Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2014, 10:17 PM
Master Fan

The Black Cauldron #1: You must believe in yourself! I believe in you.

The Black Cauldron Appreciation Thread #1

This is the story of a young man named Taran, who is an assistant pig keeper with boyish dreams of becoming a great warrior. Hen Wen, a magical oracular pig, is kidnapped by an evil lord known as the Horned King. The villain hopes Hen will show him the way to The Black Cauldron, which has the power to create a giant army of unstoppable soldiers. With the aid of a stubborn princess, named Princess Eilonwy an exaggerating bard, and a pestering creature called Gurgi, Taran will try to save the world of Prydain from the Horned King. Taran and his new friends embarks on a quest to find the dark magic Black Cauldron the item of ultimate power before a diabolical tyrant The Horned King can.

Release Date: July 24, 1985

x

Icons

Source

more here

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois

Last edited by livstevi21; 08-03-2018 at 01:21 AM
baelfire24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

I never seen this one before. It looks cute in the pictures.
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I started to watch this one, but found it rather boring. It just didn't feel very Disney to me. But it does need some recognition. It's probably very underrated.
Old 01-17-2015, 07:06 PM
Master Fan

Source: didysaydisney

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
baelfire24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 10:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

I never seen this one before. Thanks for the thread. Hopefully others have seen this or liked it.

I put it on my long list of stuff to watch.
My LJ
Old 08-14-2015, 01:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

I really liked this one as it's quite different.

This was the first movie i saw in theaters at age 3 when it first came out and had a Gurgi doll then later the computer game at age 4 with a readalong with cassette. I got the VHS at age 16 after waiting years even from remembered seeing clips in the late 80s and early 90s on Disney history with clips and on DTV and reading about it in magazines/books.

Does this movie remind anyone of animated fantasy flicks like The Last Unicorn, The Dark Crystal, The Secret of NIMH, The Flight of Dragons, Heavy Metal, Fire and Ice, Rock and Rule, Wizards, Ninja Scroll and Princess Mononoke? i do or are HM, F&I, Wizards, NS and PM are for adults?
BatmanRules82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 06:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

This movie is certainly the black sheep of the classic Disney films…I've yet to see it all the way through, I got bored with the first 10 minutes. It probably does resemble those films more than any other classic.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:34 AM
Addicted Fan

I never saw this movie. I like the pictures.
socialfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 04:15 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by livstevi21 (View Post)
This movie is certainly the black sheep of the classic Disney films…I've yet to see it all the way through, I got bored with the first 10 minutes. It probably does resemble those films more than any other classic.
Is it cause it's not a musical and when you think disney you think musicals right? you should give this another chance for its different like Atlantis you know.

And you seen those adult animated fantasy flicks i mentioned especially Heavy Metal and Ninja Scroll?
BatmanRules82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 02:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

No, I don't think it's because it's not a musical, I just couldn't get into it. I might try to watch it again soon. I was never interested in the sci-fi of Atlantis or Treasure Planet either. I guess it's just a feeling I get with it. And no, I haven't seen or heard of those adult animated fantasy films.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

I watched this movie for the first time and really enjoyed it. I am glad I rented it.
My LJ
Old 10-18-2015, 06:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I'll have to give it another go sometime.
Old 10-18-2015, 08:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

I loved Gurgi

My LJ
Old 10-19-2015, 05:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

He does look like a fun character.
Old 10-20-2015, 05:47 AM
Fan Forum Star