore. The only one they played recently that I cant get enoough of is Brink! I used to love this other movie...i think it was called Wish Upon A Star where the two sisters wish on a star (duh) and they are switched bodies. I've been waiting for them to play it like forever. Also, all ,the movies that come out in the theatres are usually aweful too. Disney, what is goin' on?!
Old 09-26-2005, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree too, alot of the newer Disney movies just arent that great especially Disney channel movies. I remember Wish on a star, that was pretty decent.
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 07:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I definitely agree with this. Even though I've loved the Pixar/Disney collaborations, the stand alone Disney movies have been lacking a lot of magic, and I don't think they've put out a really good movie in a long time. It's very disappointing. Disney has lost their spark and their magic.
Ellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 05:27 AM
Dedicated Fan

me too - can't but agree
i'd better watch stupid spongebob then boring disney cartoons
Alena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 08:05 AM
Master Fan

I know, it seems on the Winnie the Pooh ones have been good, but then your appealing to a young crowd and its Winnie the Pooh. Mabey thats why they keep re-releasing the old movies.

The sequels they made are pretty bad too. Little Mermaid 2 makes me want to kill Melody. They only sequel i like that just Disney has made has been the Beauty and the Beast: Enchanted Christmas.

Visit my Book Blog "Little Corner of the World" HERE
Jedisakora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 09:50 AM
Moderator Support Team

All the sequels like Cinderella 2 and Mermaid 2 etc. were made for video/dvd release so you could tell the work is only so-so. They said Brother Bear was the last movie they made that wasn't computer animated and that didn't do as well as the computer ones done with Pixar, like Finding Nemo and Monsters Inc. and The Incredibles. So the trend is...sadly...they are just going to do more computer animation and leave the hand-drawn ones to dvd releases and shows on TV.
Quarterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 10:59 AM
Total Fan

Disney movies definately aren't as good as they used to be. I don't even bother to watch the sequels to any of the classic movies. They don't even look that good and that is probably the reason they were released direcly to DVD and not to the theaters. I never watch the Disney channel.
Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 09:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah I never seen the sequels either expect for Aladdin and Lion King
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 10:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've seen very few of the sequels, and the ones I have seen, they're not the best....
Old 09-29-2005, 05:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Agree. Bring the old days back Disney.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:15 PM
Master Fan

They just need to get back with Pixtar. It was close to suicide to split with them.

Visit my Book Blog "Little Corner of the World" HERE
Jedisakora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Definitely. They must have rocks in their heads for disolving that partnership.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

Alena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 10:20 AM
Master Fan

I still watch disney.. I like most of the shows they are showing, The suite life of zack and cody, that's so raven, lizzie mcguire, phil of the future, boy meets world and that new one they are airing. I don't watch the disney movies much anymore. The ones I did like they aren't showing. Wish Upon a star, and brink are my 2 favorites. The original disney movies are going downhill badly.

Katie
PaceyandJoey4Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread